Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
If you have filed your application under FSW there are two different factors to keep in mind for the eligibility.

The CRS; and
MEC

For the CRS you get highest points for 3+ years of work ex.
For MEC (FSW) you get max points for 6+ years of work ex.

You have to meet the CRS and MEC to qualify - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

As regards your primary NOC, you have to have at least one full year of work ex to qualify under FSW. You can combine different NOCs to get those points. However, when deciding you primary NOC, you can pick anyone, as long as you have one full year of work ex in that specific NOC.

The status updates such as IP1, IP2 and NA are just indicative of progress in your application and based on speculation. To be sure if you have cleared "passed" eligibility the only sure shot way is through GCMS notes.
Thanks as always legalfalcon, your answers are so precise and reassuring

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
My BGC is in NA2 since 7th July. No movement in BGC status since then :(
Timeline are as follows:
AOR - 5th June 2017
Medical Passed - 7th July
IP1--> NA - 7th July
RFRF - 27th July
Nothing to worry Mugsi. I share almost similar timeline. Good thing you have already received Rprf, so you seem to be almost there.

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
[QUOTE="Amdya, post: 6228290, member: 589840"
So should I upload one document with the FBI clearance on top and also attach a letter of explanation citing the additional translated document under that?[/QUOTE]

Upload your FBI clearance in the provided slot, and raise a CSE for any other document you wish to send.

Reactions: Amdya

Mugsi

Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Nothing to worry Mugsi. I share almost similar timeline. Good thing you have already received Rprf, so you seem to be almost there.
Thanks for the calming words @Scorpman21...Let's hope for a speedy PPR.
Have you paid RPRF or waiting for the request .

Reactions: Scorpman21

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Have you paid RPRF or waiting for the request .
Hoping for the same. But patience is giving up, as more and more similar & later AOR's are moving on to Ip2. I made the mistake of paying Rprf upfront, atleast on receiving the request to pay I would have had an assurance that all is well with my file. So, few more nervous days for me ahead:D.

Reactions: Mugsi

richard83

Mar 4, 2017
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Hi everyone, a question for those who received the PPRs please.

Does the PPR request specifically mention the Passport Numbers of applicants. I am in the process of replacing my daughter's damaged passport and by the looks of it, there is a chance that I could get the PPR prior to receipt of the new passport.

I cant raise a CSE till I have the new passport in hand.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, a question for those who received the PPRs please.

Does the PPR request specifically mention the Passport Numbers of applicants. I am in the process of replacing my daughter's damaged passport and by the looks of it, there is a chance that I could get the PPR prior to receipt of the new passport.

I cant raise a CSE till I have the new passport in hand.
If you renew the passport, you have to raise a CSE and send the scan copies of the passport. Your application has passport numbers you sent earlier and the visa will only be issued on the same passports, unless you have them updated.

Reactions: Scorpman21

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
@ gurik
@KiranK

If you have 8-9 years of experience in two diff NOC and the express entry profile gives u points for 3+ years in one NOC. So is this mandatory that your 3+ exp has to be your primary NOC. Because as per my understanding primary noc is relevant for pnp nominations and job bank only.

Secondly how can we come to know we have cleared eligibility while being in NA 2
legalfalcon has replied perfectly here. You can chose any as your primary NOC as long as you fulfil the FSW condition. Apart from PNP your FSW points are also based on primary NOC i.e 67/100. As long as the condition is clear, you can choose either, no effect.
Regarding eligibility passed the best and sure way is to order GCMS. Also it takes 30 days for GCMS to arrive, if you want a more quick option try calling them, be crafty and ask for details like eligibility check etc. Most candidates have received successful specific updates by talking to an agent. You will have to wait for Canadian Monday to do that.
Also from latest GCMS data it has been found that eligibility is mostly done after IP1 and at NA2 stage, so it must be either going on or close to completion, this is all speculation though. Exact way to know is either through GCMS or calling them.

richard83

Mar 4, 2017
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
If you renew the passport, you have to raise a CSE and send the scan copies of the passport. Your application has passport numbers you sent earlier and the visa will only be issued on the same passports, unless you have them updated.
Thanks for the reply. But the issue is that I dont have the new passport in hand yet .

If the PPR comes before I can raise the CSE, then will I have to co-ordinate with local VO or CPC.

I dont suppose there is any merit in sending them a CSE advicing of the impending passport updation , would you.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@ gurik
@KiranK

If you have 8-9 years of experience in two diff NOC and the express entry profile gives u points for 3+ years in one NOC. So is this mandatory that your 3+ exp has to be your primary NOC. Because as per my understanding primary noc is relevant for pnp nominations and job bank only.

Secondly how can we come to know we have cleared eligibility while being in NA 2
@legalfalcon and @gurik have given perfect replies.
You are good to go mate. As for eligibility your only two options to know actual and exact status is GCMS notes, as you are from outside Canada check this link to order- https://www.getgcms.com/. They arrive in 30-40 days, another is to call CIC. Use this number, 1-613-944-4000 (If you are from outside Canada)
Calling hours to speak to an agent, Monday to Friday 8AM to 4PM, Canadian time.
You will have to extract information out of them, sometimes people ask , "what is status of my application" they give a vague answer, if this happens ask specifically that, "has my eligibility check done" or like, "what is the status of my criminality check" etc.
All the best.:)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply. But the issue is that I dont have the new passport in hand yet .

If the PPR comes before I can raise the CSE, then will I have to co-ordinate with local VO or CPC.

I dont suppose there is any merit in sending them a CSE advicing of the impending passport updation , would you.
If the PPR comes, while your passport application for renewal is pending you can send them an email and request for extension. Another applicant had a similar issue and email IRCC after the PPR, as he lost his passport and requested for an extension until he got a new passport. He got the following reply from IRCC:

"Thank you for your email. As you will need to renew your passport, you can request for an extension to submit your passport and requested documents for finalization. Please note that you will have to email us a scanned copy of the new passport first so that we may update your passport information before you submit your documents at the VAC in [CITY]. You can attach it to this same email.

Please confirm through this same email if you require an extension to submit your documents."

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
My BGC is in NA2 since 7th July. No movement in BGC status since then :(

Timeline are as follows:
AOR - 5th June 2017
Medical Passed - 7th July
IP1--> NA - 7th July
RFRF - 27th July
How you know that your VO is Ottawa. In the mails i have received, there is no mention of VO? from where can i check?

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
How you know that your VO is Ottawa. In the mails i have received, there is no mention of VO? from where can i check?
Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Best regards

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
legalfalcon has replied perfectly here. You can chose any as your primary NOC as long as you fulfil the FSW condition. Apart from PNP your FSW points are also based on primary NOC i.e 67/100. As long as the condition is clear, you can choose either, no effect.
Regarding eligibility passed the best and sure way is to order GCMS. Also it takes 30 days for GCMS to arrive, if you want a more quick option try calling them, be crafty and ask for details like eligibility check etc. Most candidates have received successful specific updates by talking to an agent. You will have to wait for Canadian Monday to do that.
Also from latest GCMS data it has been found that eligibility is mostly done after IP1 and at NA2 stage, so it must be either going on or close to completion, this is all speculation though. Exact way to know is either through GCMS or calling them.
But i have read on many posts that calling them to much might create trouble