+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
No need to ban anyone, there are many bright minds wanting to move from India/China to Canada. Why lose out on those people? But balance is crucial or it's only permanent failure of hard earned western values that awaits. Solution is simple: country quota.

I do understand country quota means less immigrants coming in because most prospective immigrants are Chinese/Indian. The solution to this second problem is in investigating why Canadians/westerners lost their interest in forming larger families.
Say India or China split up into multiple countries or the EU becomes one country and nothing else changes, would you then want quotas on racial lines?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
right now Canada is trying to increase the population with people who will breed more children. so bringing a quota now is useless I'd assume. When they feel that their country has attained some population then the thought arises of bringing quotas like the US did,
Their goal of 100 million people by 2100 will take them pretty long time. By then, I do not know who world will change. Population growth is slowing in India as well or have just reached replacement levels.

Reactions: RSub

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Everything. Why don't you wanna live in India? And maybe you don't mind living in India but I sure as hell do; otherwise I'd have immigrated to India and not Canada. Country quota is a must.
Even if they did open up canada to entire india, what would they do over here? Most likely the expensive rents and cost of living means they would freeze to death. A few it folks will manage jobs but vast majority won't and will find conditions much worse than India where they can eat a full meal for 10 cents and can sleep under a tree.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
SK and NK are culturally very different. It has to do with culture.
The change happened after so many years of isolation. They started out as EXACTLY same people. Exactly same people under different political system can certainly have extremely different outcomes.

Bring so many Chinese/Indian people into Canada and the same will happen to Canada.
Well, there has been big immigration of Indians in UK. They are among the most educated and wealthiest ethnicity in UK. I highly doubt UK has turned out bad at all.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Say India or China split up into multiple countries or the EU becomes one country and nothing else changes, would you then want quotas on racial lines?
i asked my finnish ex if she wants to come to england, even helped find a job at a kindergarten near my apartment, yet she said "why should i leave my peaceful island with fresh air /water and good pay, for a busy city, you come here" hehe i can't survive without some sunlight on my head

most nordics and balkans are happy with their country's systems. They would've never thought of moving anywhere to the North America

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think the answer is obvious but anyway; the answer is culture. Western countries are developed countries established by westerners and their culture and values like freedom, opportunity, adventure. East lacks most of these values and that's why most eastern countries are underdeveloped whose people want to move out and go live in western countries.
Is there really a common western culture? I doubt that. Heck even within USA, differences are stark. Lets not even get started with former soviet nations and US. Culture of a Russian has very little in common with that of an American. Perhaps only thing common is christianity but even that is stretching it. Heck, many europeans do not even speak the same language as the Canadian or Americans do. I doubt culture of eastern europeans is same as that of Canada. Folks from western europe are not too much interested in coming to Canada in sufficient numbers.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo
D

Deleted member 1050918

The change happened after so many years of isolation. They started out as EXACTLY same people. Exactly same people under different political system can certainly have extremely different outcomes.
Nah man, I have to disagree. There's always a reason why the things happened happened and the reason in Korea's case is potential to realize what happened and the potential came from cultural differences. But I see your point.

Well, there has been big immigration of Indians in UK. They are among the most educated and wealthiest ethnicity in UK. I highly doubt UK has turned out bad at all.
True, UK is doing very good financially. Hard working immigrants found the right base they can build upon, nobody can argue that. I don't think UK has an alarming level of eastern immigrants overall (except London lol it's not the UK anymore). However, you also gotta go and ask the natives (in your case, British people) how they feel about it culturally (and not financially). Hard working or not, western people will not want to accept a number of eastern immigrants that'd break the balance.

Is there really a common western culture? I doubt that. Heck even within USA, differences are stark. Lets not even get started with former soviet nations and US. Culture of a Russian has very little in common with that of an American. Perhaps only thing common is christianity but even that is stretching it. Heck, many europeans do not even speak the same language as the Canadian or Americans do. I doubt culture of eastern europeans is same as that of Canada. Folks from western europe are not too much interested in coming to Canada in sufficient numbers.
Yeah I mean when I say "common" I don't mean anything like there's a 50%+ overlap between all western culture but, it's a bit difficult to explain perhaps, there are many "fundamental" values westerners share so they have easy time not hating each other to death. With easterners it's much easier for us to find something to hate. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Nah man, I have to disagree. There's always a reason why the things happened happened and the reason in Korea's case is potential to realize what happened and the potential came from cultural differences. But I see your point.
It had more to do with which part of Korea came under influence of which power... South was under American influence and a capitalistic economy. North is till date a Soviet era system frozen in time. Biggest difference come from there.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
However, you also gotta go and ask the natives (in your case, British people) how they feel about it culturally (and not financially). Hard working or not, western people will not want to accept a number of eastern immigrants that'd break the balance.
Well, here is what natives of UK really want : "Come, spend money and study here or work here, pay massive rent, pay taxes, don't have children here and when you grow old go back to your country, do not burden my NHS!". Naturally, no sane person will agree to that. You have to sweeten the deal somehow or pay massive premium. Naturally, paying premium was never the playbook of UK -- that is of middle east.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Folks from western europe are not too much interested in coming to Canada in sufficient numbers. This true.
i asked my british boss to give me reference letters so i can move to canada, his face was like dude defaq man! for a sec i felt like i am making a mistake
He suggested me to move to the US since their family got some firms and i can transfer to their location. I am afraid of gunshots tho
i talked to a British woman here in the forum, the reason why she was looking for pr options was she wants to move as she's got the divorce now and wants a change in location and a new life.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Everything. Why don't you wanna live in India? And maybe you don't mind living in India but I sure as hell do; otherwise I'd have immigrated to India and not Canada. Country quota is a must.
I can clarify your doubt, brother.

In one year alone in India, 1.5 million engineers graduate. You read it right, 1.5 million per year. There is a joke in South India. If you throw a stone on a crowd, it lands on an Engineer's head all the time. The total number of doctors in India is close to 2 million. Our youth population is more than 280 million. Our school going kids population is more than 250 million. How many times have your doctor, dentist, manager, co-worker, random guy on a street been an Indian in the city you live in?

India doesn't have jobs for all of us or we are not getting enough pay. When I started my first job in India, I earned $300 per month. In my first job in the US, I earned $200 per day. So, yes, we will move around the world for opportunities. Don't forget, India has the highest number of English speakers (not native) than the US. I think this is where we score more than Chinese otherwise the numbers I mentioned do apply for Chinese too. The world cannot shut Indians or Chinese. You may ask why the US has a limit on GC? Well, it's the US, we go there no matter what. Our lifestyle doesn't change even if we move to other countries. Indians start families (99.99% of Indians get married) in their twenties. We have kids. We buy houses. We live in a big family. We invest. We save. We do everything that contributes to an Economy. The Government of Canada or other countries know who is contributing to the economy and I believe they are at a better place to decide who to let in.