+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Nothing is a guarantee, it's about increasing the probability that you get an ITA. If you attain a B2, and you don't get an ITA, okay, you gave it your best shot, time to move on. What if you didn't learn french, and later it turns out that there will be French draws independent of NOCs? Will you start learning it then? Along with everyone else attempting to do the same? Guess what. By then, French will no longer be an advantage, it'll be the average.

Yes, it's all hypotheticals. You can play that to your advantage and doing doing EVERYTHING in your control. Or you can wait and HOPE for the best and ruin your mental health in the process. Isn't really much of a choice to me. The ultimate outcome doesn't matter. Start thinking about things in terms of probabilities. And increase your odds of getting that ITA. Whether you actually get one or not is an entirely different discussion, one that nobody else other than you will be interested in.

Ultimately, whether you want to put the time into it or not is completely up to you. There are other ways to get to Canada, but for now, they are all significantly more expensive and will take more time. If IRCC suddenly decides that they will no longer give the 50 point bonus, I'll be the first to say it is not longer worth the effort.
@armitabbsn Read this.

Reactions: armitabbsn
D

Deleted member 1006777

Would 489 a quite high score to get an ITA before the targeted draw?
Idk man, we're all just guessing. In my opinion, 489 is too low. But I hope I'm wrong. It took 6 months for scores to drop to 491, and there have been 2 skipped draws so far. Outside of a massive draw before targetted draws begin, I don't see much possibility for scores going to 489.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
@AndyUK @mushymush thank u guys

I took the TEF canada exam (not regular one)
I just afraid even with a b2 plus , canada wouldnt take “not in demand nocs”
I think if I start now, I can manage to again take the exam by the end of Feb
Wait until tomorrow. If there's a draw, then there's a pretty good chance that the draws will continue until April or whenever new system will be implemented. The draw size, cut off, etc. will also give you an indication if you have a chance to get through without retaking TEF or not.

If there's no draw, then it's up to you - either wait and hope the new system works out in your favour or retake TEF and still hope it will work out in your favour but you have now better chances.

Personally, I would give it a shot - you have a high score and you should get B2 plus quite easily. If it doesn't work out, then at least you know you've done everything you could. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Idk man, we're all just guessing. In my opinion, 489 is too low. But I hope I'm wrong. It took 6 months for scores to drop to 491, and there have been 2 skipped draws so far. Outside of a massive draw before targetted draws begin, I don't see much possibility for scores going to 489.
anyway, I am literally 0.0000001 on French, so by the time I get B2, the new draw most likely has been implemented...

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Would 489 a quite high score to get an ITA before the targeted draw?

btw @armitabbsn, your NOC is a pharmacist, would healthcare workers most likely be on-demand NOC?
If they resume draws in January, 489 may get ITA before March
Yes pharmacist, dunno it would be in demand or no
This new noc-based draws is so unknown!

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wait until tomorrow. If there's a draw, then there's a pretty good chance that the draws will continue until April or whenever new system will be implemented. The draw size, cut off, etc. will also give you an indication if you have a chance to get through without retaking TEF or not.

If there's no draw, then it's up to you - either wait and hope the new system works out in your favour or retake TEF and still hope it will work out in your favour but you have now better chances.

Personally, I would give it a shot - you have a high score and you should get B2 plus quite easily. If it doesn't work out, then at least you know you've done everything you could. But that's just my opinion.
Yes I would do that
Well, I hope tomorrow we see a draw . if they are well-prepared after holidays to fix the glitches

And If they are not planning to pause it until spring

statstud2

Jan 3, 2023
Hey all!

Do you think I have a chance of getting an ITA? I have 498 points. I know they haven't drawn in a while now and there are targeted draws incoming. Do you think there's hope for me to get ITA this year? Thanks.

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hey all!

Do you think I have a chance of getting an ITA? I have 498 points. I know they haven't drawn in a while now and there are targeted draws incoming. Do you think there's hope for me to get ITA this year? Thanks.
For sure you will hopefully get your ITA in january. 1st daw could be above 500, however second will be below 500. Best of luck

Reactions: statstud2

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hey all!

498 is a very good score. If the draws are resumed (maybe tomorrow?) you should be fine, although it can take a couple of rounds to clear all high-score applications.
Targeted draws were supposed to start in April so you should be fine.
But then again, nothing is ever certain... until draws (of any kind) are resumed, we can only speculate.

statstud2

Jan 3, 2023
498 is a very good score. If the draws are resumed (maybe tomorrow?) you should be fine, although it can take a couple of rounds to clear all high-score applications.
Targeted draws were supposed to start in April so you should be fine.
But then again, nothing is ever certain... until draws (of any kind) are resumed, we can only speculate.
Thanks a lot! If you don't mind me asking how do you know that the targeted draws are starting in April? Didn't they say they'll start the targeted draws by Q1?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks a lot! If you don't mind me asking how do you know that the targeted draws are starting in April? Didn't they say they'll start the targeted draws by Q1?
For example the article below. IRCC told moving2canada on 6th December that 'targeted draws are coming in Spring 2023'.

That being said, I'm saw another article published around the same time which said Q1 2023 so who knows :D

https://moving2canada.com/when-will-targeted-express-entry-draws-start/#:~:text=On December 6, Immigration, Refugees,in the spring of 2023.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Might just join them. Did you use their subway? Is it as efficient as they say? I am used to a subway connecting almost every part of the city.
No idea, was using a car to travel around

Regarding work-life balance, from what I've been told it is certainly more European than the rest of Canada but I doubt it is that much different given that it is in North America (although they do get the Quebec preferential treatment).

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi hi one yr have passed ,since we all are here ,slowly a lot of people I know here started getting pr one after the other ,last yr if someone told us a lot will be getting pr it would have been a joke,but it happened atleast to all people I knew from here.

About torronto my 2 cents ,Ontario unless you have a 100k + job and your partner also 100k or you have generational wealth forget there.
People say a lot of opportunities so do a lot of competition. Calgary is a good city but the weather is terrible, f**king evil.-30 is not fun opportunities are way lesser when compared to torronto, Montréal is very good I work with them,people are not very friendly to English speakers but don't give 2 f about your color. A lot of opportunities if you know french.

My 2 cents to fellow immigrants like me ,I observed something which really bothers me unfortunately it is the most among South Asian (Indian,Pakistan, srilanka....),please don't devalue your self in the pretext of integration ,criticizing your country is okay I do that I did that and I will do that also but there is a limit,
A line I heard from someone surprised me

"OH I am a canadian (he is a canadian by passport) I have only been to India twice in 10 years that is a fucked up nation,i am ashamed to say that I am from there"

"A Pakistani girl ,I hate my country because I cannot enjoy freedom"

"INDIAN :OH india is fucked up"

Noone says these countries are perfect, there are problems, Noone denies that canada is not perfect either.You are just being a laughing stock by demeaning where ever you are from.Treat yourself with dignity and respect people will do the same,there are values like integrity, honesty, kindness which are appreciated all over the world for that you don't have to compensate by demeaning your nation.i have seen people from warlord nation still they don't speak ill of their nation.

On that note unfortunately south Asians are people who are the rudest people I have met along with malpractice in business.This guys try to take advantage of you especially if you are a newcomer,unless I know the person or references I avoid south Asian businesses.

I have never seen people with this much of inferiority complex, you don't have to prove anything to anyone, just follow the rules and be kind and treat people in the way you want to be treated nothing more than that

I thought canada was same as usa but no there is a lot of differences.
First people here are closed minded ,you should consider yourself extremely lucky if you are meeting open minded people here ,racism is subtle, I can tell you when compared to canada I have never faced anything in states.
As I mentioned earlier system is set up to exploit you, so be careful when you come here.
Where ever you are from have a plan,expand your network, understand the culture, I understood why indians succeed on usa more than Canada because in a lot of things Americans are very open minded they care about results than your behavior canada it is not like that relationships and networking is everything.

Canada is a good country but I cannot see myself spending my entire life here mainly because of weather. With that happy new year and 2023 ,I am glad there are a lot of folks still hanging around even after getting pr.
Here's my theory. In USA, there are a lot less immigrants in proportion to its native population so non hispanic immigrants are barely noticed. Plus there's so many jobs available that its not a dog-eat-dog situation. If times were tough, I would ceratinly not want to be in the USA. Now in Canada, 25 to 30% are immigrants, its simply hard to ignore them. The native population (some) just don't want be around different cultures all the time and imo that's totally fair. It creates friction though

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If they resume draws in January, 489 may get ITA before March
Yes pharmacist, dunno it would be in demand or no
This new noc-based draws is so unknown!
The healthcare all over Canada is so bad ATM, some provinces started giving Pharmacists more prescriptive powers as well as the ability to see patients for minor issues. I think Pharmacists will be more in demand soon - if the mafia allows it.