Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Montreal has great tech. companies. Downside: you have to pick up French to function as a part of the society. Also, it's not French from France; it's Canadian French lol.
I heard french complaining about it too. There is also cultural difference. Their legal system is different too, as in its not canadian common law. They do not love same things rest of canada does. Though I heard ladies there are gorgeous and openminded.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1083629

I heard french complaining about it too. There is also cultural difference. Their legal system is different too, as in its not canadian common law. They do not love same things rest of canada does. Though I heard ladies there are gorgeous and openminded.
It's all good. If I can make enough money to buy myself a decent place, then I can get used to everything else. Toronto is def. getting way too expensive for common folks.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hold on. Didn't you contradict me couple of months ago when I said that the healthcare situation is bad? I remember you mentioning that your worst wait time was an hour.
Yes I did and still do (I didn't say 1 hour wait time though :D), but remember that SK is not the whole of Canada.

Things have gotten worse overall since October with FLU and RSV infections in children which is made worse by the national shortage of medication, but it's still not so bad here in Regina: I had to take my son into ER 3 weeks ago cos he had a nosebleed that won't stop (and a viral infection which I wasn't aware of prior). The wait time was still manageable and he was seen, xrayed, scanned, given a barrage of tests and a diagnosis, all within 8 hours or so. The only hard part was that they wanted to airlift him to saskatoon to the children's hospital because the local one was overflowing, but the weather was so bad the helicopter could not fly.

The shortage of children's meds really shocked me (I never experienced this in my 3rd world country with counterfeit and fake meds :D) and I never expected this to happen in a country like Canada. That is some scary sh*t.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Yes I did and still do (I didn't say 1 hour wait time though :D), but remember that SK is not the whole of Canada.

Things have gotten worse overall since October with FLU and RSV infections in children which is made worse by the national shortage of medication, but it's still not so bad here in Regina: I had to take my son into ER 3 weeks ago cos he had a nosebleed that won't stop (and a viral infection which I wasn't aware of prior). The wait time was still manageable and he was seen, xrayed, scanned, given a barrage of tests and a diagnosis, all within 8 hours or so. The only hard part was that they wanted to airlift him to saskatoon to the children's hospital because the local one was overflowing, but the weather was so bad the helicopter could not fly.

The shortage of children's meds really shocked me (I never experienced this in my 3rd world country with counterfeit and fake meds :D) and I never expected this to happen in a country like Canada. That is some scary sh*t.
I see. So for folks that are about to move to Canada. You have 2 options: move to less populated province that have less jobs and lower salary but better healthcare system OR move to Ontario/BC and deal with ridiculous wait times for healthcare but generally higher salaries (rent will eat most of it though).

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I see. So for folks that are about to move to Canada. You have 2 options: move to less populated province that have less jobs and lower salary but better healthcare system OR move to Ontario/BC and deal with ridiculous wait times for healthcare but generally higher salaries (rent will eat most of it though).
OOORRRR.....
Live in a cheap province and work remotely for a company in OT, BC or even the US :cool: . This is what my husband did. I am going to do the same as soon as I finish my studies.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
D

Deleted member 1083629

OOORRRR.....
Live in a cheap province and work remotely for a company in OT, BC or even the US :cool: . This is what my husband did. I am going to do the same as soon as I finish my studies.
Possible but not every company will go for it.

However, that's definitely something I personally have been considering. Downside: SK is so boring (no offense). I can see the benefits of living in SK but JFC, it's so boring. Spent a week there for a conference.

Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Damn, my guy. That's very unusual. What do they say when you call them?
Ha Ha! The usual IRCC bullshit.

First they said they have shipped it and since it did not arrive, most likely they messed up the address or something.
Then they said put a solemn declaration. Did it in first week of Aug or so.

Then they said they are working on solemn decl recieved in Mid July. I mean hearing this since October.

I asked my M.P. to intervene. Here is his response... verbatim.

Oh, I see Mohammad. You think that IRCC operates logically. ;-}

Unfortunately, they are swimming in a sea of confusion, compounded by their corporate ineptitude and getting deeper every day it seems.
O Canada!

He said, for anything else he can move the sky and earth leaving IRCC...

You know, Canada right now for me is "You can flagpole anytime you please..... BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE" kind of situation.

Missed 3 conferences in EU, Japan and Singapore due to this BS over last two years or so ...

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Possible but not every company will go for it.

However, that's definitely something I personally have been considering. Downside: SK is so boring (no offense). I can see the benefits of living in SK but JFC, it's so boring. Spent a week there for a conference.
It's boring so no offence taken :). I'm ok with it though cos I'm a homebody and like @GandiBaat said, I came with my own Buddy (an entire brood actually :D)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1083629

Ha Ha! The usual IRCC bullshit.

First they said they have shipped it and since it did not arrive, most likely they messed up the address or something.
Then they said put a solemn declaration. Did it in first week of Aug or so.

Then they said they are working on solemn decl recieved in Mid July. I mean hearing this since October.

I asked my M.P. to intervene. Here is his response... verbatim.

O Canada!

He said, for anything else he can move the sky and earth leaving IRCC...

You know, Canada right now for me is "You can flagpole anytime you please..... BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE" kind of situation.

Missed 3 conferences in EU, Japan and Singapore due to this BS over last two years or so ...
Effing hell man. I have no idea why CBSA couldn't just print our PR cards when we do landing. What is the point of waiting for several months for the PR card when it's roughly 10-15 minute job to actually print it on the spot.

D

Deleted member 1083629

It's boring so no offence taken :). I'm ok with it though cos I'm a homebody and like @GandiBaat said, I came with my own Buddy (an entire brood actually :D)
Haha. I came with my wife but I am afraid if there is nothing to do our relationship might get boring pretty fast. If all we end up doing is work, home routine and no concerts, cool bars, urban exploration then I feel like it will affect our relationship.

D

Deleted member 1083629

So, for those of you who are about to move to Canada and Toronto specifically:
  1. Don't move to Toronto
  2. See Step 1
On a more serious note:
  • Everything got way more expensive. The same chicken I used to buy for 11 bucks in 2020, costs 13$ now. Same brand, same weight
  • Rent control is removed on newer condos. So, if you sign a good deal, don't be happy. Your landlord can raise your rent by infinite amount
  • Getting a place is super hard. Landlords play auction who pays more. So, 2300 CAD for 1 bdr is not 2300 really. It's a starting price and whoever gives more will win.
  • Get all your medicines from your home country. There is a serious shortage of certain pills.
  • TTC is not safe anymore. Be very careful if you take public transportation, especially if you are a woman.
  • It's close to impossible to get a family doctor. I signed up for MRI. My appointment is in November 2023. Wait times are ridiculous right now.
Forgot to mention one more thing:
  • Canada is entering the recession. Whether you are in tech or not doesn't matter too much. Getting a job will be tough. Better to stay back home for as long as you can or do the soft landing until things get better. It wasn't an option for me as I left Moscow in February 2022 and was borderline illegal in other countries and had to frequently move.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
OOORRRR.....
Wish I had a wise wife like you...

Mine gave me ultimatum : "Calgary or me"!