Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If we are to talk about job vacancies in Canada as a whole, we really need some statistics to show exactly how many people are/will retire in different sectors, especially in key governmental positions and later determine if immigration is the answer. Short term and long term. Also, one thing I need to note Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal don't represent Canada in the job market. If there is shortage of doctors in those cities doesnt mean Canada is in short supply of doctors everywhere. If you have 10,000 doctors retiring in British Columbia and you have 7,000 new licensed every year, you are not experiencing a crisis. It might appear short term, but not long term, because the job itself will change with time, and what it took two doctors to do 5 years ago, it might take only 1 today. See where I am going ?
Its a bit old data (2019), but here it is : http://occupations.esdc.gc.ca/sppc-cops/l.3bd.2t.1ilshtml@-eng.jsp?lid=29&fid=1&lang=en
25 occupations having shortage effecting 11% of total needed workforce. A lot of them are in Healthcare, as expected.

So, yes, it is well known that there is a massive shortage in some very critical occupations. See where I am coming from?

As to homes, I don't know about you, but the whole point of me immigrating is to have the Canadian dream and that includes a home with a 1.5 acre lot and possibly a park close by. Personally, I don't like and never will metropolitan areas, huge skyscrapers, thousands of people in an area of 100 square meters and so on. I am more of all inclusive cities, like Ottawa and the likes.

What I am trying to say is that, in order to give a solution, we need a through analysis of the problem, be that of immigration and housing.
I never knew that Canadian or any dream included a 1.5 acre lot :). However, even that is possible. Just not near cities. There is MASSIVE amount of land in places likes New Brunswick etc.

Housing analysis has been done to death over a long period of time.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8133853/canada-election-housing-crisis-explained/
https://www.policynote.ca/the-roots-of-our-housing-crisis-austerity-debt-and-extreme-speculation/

Like all policies, its not the lack of analysis that is the road block.

Last edited:
Reactions: dankboi

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Just bought my first French language book. Wish me luck:)
What’s your current CRS score.
mine will be 472 by July.
My IELTs is S:7; W:7; R:8,5; L8,5

I know people suggest to boost the score via English, but I am not sure it is even possible to up the score in speaking and writing by 0,5 at this level.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Its a bit old data (2019), but here it is : http://occupations.esdc.gc.ca/sppc-cops/l.3bd.2t.1ilshtml@-eng.jsp?lid=29&fid=1&lang=en
25 occupations having shortage effecting 11% of total needed workforce. A lot of them are in Healthcare, as expected.

So, yes, it is well known that there is a massive shortage in some very critical occupations. See where I am coming from?

I never knew that Canadian or any dream included a 1.5 acre lot :). However, even that is possible. Just not near cities. There is MASSIVE amount of land in places likes New Brunswick etc.

Housing analysis has been done to death over a long period of time.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8133853/canada-election-housing-crisis-explained/
https://www.policynote.ca/the-roots-of-our-housing-crisis-austerity-debt-and-extreme-speculation/

Like all policies, its not the lack of analysis that is the road block.
I need to have a look at these analysis regarding homes, out of curiosity and to learn more. I like the subject.

1.5 acre lot is not that much really and I am not expecting that in metropolitan areas.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021

I know people suggest to boost the score via English, but I am not sure it is even possible to up the score in speaking and writing by 0,5 at this level.
478, turning 30 and losing points in November.. Actually I have always loved French so I have this inner motivation to learn it besides it being useful for immigration purposes.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021

Got a 6,5 in writing, sent it back for reevaluation and I ended up with 7,5! Massive difference in CRS.

D

Deleted member 1006777

@mushymush please do you have any idea on the resources that @dayocanny used to ace the TEF in that short period? I really could use some tips. Thanks
Go through their post history. Around 2019 I think, I'm not sure. They made a long post with details of how they learned french from scratch.

Reactions: Yodm

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What time is the levels plan?
Its 10:40 currently in EST, they will be done by 3-4PM EST. Sean will take questions then.

Reactions: jerrinjose1991

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
If those cunts that buy residential property just for investment to rig the market and are the majority, why the fuck would I want to live there in the first place ? To be a modern slave ?

Its not to the Canadians to chose if their home will fall or increase in prices, its the market that decides that. Its very good for people to own homes and live in them and use them, the problem lies with the ones that are bought and not used, just stocked there.
yeah, unfortunately they found that housing is a safer investment that provides better profits and is almost always above inflation. Housing should never become investment, other than for rent(some people prefer to rent at first), but life is controlled by those with money unfortunately. I just hope that everyone who bought a home with variable rates gets screwed with increased interest. Variable rate is predatory lending, and have been told that is one of the reasons for the US crash.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The primary reason, is the interest rate. Every buffoon with a mediocre wage can get a huge mortgage loan thanks to the freaking, close to 0% interest rate from central banks, making holding money worthless, at least right now. They can keep increasing, who know whats going to happen in the next 5 years.
I used to think like you... Then I found that increasing the interest rate a little bit (so called stress test) did nothing to the problem. It is a part of the problem but not the root cause. Root cause is pure supply side issue.