+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Pasha1

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
I don't want to hate on these low skilled students from India. Have met many of them, especially Punjab people. They can't speak much English and aren't educated but they are humble and hardworking people, and almost too honest/timid (get exploited). And they are the guys to fill Warehouse, delivery, restaurant jobs which has a shortage. But their shortage shouldn't come at a cost to FSWs or high CECs that I have seen will create jobs and expand the economy on a greater scale.
Abs agreed.

D

Deleted member 994371

I don't want to hate on these low skilled students from India. Have met many of them, especially Punjab people. They can't speak much English and aren't educated but they are humble and hardworking people, and almost too honest (get exploited). And they are the guys to fill Warehouse, delivery, restaurant jobs which has a shortage. But their shortage shouldn't come at a cost to FSWs or high CECs that I have seen will create jobs and expand the economy on a greater scale.
Surprise, surprise. Even the ones who come in through less than ideal ways have to face the high cost of living. You might even say that they are more hardworking than the white-collar "high-skilled" people with Phds who like to judge people based on their skins from their ivory towers.

Reactions: dankboi

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As much as I know, Canada needs warm bodies right now... from where the hell the can get it, they will take it. I mean, if you have a massive land that is going to become warmer and warmer with each decade and you have biggest amount of fresh water on the planet, you will like to have an economy that goes with it. Having more people has its advantages. You need to raise an army? well, you need people. You need consumption? you need people.

As the things are right now, they are dependent on seasonal workers coming from all over the world to just harvest their crops. One of the big problems I heard during pandemic was a fear that they will not be able to get those workers to harvest produce.
The pandemic years should not be taken into account for the supply/demand of workers, because the government gave almost free money to the majority of working class and they had no incentive to work or find one for that matter, thats why you have a shortage of workers. Government made shortage.

Another thing, Canadians are pro immigration in general, but the problem is with Liberals, they dont know how to run it. You can take USA as an example too. Every state run by Democrats is bombarded with illegal immigration and those states are almost worthless to live. Take California and New York for example. If you are worth 10+ million, maybe its worth it.

I expect that the next election will be won by the Conservatives and they will limit drastically the immigration quotas or they will fix the system to only welcome workers that are needed and definitely implement a country quota.

Plus, I never expect Canada to reach 100 million by 2100. It will never happen. By 2050 oil extraction would have reached its peak perhaps and Canada will need to focus on other areas to maintain its wealth and that is not immigration. The more the technology advances, the less people you need to run. That simple.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Exactly. These people know exactly what they are doing. They are milking students by dangling the carrot of a better life in front of them by running the degree mills.

Same as Australia, UK, and other countries.

And here we are acting all high and mighty on who has the authority to migrate. I especially love how @ImpatientKangaroo acting like he has the authority to approve Indians. "Nah, mate. You can come to Canada even though I know you are Indian. You seem cool."
"You're not the authority" means you're skipping the fact that citizens determine authorities and if you read what I said, I said I'll vote for a party that promises country quota (if I ever become a citizen of Canada that is). Other than that I agree with what you said, people wanting to leave eastern countries do so to have a better life in western countries. Having too many easterners in western countries will turn western countries into the very countries eastern immigrants escaped. So it defeats the whole purpose of immigration for all immigrants but it sucks especially for eastern fellas because now they have to deal with the same nightmare they thought they'd escaped...

So in my opinion a firm country quota must be maintained. For all eastern immigrants 25% is a good ratio I think. That's for top notch STEM professionals from all the eastern countries.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Surprise, surprise. Even the ones who come in through less than ideal ways have to face the high cost of living. You might even say that they are more hardworking than the white-collar "high-skilled" people with Phds who like to judge people based on their skins from their ivory towers.
Yes mate, they probably do in terms of work and sweat. But this is an economic immigration system right. Your value is based on your economic output, the best indicator we have being salary. These guys reduce operating costs and wait times but high skilled EE increase GDP per capita of the country

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
The solution isn't in importing people like electronics or food, but to turn back and find out what went wrong to put the country in that in the first place and solve it. The effort that goes into accomodating foreign students should go into supporting and promoting young Canadian couples. This will never happen under a lib govt in power. A country quota might be on the table if Pierre Poilievre ever becomes the PM.
NoI don't believe that anything went wrong. Since the invention of the birth control pills couples have less children. I think the number of children before birth control pills was the "abnormal" because as it seems when couples can decide how many children to have they don't really want more than one or two. Maybe if birth control pills had existed back then couples wouldn't have had as many children as they did.
Having children is a huge risk from the perspective of a woman. The more children you have the more risk you take. Being a single parent is brutal, my partner's mom was a single parent, she is lucky that she decided to have only one child because she could barely make ends meet. Not to mention that the more children you have as a woman the more you skip work the less pension you will receive and nobody will compensate you while your husband can work like nothing has happened and he can accumulate his pension AND can have children. For the exact same reasons my upper limit is ONE child and no more.

Reactions: wonderbly
D

Deleted member 1050918

NoI don't believe that anything went wrong. Since the invention of the birth control pills couples have less children. I think the number of children before birth control pills was the "abnormal" because as it seems when couples can decide how many children to have they don't really want more than one or two. Maybe if birth control pills had existed back then couples wouldn't have had as many children as they did.
Having children is a huge risk from the perspective of a woman. The more children you have the more risk you take. Being a single parent is brutal, my partner's mom was a single parent, she is lucky that she decided to have only one child because she could barely make ends meet. Not to mention that the more children you have as a woman the more you skip work the less pension you will receive and nobody will compensate you while your husband can work like nothing has happened and he can accumulate his pension AND can have children. For the exact same reasons my upper limit is ONE child and no more.
All valid points. And I think western govts should work and allocate huge amounts of resources exactly for these issues. Parents should never feel alone in all this so they can feel they're supported and it'll be easier for them to raise more children with the direct support from the govt.

But instead lib govts play it lazy and import foreign people like goods. High skilled foreign nationals should indeed be invited but it's clear the current solution is the lazy solution. No country needs millions of immigrants, unless the govt is lazy.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I’m against that country caps stuff, because it will just simply benefit lower CRS people, with not much gain. I feel NOC based selection with an organization who is in charge of researching shortages for targeted immigration and education. Something a bit more general so it doesn’t harm PNP. If more Indians end up going in to that field so they can immigrate, so be it. Usually people who goes through great lengths like this, are easier to adapt, so they would integrate Better to the host country’s culture.

MinaaySangha

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
Hello, I have just received an email requesting IMM5406 and schedule A. Can someone @legalfalcon or anyone else who can help please advise me where to find these updated forms. I am also 8 months pregnant so will not be able to fly once COPR is issued, however would anyone suggest adding a letter to state I am pregnant and will add on baby along with other documents once baby is here? Or should I go ahead and do the above forms for my husband and myself.
FSW Outland
London VO
AOR October 2020
Been a brutal wait as it has been for everyone but receiving the email this morning has lifted me! Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 994371

So in my opinion a firm country quota must be maintained. For all eastern immigrants 25% is a good ratio I think. That's for top notch STEM professionals from all the eastern countries.
Pray tell, what do you think the golden ratio be? Who do you want to fill the other 75% with?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Pray tell, what do you think the golden ratio be? Who do you want to fill the other 75% with?
Doesn't matter who. 25/75 was something straight outa my ass really. But you know, whatever X number of immigrants you have in a year, I believe eastern fellows must cap at around 1/4th maybe 1/3rd. This will pull the immigration numbers down which is THE goal. Instead of importing foreign nationals, govts should look to strengthen their own nations with direct support.

There are thousands of very bright, honest and hardworking people in eastern countries and I don't see why western countries shouldn't benefit from such talent. All I'm saying is the current immigration policies are fundamentally flawed. Too many easterns in the west will turn the west into the east which defeats the purpose of immigration in the first place. Let me assure you, eastern fellas would object to that first. They worked so hard to escape the east. The west is not the east because westerners live in the west.

D

Deleted member 994371

Doesn't matter who. 25/75 was something straight outa my ass really. But you know, whatever X number of immigrants you have in a year, I believe eastern fellows must cap at around 1/4th maybe 1/3rd. This will pull the immigration numbers down which is THE goal. Instead of importing foreign nationals, govts should look to strengthen their own nations with direct support.

There are thousands of very bright, honest and hardworking people in eastern countries and I don't see why western countries shouldn't benefit from such talent. All I'm saying is the current immigration policies are fundamentally flawed. Too many easterns in the west will turn the west into the east which defeats the purpose of immigration in the first place. Let me assure you, eastern fellas would object to that first. They worked so hard to escape the east. The west is not the east because westerners live in the west.

Turns out you aren't the first white person to think of 1/4th Indians thing. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of your people's book.

The Population Registration Act, 1950 classified all South Africans into one of four racial groups based on appearance, known ancestry, socioeconomic status, and cultural lifestyle: "Black", "White", "Coloured", and "Indian", the last two of which included several sub-classifications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid

You know, I was on the fence on the whole Indians hating thing. If this is what I have to look forward to when I reach over there, I am glad Indians are swarming Canada. If left to your own devices you people are only capable of thinking of things like apartheid. And you know what, I root for those crossing the border and getting in illegally.

By hook or crook, we will take what we want.

#BrownLivesMatter

D

Deleted member 1050918

Turns out you aren't the first white person to think of 1/4th Indians thing. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of your people's book.

The Population Registration Act, 1950 classified all South Africans into one of four racial groups based on appearance, known ancestry, socioeconomic status, and cultural lifestyle: "Black", "White", "Coloured", and "Indian", the last two of which included several sub-classifications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid

You know, I was on the fence on the whole Indians hating thing. If this is what I have to look forward to when I reach over there, I am glad Indians are swarming Canada. If left to your own devices you people are only capable of thinking of things like apartheid. And you know what, I root for those crossing the border and getting in illegally.

By hook or crook, we will take what we want.

#BrownLivesMatter
Eh, as I said this is counterproductive for people escaping their countries. Too many of those people in any western country and that country will turn into the place they escaped. So I wouldn't say "you will take what you want", quite the contrary you'll find yourself in the same nightmare you thought you escaped. So there's no hating on anybody, it's just about balance. Worst case scenario there'll be white neighborhoods where easterners aren't welcome and you'll just be living in India in North America. No difference, no gain.

Now the above is only the immigrants' part of the story. The western societies are turning louder and louder everyday too so one would be naive to think there won't be retaliation. Those truckers aren't out there just because they don't wanna get vaccinated. You don't put up a confederate flag to say you don't want the mandatory vaccine. They are trying to say what I've been trying to explain. You went quite extreme with the whole illegal trespassing thing but I'm just saying that missing the balance will lead to retaliation.

Also I'm not sure why the color of one's skin keeps coming up in this discussion; it has nothing to do with it. Take the whitest look you can find, you know like full blonde with colored eyes and pale skin, copy that physical body to an Indian/Chinese/Eastern person and the westerners will still feel the same because the talk is about culture, not one's skin color. Too many blonde-haired colored-eyed easterners taking Canada and all its values down is what's going to happen if you let in too many of those white-looking easterners. Did you know that middle easterners are considered white in some scenarios? Go look at middle eastern people, they're pretty white. Westerners' opinion on them are the same as it is on any other easterner. Too many of them in the same place and that place is bound to turn sour.

Last edited by a moderator: