+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi people,
I need guidance on how to update my application with my new address and also I need to provide a new passport information as my current passport hasn't got the required 6-months validity. Thanks

@comfortablynumb @KiranK @gurik Any ideas?
The answers and links given by @whimsical and @KiranK are correct. CSE is the way here. Its normal for many applicants to update such information, it will go on smoothly.

Reactions: Bayparc and KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hey guys, how do you know if IP1/IP2 have started? I'm FSW-O.
When your background changes from "not applicable" to in progress for the very first time (usually around your medicals pass) it is IP1. You will receive no e-mail notification for this (or mostly any change in background at any stage) and the only way to check this is by checking your account for updates as sometimes it very quickly changes back to "not applicable" and is missed by applicants.
Please read following for details.

Stages- AOR>Meds pass>IP1>NA (Not applicable)>Ip2>PPR.

IP1 refers to in progress 1 i.e when your background goes in progress for the first time. This stage your R10 check (completeness of documents is checked). It happens simultaneously with the medicals and both are independent of each other. They both generally get updated at the same time in your file give or take few days. So after your meds pass it will be around the corner..

After R10 is complete your BGC will change to NA. After this your eligibility and criminality will be checked, if all is okay file will be transferred to LVO or CPC. Then comes IP2.

IP2 refers to in progress 2 i.e when your background goes in progress for the 2nd time. This happens generally after 10-35 days from NA Stage. Here your file is finalised for eligibility, security and criminality and PPR is generally issued after 2-15 days from this stage, if all goes well of course.

Note- timelines vary for different applicants as each case is unique and processed differently from other, these timelines have been deduced based on the current trends for normal average cases (FSW-O).

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
I got a new passport between my ITA and AOR and in the travel document section I uploaded all the pages of both the passports .

But I think you have a new passport after AOR. CSE is the way to go here. They have a file upload section and comments section I guess.

@KiranK @johnsyk : You can guide Bayparc here as you have raised CSE's.
Thanks @comfortablynumb. very much appreciated

RakeshTaranath

Mar 2, 2017
@legalfalcon
@johnsyk @KiranK @astralsource @gurik

Hi,

I have submitted the PR application on June 8th.

However, I have realized now that my Job NOC codes and Primary Occupation NOC code has discrepancies with the roles and responsibility letter.

Is there anything that can be done now? Will my PR application (e-AOR) get refused?

I have the following experiences.

Work experience current - Filed correctly as NOC code 2171 - 2.5 yrs ex
Work experience past No.1 - Filed incorrectly as NOC code 2171 - 4 years ex . However, this actually falls under NOC 2281 as per my roles and responsibilities letter issued by the employer.
Work experience past No. 2 - Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex
Work experience past No. 3 -Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex

All the above NOCs fall under skill level B. I have received max points of 50 for my foreign work ex and English language level. I am basing 2171 as my primary occupation for my PR.

Regards,
Rakesh

FSW Outland | ITA 19th April |AOR 8th June |Meds 2nd June

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
When your background changes from "not applicable" to in progress for the very first time (usually around your medicals pass) it is IP1. You will receive no e-mail notification for this (or mostly any change in background at any stage) and the only way to check this is by checking your account for updates as sometimes it very quickly changes back to "not applicable" and is missed by applicants.
Please read following for details.

Stages- AOR>Meds pass>IP1>NA (Not applicable)>Ip2>PPR.

IP1 refers to in progress 1 i.e when your background goes in progress for the first time. This stage your R10 check (completeness of documents is checked). It happens simultaneously with the medicals and both are independent of each other. They both generally get updated at the same time in your file give or take few days. So after your meds pass it will be around the corner..

After R10 is complete your BGC will change to NA. After this your eligibility and criminality will be checked, if all is okay file will be transferred to LVO or CPC. Then comes IP2.

IP2 refers to in progress 2 i.e when your background goes in progress for the 2nd time. This happens generally after 10-35 days from NA Stage. Here your file is finalised for eligibility, security and criminality and PPR is generally issued after 2-15 days from this stage, if all goes well of course.

Note- timelines vary for different applicants as each case is unique and processed differently from other, these timelines have been deduced based on the current trends for normal average cases (FSW-O).
Thanks for the detailed explanation. My current background check is NA. I didn't see IP1 till now (passed meds 1 week ago). However, I noticed one thing in my online account. In the home page, in the table under "View my submitted applications or profiles", it usually shows a status of "submitted" for the PR row. On the day of passing the medical, I think I checked my account a few times out of excitement. Later in the same day, I logged in and noticed that the status changed from "submitted" to "updated". I got excited for nothing as background check was still showing NA. Do you think it may have changed from NA to IP1 and back to NA too quickly?

Galaxyshine

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
AOR - 27th April
Meds Passed- 27th June
BG Status- N/A
My BG Status has been N/A since I passed Medicals, I check my account at least three times daily.
Is this normal?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
AOR - 27th April
Meds Passed- 27th June
BG Status- N/A
My BG Status has been N/A since I passed Medicals, I check my account at least three times daily.
Is this normal?
It should have gone to IP1 after meds but the bg status in your profile is not a foolproof way to understand where is your application at. I have read a couple of more cases whose bg status jumped to NA suddenly like yours. You can wait for a couple of weeks to see if there is any update or order those gcms notes. I think the notes have like detailed steps your application went through.

Reactions: Galaxyshine

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Guys does anyone know if calling cic does have any negative effect on the application??
I don't know about negative effect as such (though i don't think it will have), but I have read that sometimes some agent get pretty mad if they discover you are calling from outside of Canada, as their number is set block calls from outside, but people somehow get through by adding prefixes (like +1 in India). Some are really nice and give the info. I have never called though, but this what I have read on majority of threads.

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Thanks for the detailed explanation. My current background check is NA. I didn't see IP1 till now (passed meds 1 week ago). However, I noticed one thing in my online account. In the home page, in the table under "View my submitted applications or profiles", it usually shows a status of "submitted" for the PR row. On the day of passing the medical, I think I checked my account a few times out of excitement. Later in the same day, I logged in and noticed that the status changed from "submitted" to "updated". I got excited for nothing as background check was still showing NA. Do you think it may have changed from NA to IP1 and back to NA too quickly?
You may well be right. The Updated returns to Submitted once you go in and view the table. So for it to switch back to Updated implies another change happened separately.

Reactions: KiranK

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
The way most consultants work is this way. The person wants to immigrate so they go see a consultant. Consultant ALWAYS says, you have a good chance. Dont worry. Even if the guy can barely speak English.

The consultant gives the person a checklist of things to do. WES, ECA etc. And just to give that check list, they will talk big about the process, blah blah blah and take the first installment which is a pretty decent amount. Usually 1/3 of the total fees.

By then the poor gullible applicant has fallen into the trap. He announces to the whole world that he is going to Canada and he has already got a consultant doing everything for him. Friends and family are excited and the applicant himself feels he is half way there. Afterall the consultant told him that he qualifies based on his education and work experience.

Then he gets his IELTS done. Many people do not get a CLB 9. By the time ECA is done and IELTS is over, the consultant charges the next fee to get a profile. Then the person is in the pool with a score of around 380 since the person wont have a CLB 9 in the first shot. The poor guy in many cases wont even know that he needs CLB 9 since consultant usually say that all you need is a 6 to qualify. I had a friend who once told me excitedly that her consultant told her that she passed her IELTS! She got above 6!

Then the person goes into the pool and stays there forever. Consultant says you are in pool but scores are still high. Wait...it will come down. They wait and wait and wait and so many people just lose interest. Consultant is happy with the 2/3 money and they are off to the next victim!

If the person does get a CLB 9 or 10 and they eventually get an ITA, the consultant makes it sound like they worked on it using their lawyers etc etc. Finally just before the PPR mail, consultant collects all final payments, gives the PPR and gets the passport stamped and the candidate keeps raving about this AMAZING consultant and recommends their friends and family to this consultant. Because of XYZ, today I got Canadian Residency!

In reality, all the consultant did was upload forms and gave them a checklist which is available for free on CIC!
This is exactly our story with David Cohen in 2015. We stayed forever in that pool until the profile expired. Never again, now rolling solo with info from as much immi groups we can find. And we have submitted our e-apr.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
This update might have something or nothing to do with BGC, can't say, it might be reflecting the medicals update or so. Now for IP, it sometimes is changed very quickly like within few hours, so maybe you missed it. Sometimes it starts later also for some applicants, wait for a week or so, if nothing changes, we can assume that it was missed by you.
Also I have deduced a way to know that our IP1 is done or not, by studying different cases, i have come to an understanding that ip1 (R10 Check) is done at CIO Sydney, like before your IP1 if you e-mail to CIC to know your visa office, it will most likely be given as CIO sydney, but after this stage is complete our files get transferred to either CPC Ottawa or LVO, So i have decided to e-mail them in like 10 days from now to ask my VO, that will help me a bit to decide my stage, as I also like you am not sure that whether my Ip1 has started or not or i missed it. So I am going to wait few days , if nothing happens then I am going to e-mail them. Yu can try this if you wish.

Note:- Sometimes due to load sharing files stay longer at CIO and checks after R10, i.e A11.2, criminality etc. are also done there, so we can never be sure about anything with CIC, but as these days in most cases change of VO is happening after their IP goes to NA, i suppose this is a good try.

Reactions: gurik and uppperkut

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@legalfalcon
@johnsyk @KiranK @astralsource @gurik

Hi,

I have submitted the PR application on June 8th.

However, I have realized now that my Job NOC codes and Primary Occupation NOC code has discrepancies with the roles and responsibility letter.

Is there anything that can be done now? Will my PR application (e-AOR) get refused?

I have the following experiences.

Work experience current - Filed correctly as NOC code 2171 - 2.5 yrs ex
Work experience past No.1 - Filed incorrectly as NOC code 2171 - 4 years ex . However, this actually falls under NOC 2281 as per my roles and responsibilities letter issued by the employer.
Work experience past No. 2 - Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex
Work experience past No. 3 -Filed correctly as NOC code 2282 - 2 years ex

All the above NOCs fall under skill level B. I have received max points of 50 for my foreign work ex and English language level. I am basing 2171 as my primary occupation for my PR.

Regards,
Rakesh

FSW Outland | ITA 19th April |AOR 8th June |Meds 2nd June
Correct me if i am wrong, I understand that you have inadvertently mentioned wrong NOC code for one job only and that too is not your Primary occupation and rest all is in order, also you have claimed points for 2.5 years experience then, am i correct till here.
Now the good part here i that the job you are claiming points for is correct, but still CIC is known to be brutal sometimes.
So, if this the case, then you should immediately sent a CSE along with LOE explaining that how by mistake (inadvertently) you made this error and this be corrected in your file at the earliest. Mention the incorrect details and their correction properly.
Your AOR is June 8th, so hopefully before they start checking your eligibility your LOE will reach them and if you explain well, they will consider it definitely, in my opinion.
Don't worry this can be handled, but sent a CSE ASAP.

Let's wait for others advice.

Reactions: gurik