+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ComingSoon91

Jun 5, 2019
Hello folks, I have a quick question and I hope someone can help.

I applied for PR and I got a request for additional documents (Payslips and bank statements for specific periods of time to show Salary Deposits), I submitted them. This week, I received a replacement request for my bank statement, the request has a highlighted section saying that the documents need to be translated to english.

My bank statements are almost in english for most relevant parts, but some small parts have english headers and some text in local language. Do I need to translate these 60 pages fully (costing hundreds of dollars) just for the sake of these irrelevant parts? The Salary Deposits are clear in the bank statement, maybe I can just add a description page at the beginning and point to which page each of the 6 deposits are.

Is there a way to ask the above classifying questions to CIC? I am not sure if the officer took their time to spot the deposits, or just the fact that they saw a paragraph on the first page in a different language made them ignore the rest of the document.

Thanks for the help :)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Although a lot of people curse BC a lot due to high living cost, taxes and overpriced home but what if you had good capital to buy a decent home and no affordability issues?
Its heaven then!

Taxes are not that much of a problem, biggest issue is very unidimensional job situation and extremely expensive housing.
If you are in Victoria, its all about tourism and small amount if IT thrown in.
If you are in Vancouver, it all about real estate with some bio tech and IT thrown in.
The economy is simply not diverse enough. Neither are high paying jobs.

Beautiful British Columbia is NOT a false advertisement. There is a reason why Victoria (capital of BC) is a retirement home for Canada's rich and Vancouver is a retirement home for Hong Kong's rich.

So yeah, stick to the "Bring Cash" principle and you will do just fine.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello folks, I have a quick question and I hope someone can help.

I applied for PR and I got a request for additional documents (Payslips and bank statements for specific periods of time to show Salary Deposits), I submitted them. This week, I received a replacement request for my bank statement, the request has a highlighted section saying that the documents need to be translated to english.

My bank statements are almost in english for most relevant parts, but some small parts have english headers and some text in local language. Do I need to translate these 60 pages fully (costing hundreds of dollars) just for the sake of these irrelevant parts? The Salary Deposits are clear in the bank statement, maybe I can just add a description page at the beginning and point to which page each of the 6 deposits are.

Is there a way to ask the above classifying questions to CIC? I am not sure if the officer took their time to spot the deposits, or just the fact that they saw a paragraph on the first page in a different language made them ignore the rest of the document.

Thanks for the help :)
Never faced this issue so hard to comment.

But just by common sense:

If they are headers and footers, try getting a quote from different translators. I am sure there will be some who will consider your situation and offer you a deal.

Also, consider this:

Imagine this translation costs you 1000 dollars (you mentioned 100s of dollars, I just cap it at 1000 dollars).
Is this amount lower than cost of answering PFL? (Lawyers in Canada cost 400 dollars an hour or more)
Is this amount lower than cost of judicial review? (JR costs several 1000 dollars).

I know its not a good situation but then its lesser evil of two.

Lastly, did you try asking your bank if they can provide a custom statement of account in purely english? May be at some fee? 100 dollars can be a decent money in many countries with lower conversion rate.

D

Deleted member 1083629

What's up gang? Congrats to @mushymush on getting his PR; the last one from the original 2020 gang, huh?

I am currently in Toronto and it is a mess in many ways. If government won't get involved in 2023 and try to fix the situation, the brain drain would become worse.

D

Deleted member 1083629

hmm... I was married even before I arrived in Canada so I have never really tried dating here. I saw my other friends try it and facing trouble. But you are right about woke BS that goes around here. I was once called by HR because I used the term "Blacklisting" in a presentation --like blacklisting ip addresses-- and lectured how we should use the phrase "Permitted List" and "Blocked List" because Blacklist is offensive to african community. God forbid if she added me in some kind of "Blocked List" somewhere.
LOOOOL. Have you had a conversation about not calling your root branch "master" in your repo because it's offensive? ))))

D

Deleted member 1083629

The healthcare all over Canada is so bad ATM, some provinces started giving Pharmacists more prescriptive powers as well as the ability to see patients for minor issues. I think Pharmacists will be more in demand soon - if the mafia allows it.
hold on. Didn't you contradict me couple of months ago when I said that the healthcare situation is bad? I remember you mentioning that your worst wait time was an hour.

Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1083629

So I landed back in December. IRCC keeps messing up. Why? Because something didn't update on their end (CBSA) and the next day when my wife and I went to get our SINs, surprise!!! She wasn't in the system. Had to go all the way back to airport, sit in a small room and wait for CBSA officer to force push her information to the server. Overall, 70$ (Uber) to get there, 2 hours waiting time and looking at people getting deported in handcuffs, 70$ (Uber) to get back, 40 minutes in the line for ServiceCanada.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
LOOOOL. Have you had a conversation about not calling your root branch "master" in your repo because it's offensive? ))))
Oh you have NO idea!
https://www.theserverside.com/feature/Why-GitHub-renamed-its-master-branch-to-main

The GitHub master branch is no more. Developers used to think it was untouchable, but that's not the case. Here's why GitHub made the switch from master branch to main branch.

For Whitney Sorenson, chief architect at HubSpot in Cambridge, Mass., the benefits of GitHub renaming the master branch to main far outweigh any temporary stumbling blocks. He said the change is part of a broader internal initiative to add inclusive language to the company's systems. His team is also replacing whitelist and blacklist with allowlist and blocklist.
We call ours "mainline" ... Go figure!

No more master. (There was no slave to begin with!)

I wonder if Mastercard will be renamed as Maincard in future!

And Master of Science will be renamed as Post Graduate Intermediate Degree in Science or PGIDSc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1083629

Oh you have NO idea!
https://www.theserverside.com/feature/Why-GitHub-renamed-its-master-branch-to-main

We call ours "mainline" ... Go figure!

No more master. (There was no slave to begin with!)

I wonder if Mastercard will be renamed as Maincard in future!

And Master of Science will be renamed as Post Graduate Intermediate Degree in Science or PGIDSc
Oh man. I had an interview with one of the "woke" companies. I didn't know how to explain how distributed systems work. Master-Slave is the only terminology I know. They told me in the beginning that they don't use those words lmaaaaaoo. I started saying head and driver node and just ended up confusing myself lmaoooo.

• Haha
Reactions: Yodm and wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Oh man. I had an interview with one of the "woke" companies. I didn't know how to explain how distributed systems work. Master-Slave is the only terminology I know. They told me in the beginning that they don't use those words lmaaaaaoo. I started saying head and driver node and just ended up confusing myself lmaoooo.
I dunno!
primary / backup? As in a failover cluster..
Or
Leader - "Non Leader"? As in a DHT cluster running election algorithm?

Reactions: Yodm
D

Deleted member 1083629

So, for those of you who are about to move to Canada and Toronto specifically:
  1. Don't move to Toronto
  2. See Step 1
On a more serious note:
  • Everything got way more expensive. The same chicken I used to buy for 11 bucks in 2020, costs 13$ now. Same brand, same weight
  • Rent control is removed on newer condos. So, if you sign a good deal, don't be happy. Your landlord can raise your rent by infinite amount
  • Getting a place is super hard. Landlords play auction who pays more. So, 2300 CAD for 1 bdr is not 2300 really. It's a starting price and whoever gives more will win.
  • Get all your medicines from your home country. There is a serious shortage of certain pills.
  • TTC is not safe anymore. Be very careful if you take public transportation, especially if you are a woman.
  • It's close to impossible to get a family doctor. I signed up for MRI. My appointment is in November 2023. Wait times are ridiculous right now.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Leader - "Non Leader"? As in a DHT cluster running election algorithm?
That's a good one. Why didn't I think about that? Got so used to calling that master-slave that I got lost when I was told not to use those terms.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That's a good one. Why didn't I think about that? Got so used to calling that master-slave that I got lost when I was told not to use those terms.
You are not alone. There is an entire set of patterns called "Master Slave" in engineering. It does not end in software. Its there in digital electronics (https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/sequential/seq_2.html). Its there in analog. Its there in mechanical engineering. Its there in control engineering. Every god damn where.

No one was offended by these terms till those who wanted to just take offence on these terms and turning a blind eye to real issues of minorities in west came along.

I mean I am fine if Canadians call me Desi or Brown or whatever term they use. IRCC JUST GOD DAMNED GIVE ME MY PR CARD DAMN IT!

Instead, IRCC moves slower than old people fluffing and canada is now busy teaching everyone to call us Non Black People of Color or some shit like that. FUCK YOU IRCC!

D

Deleted member 1083629

Where you gonna move to man, unfortunately all the good companies are around GTA.
Montreal has great tech. companies. Downside: you have to pick up French to function as a part of the society. Also, it's not French from France; it's Canadian French lol.