Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/02/immigration-canadas-backlog-stands-at-1-8-million-people-but-there-are-signs-of-improvement-0221864.html#gs.p0yh4t

IRCC now processing an average of 800 FSWP applications per week, compared with previous average of 150 per week

IRCC is beginning to process Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) applications at a higher rate.

In early December, CIC News reported that IRCC was finalizing an average of 600 applications per month. This is notable because the FSWP has been Canada’s main skilled worker immigration program since 1967 and as of June 2021, Canada had lifted travel restrictions on all immigrants, giving IRCC an added incentive in theory to begin to process more FSWP applications.

The reason, however, IRCC was processing such a small number of FSWP applications per month last year was so it could focus on landing as many in-Canada applicants as possible in support of its goal to land 401,000 immigrants in 2021.

The newest data now shows that IRCC is beginning to prioritize more FSWP applications as the FSWP inventory has fallen by nearly 4,800 persons since December.

This means over the past six weeks, IRCC has been processing an average of 800 FSWP applications per week, compared with its average of just 150 per week throughout most of 2021.

What may also give FSWP applicants more hope is that IRCC processing tends to slow in December due to the winter holidays. This suggests IRCC should be in better position to continue processing a higher rate of FSWP applications throughout 2022.

The backlog of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications is also down significantly which should not come as a surprise. It consisted of 48,225 persons in October and then fell to 24,675 persons in December. It now stands at about 15,100 persons which is a decline of over 9,500 persons since December.

This suggests that IRCC will erase the CEC inventory within the coming months. The low inventory of CEC applicants is a function of IRCC prioritizing their applications in 2021 to support its achievement of its 401,000 newcomer target. In addition, IRCC has temporarily paused Express Entry invitations to CEC candidates since September so it can reduce its inventory and improve its processing times for Express Entry applicants.

Minister Sean Fraser has repeatedly stressed the pause in Express Entry invitations to both CEC and FSWP candidates (which has existed since December 2020) is temporary and that invitations to them will resume once IRCC is more comfortable with the size of its inventory.

It is worth noting the primary sources of inventory growth among economic class applicants since December have come through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and Caregiver Program. The PNP inventory growth can be explained by both IRCC and the provinces and territories continuing to issue invitations to PNP candidates throughout the pandemic to support the economic needs of Canada’s regions. Express Entry invitations to PNP candidates continue to happen on a bi-weekly basis, usually on Wednesday, while the provinces continue to hold PNP draws in regular intervals, ranging from each week, to several times a month, to once every few months, depending on the province.

The growth in the Caregiver Program inventory can be explained by the reopening of two IRCC Caregiver pilot streams in January. The two streams accept up to 2,750 applications each and given their popularity, tend to fill up shortly after IRCC reopens the streams at the start of each year.
As I remember, Sean Fraser promised to finalize 147,000 PR applications by the end of March. If they continue processing of FSWP with 800 applications/week pace, it will be 800*13 weeks=10,400 applications. It's a very small amount, even given there are other classes like CEC, PNP, Family Class, etc.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
As I remember, Sean Fraser promised to finalize 147,000 PR applications by the end of March. If they continue processing of FSWP with 800 applications/week pace, it will be 800*13 weeks=10,400 applications. It's a very small amount, even given there are other classes like CEC, PNP, Family Class, etc.
Tommorrow, we will know answers for many questions. Sean tables immigration numbers and other priorities for this year in the parliament.

Reactions: ita_drgen

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
They will process 147000 spousal and parent sponsorship applications only because there is no actual need of skilled immigrants, it's all a hoax.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi and RSub

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/media-advisory-minister-fraser-available-to-media-regarding-immigration-levels-plan-827951997.html

OTTAWA, ON, Feb. 11, 2022 /CNW/ - The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship will be available to media following the tabling of the Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration in the House of Commons, including the 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan.

Date: Monday, February 14, 2022
Time: 15:45 p.m. ET
144 Wellington Street
Ottawa, Ontario
Notes for media:
Participation in the question and answer portion of this event is for accredited members of the Canadian Parliamentary Press Gallery only. Media who are not members of the Press Gallery may contact pressres2@parl.gc.ca to request temporary access. A teleconference line is also available for media who wish to listen to the event:

Dial-in numbers (listen-only):
Local: 613-954-9003
Toll-free: 1-866-206-0153
Passcode: 9988398#

SOURCE Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

For further information: For more information (media only): Aidan Strickland, Press Secretary, Minister's Office, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Aidan.Strickland@cic.gc.ca; Media Relations, Communications Branch, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, 613-952-1650, IRCC.COMMMediaRelations-RelationsmediasCOMM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Feb 13, 2022
Hi,

I have a question regarding NOC codes. I have worked as a Manufacturing, Industrial and Process Engineer in the US over last three years and I have a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering from US University. NOC code for the Mechanical engineer is 2132 and for Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer is 2141. My job duties partially falls under both NOC codes (about 50% in each category). My question is what NOC code I should use for my express entry application ? 2132 or 2141 ? What is the correct NOC code for the Process Engineer role (Manufacturing background) ?

Thank you.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
It will be all meaningless, just look at this tweet, mentioned everything except economic class processing. He will just announce some CEC and Family rubbish again.

This just seems like manipulation data to say they are working well. He just used data to make it pretty when presenting CEC which was already within 6 months average and then he states “new family class” which is basically what they are doing with PNP, where they focus on new apps and work on older ones when they can. FSW is screwed. Nothing they do will make the numbers prettier, since there are no new apps and all apps is at least a year old. PNP they are doing similar to family class, probably so they can present the numbers to provinces and pretend to be working.

Reactions: wonderbly

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
As part of pranit, rsub, stirretos oath ceremony we should put a few pieces of trash and ask them to sort it in blue, green and black bins. If they fail which they will in the first few tries then they should reapply.
Yeah you in 1 bin,Dkab in another and the marco in 3rd all 3 pick the your color

Reactions: RSub

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
This just seems like manipulation data to say they are working well. He just used data to make it pretty when presenting CEC which was already within 6 months average and then he states “new family class” which is basically what they are doing with PNP, where they focus on new apps and work on older ones when they can. FSW is screwed. Nothing they do will make the numbers prettier, since there are no new apps and all apps is at least a year old. PNP they are doing similar to family class, probably so they can present the numbers to provinces and pretend to be working.
So you are telling forget about 2022?

Reactions: RSub

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
So you are telling forget about 2022?
They seem to be processing FSW and PNP at same rate by immitracker, so fo now, I think we will land this year. But I really hope they don’t restart draws soon(nothing against pre-ITA), but from spousal and PNP, we know for sure they will prefer to finalize new apps in 6 months, no matter if there are older apps in backlog. This “new family class” on their folder, just to look pretty, while there are spousal apps waiting 3 years really tick me off.

Reactions: PRANIT01

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Putting aside all the speculations and other bs, which scenarios are more realistic in regards to CEC draws this year? My fellow CEC with CRS 451 is literally crying, his WP will get expired in July... and I don't know what to suggest.
Start with LMIA and try for PNP as well.