+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I don't know about negative effect as such (though i don't think it will have), but I have read that sometimes some agent get pretty mad if they discover you are calling from outside of Canada, as their number is set block calls from outside, but people somehow get through by adding prefixes (like +1 in India). Some are really nice and give the info. I have never called though, but this what I have read on majority of threads.
I dont think that calling from outside canada is a problem first time to hear that

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
This is exactly our story with David Cohen in 2015. We stayed forever in that pool until the profile expired. Never again, now rolling solo with info from as much immi groups we can find. And we have submitted our e-apr.
That's sad , I thought a Man running this forum and helping so many individuals to connect and share free of cost, must be a good one. Disappointed to know.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I dont think that calling from outside canada is a problem first time to hear that
I don't know, like i said I read it from some people on forum over here. Maybe those people were mistaken or something, I have no personal experience here. Just "he said and she said". Not reliable much so, was just sharing.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
I don't know, like i said I read it from some people on forum over here. Maybe those people were mistaken or something, I have no personal experience here. Just "he said and she said". Not reliable much so, was just sharing.
I believe you all remeber that I had my friend conference me with IRCC. So when the agent asked me my present address to confirm my identity , she was really surprised to see that I was calling from India. She was not rude/angry just surprised.

Its not difficult to believe that some of them might get angry when they hear that someone is calling from outside Canada.

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I believe you all remeber that I had my friend conference me with IRCC. So when the agent asked me my present address to confirm my identity , she was really surprised to see that I was calling from India. She was not rude/angry just surprised.

Its not difficult to believe that some of them might get angry when they hear that someone is calling from outside Canada.
That's what I was saying that i have read that they have blocked calls outside Canada, so hence the agent might have been surprised maybe, let's get inputs from others who have called from outside Canada.

Theone1988

Mar 7, 2017
Hi guys, I have a question pre-AOR if you can help.

I am trying to close the personal history section but I keep getting the same error message. I am 100% sure I left no gap and I went back 10 years.

Error Description: Personal activities:
You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.

Did someone had the same issue?

rkuma145

Mar 22, 2017
Dear Forum Members,

Please can you advise if my status is IP1 or IP2 presently,my BGV status is NA it was earlier Your application is in progress,we will send a message when BGV will be started (the words may not mirror 100%)

Below is my timeline
Stream : FSWO
ITA : 05th April
AOR: 01st May
Medicals Passed :22nd June
Current BGV Status : NA

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Dear Forum Members,

Please can you advise if my status is IP1 or IP2 presently,my BGV status is NA it was earlier Your application is in progress,we will send a message when BGV will be started (the words may not mirror 100%),also please send the watsapp link
Below is my timeline
ITA : 05th April
AOR: 01st May
Medicals Passed :22nd June
Current BGV Status : NA

Thanks in advance.
It was IP1. No whatsapp group here., you can remove your number here, if you wish.
Keep updating here.:) also check below post for understanding stages of application.

When your background changes from "not applicable" to in progress for the very first time (usually around your medicals pass) it is IP1. You will receive no e-mail notification for this (or mostly any change in background at any stage) and the only way to check this is by checking your account for updates as sometimes it very quickly changes back to "not applicable" and is missed by applicants.
Please read following for details.

Stages- AOR>Meds pass>IP1>NA (Not applicable)>Ip2>PPR.

IP1 refers to in progress 1 i.e when your background goes in progress for the first time. This stage your R10 check (completeness of documents is checked). It happens simultaneously with the medicals and both are independent of each other. They both generally get updated at the same time in your file give or take few days. So after your meds pass it will be around the corner..

After R10 is complete your BGC will change to NA. After this your eligibility and criminality will be checked, if all is okay file will be transferred to LVO or CPC. Then comes IP2.

IP2 refers to in progress 2 i.e when your background goes in progress for the 2nd time. This happens generally after 10-35 days from NA Stage. Here your file is finalised for eligibility, security and criminality and PPR is generally issued after 2-15 days from this stage, if all goes well of course.

Note- timelines vary for different applicants as each case is unique and processed differently from other, these timelines have been deduced based on the current trends for normal average cases (FSW-O).

Reactions: gurik and rkuma145

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi guys, I have a question pre-AOR if you can help.

I am trying to close the personal history section but I keep getting the same error message. I am 100% sure I left no gap and I went back 10 years.

Error Description: Personal activities:
You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.

Did someone had the same issue?
The dates look continuous. Now, I can't remember the exact guidance on the form, but did it not specify 'history for the last ten years, or since your 18th birthday, whichever is the earliest/latest'? I wonder if that explains it - you've gone further than 10 years prior (presumably to your birthday).

Check any ? symbol on that page and make sure there isn't an extra detail you're not following.

Hopefully that helps...

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
@legalfalcon
@johnsyk @KiranK @astralsource @gurik

Hi,

I have submitted the PR application on June 8th.

However, I have realized now that my Job NOC codes and Primary Occupation NOC code has discrepancies with the roles and responsibility letter.

Is there anything that can be done now? Will my PR application (e-AOR) get refused?

I have the following experiences.

Work experience current - Filed correctly as NOC code 2171 - 2.5 yrs ex
Work experience past No.1 - Filed incorrectly as NOC code 2171 - 4 years ex . However, this actually falls under NOC 2281 as per my roles and responsibilities letter issued by the employer.
Work experience past No. 2 - Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex
Work experience past No. 3 -Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex

All the above NOCs fall under skill level B. I have received max points of 50 for my foreign work ex and English language level. I am basing 2171 as my primary occupation for my PR.

Regards,
Rakesh

FSW Outland | ITA 19th April |AOR 8th June |Meds 2nd June
I second all @KiranK has advised.
Its good that your NOC for which you are claiming CRS points is correct. So some relief there, but still you have given misinformation. To correct your mistake raise CSE ASAP and attach a letter of Explanation along.
Link-https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Sometimes it takes 45 days for CSE to be uploaded in our application, so this is important, do not delay.

Galaxyshine

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
It should have gone to IP1 after meds but the bg status in your profile is not a foolproof way to understand where is your application at. I have read a couple of more cases whose bg status jumped to NA suddenly like yours. You can wait for a couple of weeks to see if there is any update or order those gcms notes. I think the notes have like detailed steps your application went through.
Okay, thanks. Will wait a bit and order the notes, hopefully my profile would be updated by then.

Theone1988

Mar 7, 2017
The dates look continuous. Now, I can't remember the exact guidance on the form, but did it not specify 'history for the last ten years, or since your 18th birthday, whichever is the earliest/latest'? I wonder if that explains it - you've gone further than 10 years prior (presumably to your birthday).

Check any ? symbol on that page and make sure there isn't an extra detail you're not following.

Hopefully that helps...
Provide the details of XXX personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago).
I am 30 y/o so it should be the last 10 years. I tried going back 10 years, and 12 years to my 18 birthday and I get the same error. Same for my spouse, It's driving me crazy.