+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Okay real talk, i want people in this thread to REALLY understand that media appearances, especially by politicians, are often very controlled.

On the one hand, you have a spokesperson who is using the opportunity to deliver prepared messaging, a lot of which will speak in generalities, and from a high level perspective.

On the other, you have media that, often, are benefitting from having a high visibility spokesperson on their show/ broadcast/ podcast/ whatever via increased impressions, watch time and downloads. It is, mostly symbiotic.

Every so often, you'll get some media who really go after a soundbite or headline, or grill the spokesperson outside of prepared questions and talking points. They are however, few and far between, and usually of an investigative nature.

I think it is worth some of you managing your expectations whenever this guy (or future Immigration Ministers) do media appearances. It is highly unlikely they will mention FSW by name, unless pressed by whoever is "interviewing" them.

The Immigrations Levels Plan 2022-2024 is due to be announced by February 11, 2022 at the latest. That is via an owned channel that the Government can control. His real work (at least via KPIs that he and his departments can be measured against) start after that date. All he's doing now is a "press tour" to raise his profile, and bolster connections within the media landscape (which I should add is part of his job as a Minister)

mornaz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
From the interview, I surmize:
1. Immigration targets will be increased to accomodate tr2pr
2. Demand will be capped for express entry. As he emphasizes this on two occasions. So no draws.
3. Hoping that throwing more money to processing will normalize pr backlog by mid 2022

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Was a part of a bigger question, if I am not mistaken. He started talking about one thing and then progressed into that.
Shit, that means it’s in his mind already. Canadian immigration moving towards the opposite of what it’s intention. Federal program for the useless and skilled workers having to run in search of a PNP.

Reactions: GaryChapman VP
D

Deleted member 1050918

Size comparison:

Libtard dumbasses: 8===D
Sub CRS400 CEC retards: 8=D
Hard working FSW fellows: 8=============D (sadly they still lose to libtards because they're in power)

PNP master race: 8===============G==O==T=====Y==O====B==I==T==C==H=====M==A==T==E=========D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dankboi
M

MayorGrom

Shit, that means it’s in his mind already. Canadian immigration moving towards the opposite of what it’s intention. Federal program for the useless and skilled workers having to run in search of a PNP.
It sucks to realize that. My points (too high for PNP) will not allow me to reapply if my application gets rejected. I always thought that the hard work I have put in throughout the years would guarantee that even if my app is rejected, I could reapply.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Okay real talk, i want people in this thread to REALLY understand that media appearances, especially by politicians, are often very controlled.

On the one hand, you have a spokesperson who is using the opportunity to deliver prepared messaging, a lot of which will speak in generalities, and from a high level perspective.

On the other, you have media that, often, are benefitting from having a high visibility spokesperson on their show/ broadcast/ podcast/ whatever via increased impressions, watch time and downloads. It is, mostly symbiotic.

Every so often, you'll get some media who really go after a soundbite or headline, or grill the spokesperson outside of prepared questions and talking points. They are however, few and far between, and usually of an investigative nature.

I think it is worth some of you managing your expectations whenever this guy (or future Immigration Ministers) do media appearances. It is highly unlikely they will mention FSW by name, unless pressed by whoever is "interviewing" them.

The Immigrations Levels Plan 2022-2024 is due to be announced by February 11, 2022 at the latest. That is via an owned channel that the Government can control. His real work (at least via KPIs that he and his departments can be measured against) start after that date. All he's doing now is a "press tour" to raise his profile, and bolster connections within the media landscape (which I should add is part of his job as a Minister)
Yeah, talk is easy. The actions will indicate where his priorities lie. Either that or leaked documents

Reactions: EscoBlades
M

MayorGrom

Yeah, talk is easy. The actions will indicate where his priorities lie. Either that or leaked documents
We can't even rely on leaked documents. They are heavily redacted and come with a delay. Will FSW really increase to 36 months? Who knows because there was a mandate letter saying reduce backlogs.

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Summary of Sean Fraser's radio appearance
  • Canada needs more immigration
  • 411,000 is the baseline number for 2022 - high chance of increase of numbers
  • Wants to decrease time to get work permits (targeted towards temporary foreign workers)
  • LMIA exploitation solution - provided no real solution
  • Family sponsorship issue - no realistic solution now and in future. Demand is too high for numbers allocated
  • Future pathways for inland workers with poor english are being explored
  • Hiring has been continuously increased but demand (for Canadian immigration) is outstripping supply
  • Exploring options for undocumented workers
"Exploring" in Canadian means thanks for suggestion, might not happen
I think this is PR stunt to calm things down after Tuesday Kubeir streaming. First two points explains they aware about of the problem and and they looking into it. I think we will see at least CEC draw soon. FSW is distance dream for sure. Here, they trying to fix current problem but this will not be in future, they still need people to get attracted to CAnada and TR 2 PR is what people attracted too. CEC should not be concern in 2022.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
This whole episode has been hard to swallow but has finally opened by eyes about making up false realities in our heads.

1. Lets me honest, FSWs are not that important, to anyone. Those of us who believes that Canada is "doomed" if they dont admit "high skilled" people like us is making up stuff. Think logically, what is Canada really missing out on? Bad PR will cause "high skilled" people to go elsewhere? Even if IRCC were concerned about it (which they most definitely are not), all they would have to do it come and hang out in this thread to realize how desperate we are to get there, no matter how much they abuse and mistreat us.

2. There is not going to be a firestorm in Canada once the public find out about whats going on with IRCC. We are living in this reality so we get outraged. But, if you were to ask 10 Canadians on the street about IRCC and express entry, how many do you think will even know the details? As a test, think about how much you know about PR/visa/immigration processes in your own country. Do you know anything about how to get a visa, what are the different classes of visas? What are the requirements? Living in the US, I can tell you 90% of Americans have no idea about visas and immigration procedures(Illegal immigration is different)

3. If you are to get a PR, are you really going to carry over the grudge and make IRCC/liberals pay? Really? Think about it for a while. Reality is you are probably going to move on to the hundred other issues you have to deal with. Thinking that once you get your PR, your life will be all set is kidding yourself. Those of us who are Indian can relate to how our parents and society tricked us into this thinking in 11th/12th. "Study and sacrifice now for 2 years, and you will be all set once you get into a good college". We all did that only to realise that getting into a college was no heaven and we had to deal with a whole other set of problems.

4. I guarantee you the minute you get your PR and land, you will stop giving 2 shits about IRCC. Same happened with me, a while back USCIS (USAs IRCC) was playing with our lives in issuing H1Bs. It was outrageous all the games they were playing with us. I was on a telegram group and everyone on there was swearing by how they will sue and get back USCIS once this ordeal is over. Reality : Minute they got their H1Bs approved, most people exit the group, all talk of sueing stopped and nobody was ready to pay even the meagre $400 to start a class action lawsuit.

I think they best way to handle this situation, is to first stop viewing the situation from our eyes and start viewing it impartially.
Responses welcome, please don't abuse.
If I want progressive policy, I’ll go NDP 100%

Reactions: dankboi