+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
Do you know if they might ask for any additional documents after MR? because I haven't done my Taxes yet for 2014. do you think they might ask for my notice of assessment? or T4?

Thank you!
They might ask for any documents before decision made, but only related to criminality and security, since you've passed eligibility assessment already.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Diplomatru said:
Call centre agents know jack about processing. There is no such thing as a deadline. There is a review date (+60/30 days depending on the stage of your file), which is mentioned in your GCMS file. On this day they might pull it from the registry or leave it be for another 60/30 days (if the assessments are not completed). If all the checks are completed, on the next review date the agent makes a note and transfers the file to RFV (ready for visa) location. This is where final decision pertaining to visa issuance is made and it is handled by CPC-O Assistant Director ONLY, so unsurprisingly there is a certain backlog here too.

1) If your file's location is RFV, they will likely request your passport in 30-45 days from the transfer date.
2) If your file is in the registry, it means that the security check results have NOT yet arrived. This takes about 100 days since third line update, but it is kind of unpredictable due to the nature of this checks.

That being said, there is another issue that might postpone the processing at RFV stage. Each CIC office is issued a certain quantity of visa numbers that it can use each year. Last year there were NO passport requests in November, December, because they ran out of their visa# inventory. As soon as they received a new bulk of visa# in the third week of January they started mailing out passport requests.

The existing backlog is manageable and all files will be finalized in due course.
Hi,

Thank you so much for these information. Lots of friends in Ottawa office are depressed now, including me.

For the RFV stage, I know many friends' notes have shown "File location_APPEARS RFV", is this also in the final review stage?

But lots of us are still in the criminality process even we got the "APPEARS RFV", which has lasted for several months.

And the fact is CPCO has stopped sending PPR since July if I did not remember wrong.

The situation is sucks :(

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
They might ask for any documents before decision made, but only related to criminality and security, since you've passed eligibility assessment already.
that's what i thought until an immigration lawyer told me that they might ask me for any document whatsoever untill the visa is stamped.

if you were right, i will buy u dinner at any polish restaurant u choose lol

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
nbminister said:
​What is wrong with the CIC today?

I cannot access to the ECAS to check my status and there is no CIC agent answer the call at call center.
The web for the GCMS notes is also down ::)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for these information. Lots of friends in Ottawa office are depressed now, including me.

For the RFV stage, I know many friends' notes have shown "File location_APPEARS RFV", is this also in the final review stage?

But lots of us are still in the criminality process even we got the "APPEARS RFV", which has lasted for several months.

And the fact is CPCO has stopped sending PPR since July if I did not remember wrong.

The situation is sucks :(
Appears RFV - is an officer's note, that they amke against file transfer to RFV location.
Some ATIP files say criminality in process, although the application sits at RFV location. Might be a GCMS glitch. Once again, if your file is at RFV you have nothing to worry about. You will get your passport request once the office gets new visa# inventory.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alialiali said:
that's what i thought until an immigration lawyer told me that they might ask me for any document whatsoever untill the visa is stamped.

if you were right, i will buy u dinner at any polish restaurant u choose lol
Anytime dear))

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Diplomatru said:
Appears RFV - is an officer's note, that they amke against file transfer to RFV location.
Some ATIP files say criminality in process, although the application sits at RFV location. Might be a GCMS glitch. Once again, if your file is at RFV you have nothing to worry about. You will get your passport request once the office gets new visa# inventory.
Thanks for your kind words. Hopefully it will act like what you said :)

Seems there is nothing to do but wait......

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
Thanks for your kind words. Hopefully it will act like what you said :)

Seems there is nothing to do but wait......
You are welcome. Look, RFV is pretty self-explanatory. CIC is ready to issue you a visa. Are you? =)

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
Diplomatru said:
You are welcome. Look, RFV is pretty self-explanatory. CIC is ready to issue you a visa. Are you? =)
LOL, Any minute :)

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Call centre agents know jack about processing. There is no such thing as a deadline. There is a review date (+60/30 days depending on the stage of your file), which is mentioned in your GCMS file. On this day they might pull it from the registry or leave it be for another 60/30 days (if the assessments are not completed). If all the checks are completed, on the next review date the agent makes a note and transfers the file to RFV (ready for visa) location. This is where final decision pertaining to visa issuance is made and it is handled by CPC-O Assistant Director ONLY, so unsurprisingly there is a certain backlog here too.

1) If your file's location is RFV, they will likely request your passport in 30-45 days from the transfer date.
2) If your file is in the registry, it means that the security check results have NOT yet arrived. This takes about 100 days since third line update, but it is kind of unpredictable due to the nature of this checks.

That being said, there is another issue that might postpone the processing at RFV stage. Each CIC office is issued a certain quantity of visa numbers that it can use each year. Last year there were NO passport requests in November, December, because they ran out of their visa# inventory. As soon as they received a new bulk of visa# in the third week of January they started mailing out passport requests.

The existing backlog is manageable and all files will be finalized in due course.
Thanks Diplomatru! Your comments make much more sense, seems we have to wait for a while 8)

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Hi diplo

Great to see you here .
What should we make out of a very few individuals being granted PPR since July this year ..
If it's a question of visa # why it has been that a few individuals here and there have received PPR but rest all of us are waiting .
I am not able to interpret the delay

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:

1)Diplomatru, it's good to see you back. Actually, this delay and hold for sending PPR to FSW-2014 applicants started since July, and this happened while EE applicants have been receiving PPR from CPC-Ottawa frequently.
2) After file being in the registry, does it move to another officer (agent) for final review or does it go to RFV location? What was your experience in this sense?

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
harrysaini said:
Hi diplo

Great to see you here .
What should we make out of a very few individuals being granted PPR since July this year ..
If it's a question of visa # why it has been that a few individuals here and there have received PPR but rest all of us are waiting .
I am not able to interpret the delay
It's so odd...who knows what the reasons are? There was an applicant in here who had the exact same dates of application, PER, MR...only he got his medical exams done right away...I couldn't get mine done for about a week...he already got PPR and has landed and yet I wait. Who knows?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
LOL, Any minute :)
That's the spirit. Mark my words, the minute you get PPR, you will be anxious about return tracker activation, then PRC processing time and then you will count days until you meet RO for citizenship application and finally the actual processing until Oath. Then again you have to apply for passport, but that's just 10 business days lol =}

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
nbminister said:
​What is wrong with the CIC today?

I cannot access to the ECAS to check my status and there is no CIC agent answer the call at call center.
It has been down but I just logged on right now and it seems to be working again. Nothing new in there (for me) though.