+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
these are instructions from the ministry of immigration to the officers (straight from cic website):

Federal Skilled Workers - Admissibility and making a final decision
Determining admissibility
Once the processing office has determined that an applicant is a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class pursuant to R75, the principal applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, must complete medical examinations if required, and pass criminal and security checks.

For detailed information about determining admissibility, refer to ENF 2 / OP 18 – Evaluating Inadmissibility.

Making a final decision
Approving the application
For applicants who are living outside of Canada, send the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and permanent resident visa (if applicable) to the applicant’s address outside of Canada.

Do not issue a permanent resident visa counterfoil to applicants whose passport was issued by a visa-exempt country identified in R190(1)(a) or (b), 190(2)(b) – (f), or R190(2.1). However, officers may request to see the applicant’s original passport in these cases.

Approved applicants must present their CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry [R71.1(1)]

If an officer approves an application from a temporary resident in Canada who is a member of a class referred to in R70(2)(a) or (b), they will:

send the CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to the applicant’s address in Canada; and
inform the applicant that, in order to become a permanent resident, they may either:
present the CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry, or
contact the CIC Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office, with their family members, if applicable. [R71.1(2)]

since we all have passed the medical exam and submitted the police check report (criminal check). Does anyone know how the security check is done?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
these are instructions from the ministry of immigration to the officers (straight from cic website):

Federal Skilled Workers - Admissibility and making a final decision
Determining admissibility
Once the processing office has determined that an applicant is a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class pursuant to R75, the principal applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, must complete medical examinations if required, and pass criminal and security checks.

For detailed information about determining admissibility, refer to ENF 2 / OP 18 – Evaluating Inadmissibility.

Making a final decision
Approving the application
For applicants who are living outside of Canada, send the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and permanent resident visa (if applicable) to the applicant’s address outside of Canada.

Do not issue a permanent resident visa counterfoil to applicants whose passport was issued by a visa-exempt country identified in R190(1)(a) or (b), 190(2)(b) – (f), or R190(2.1). However, officers may request to see the applicant’s original passport in these cases.

Approved applicants must present their CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry [R71.1(1)]

If an officer approves an application from a temporary resident in Canada who is a member of a class referred to in R70(2)(a) or (b), they will:

send the CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to the applicant’s address in Canada; and
inform the applicant that, in order to become a permanent resident, they may either:
present the CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry, or
contact the CIC Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office, with their family members, if applicable. [R71.1(2)]

since we all have passed the medical exam and submitted the police check report (criminal check). Does anyone know how the security check is done?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fam the webpage doesn't even open "This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" lol

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi guys,

I am a Dec 1st applicant. This is the first time I am receiving my GCMS notes. its a long file. Would you please help me and tell me which part of it I should look to get the latest status of my application.

Thanks.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ehsan.isf said:
Hi guys,

I am a Dec 1st applicant. This is the first time I am receiving my GCMS notes. its a long file. Would you please help me and tell me which part of it I should look to get the latest status of my application.

Thanks.
Look for file location, assessments and notes. All these sections can give hints on what's going on with your app. Good luck.

ChloeCho

Nov 5, 2015
Category........: FSW
Visa Office......: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......: 3110
App. Filed.......: 22-12-2014
File Transfer...: 10-03-2015
Med's Request: 01-07-2015
Med's Done....: 17-07-2015
Interview........: N/A
Passport Req..: N/A
VISA ISSUED...: N/A
LANDED..........: N/A

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChloeCho said:
Hi, if I request ATIP with $5, can I get CGMS report only once?
No. But if you live in Canada, you'll get the same result applying under Privacy Act, which is free of charge.

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
I've received my GCMS Notes few hours ago and I've found out the following:

- Latest Update 1/9/2015
- Group Name: RFV ->31/3/2016

Notes:
- 1/9/2015 - Application Appears RFV - Sent to Officer Review
- 1/9/2015 - Received all pending docs

Assessments:
- Eligibility: Passed
- Security: (Blank)
- HRIV: (Blank)
- Criminality: Passed
- Org Crime: (Blank)
- Medical: Passed
- Misrepresentation: (Blank)
- Other reqs: (Blank)
- Final: (Blank)

As around 100 days have passed since my TLU, so I'd be waiting for the new quota of visas to officers (nobody knows when) to get my RFV email as per Diplo's theory :/

My questions:
1- Does "Group Name: RFV ->31/3/2016" mean that I should be getting a feedback before that day or that it's only a bring forward date that may be modified (delayed) later for more 30 or 60 days?
2- What does the blank status tell in front of some assessments? Does that mean that it wasn't started yet or that it's started but not finalized yet?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AliMo said:
I've received my GCMS Notes few hours ago and I've found out the following:

- Latest Update 1/9/2015
- Group Name: RFV ->31/3/2016

Notes:
- 1/9/2015 - Application Appears RFV - Sent to Officer Review
- 1/9/2015 - Received all pending docs

Assessments:
- Eligibility: Passed
- Security: (Blank)
- HRIV: (Blank)
- Criminality: Passed
- Org Crime: (Blank)
- Medical: Passed
- Misrepresentation: (Blank)
- Other reqs: (Blank)
- Final: (Blank)

As around 100 days have passed since my TLU, so I'd be waiting for the new quota of visas to officers (nobody knows when) to get my RFV email as per Diplo's theory :/

My questions:
1- Does "Group Name: RFV ->31/3/2016" mean that I should be getting a feedback before that day or that it's only a bring forward date that may be modified (delayed) later for more 30 or 60 days? CIC has received additional financing to reduce backlog in 2014 (under Economic Action Plan) and the Program management has set target to eliminate backlog by March 2016. This also refers to Citizenship applications. So, you can say this is the date by which they estimate the clearing of all their inventory. But it's not a deadline, cause they can't issue a visa unless all requirements are met
2- What does the blank status tell in front of some assessments? Does that mean that it wasn't started yet or that it's started but finalized yet? Some assessments are secret and won't be revealed to the applicant. It's common practice. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act./Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 21 of the Privacy Act. = depending on the Act you used to apply for Case Records

In few words, you file is 100% complete and is awaiting authorization from the principal decision maker.

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Diplomatru said:
In few words, you file is 100% complete and is awaiting authorization from the principal decision maker.
This is wonderful news.
Can't thank you enough, Diplo :)
The least I can give is a +1