+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me in finding the websites where I can book a place to quarantine for the remaining 11 days after 3 days hotel quarantine. I went through airbnb and booking.com, they are non-refundable. We never know what if we missed the flight/reports came positive/didn't get the report within 72 hours of scheduled departure.
In total, hotel + own quarantine gonna cost around $2500. If we get through it worth but if we get unluckly......

Last edited:

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
"The rate at the Aloft (Montreal) is $325 per night plus tax for single occupancy and an additional $200 for an adult or $150 for a child under 12." and they're working on a refund policy in case test comes back early. Clearly neither the hotels nor the government were sufficiently prepared to launch this.
You made my day ! Thank You

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
None of this makes sense, why only 5 stars and above hotels are chosen for 3 days quarantine. So, basically none of the smaller hotels meet the requirements of IRCC for security and other.. why??
Hotels had to apply to join the program and show they could meet the requirements. Many of the less expensive hotels/motels probably didn't have the correct facilities, weren't located in the right location, etc. There aren't many hotels that are below 3 stars around and that people would find acceptable.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
You can't compare the cost in India to the cost in Canada. Almost everything costs substantially more in Canada.
The point was that the result comes in 24 hours almost in 99% of the cases even with the population here. I expect a country like Canada with a much lower population to guarantee results within 24 hours, reducing the quarantine to only a day. I understand the inflated costs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A call centre for booking hotels is bad. A call centre that only operates 15 hours a day is plain stupid.

I'm all for understanding the need to deter travel but then maybe stop issuing study permits, work permits, refugee claims too? Like you cannot have it both ways.

This is also plain dumb.
"Travellers will receive email confirmation of their accommodation within 4 hours of booking."

Why does it take 4 hours to confirm a booking? Are they manually processing hotel bookings?
This is what happens when a bureaucrat is so focused on being inclusive that they make a stupid decision based on the very small number of travelers who don't have access to the internet or are not comfortable with technology :rolleyes: This took so long to announce and roll out and it was still so poorly done. Would also assume taxpayers are paying a large amount for this phone service which makes the situation even worse. People would start protesting if Canada stopped issuing permits and visas. There have been delays and there were petitions, twitter campaigns, protests, etc. when processing was stopped or slowed down in the spring/summer. International students contribute a lot to the economy and school budgets so many schools pushed hard to have international students enter Canada even if studying online. Temporary workers are vital for certain industries so there would be serious consequences to things like our food supply if visas/permits were not processed . There are minimal private refugee applications being processed/being approved at the moment. Most are stuck in processing for various reasons like not being able to do interviews.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The point was that the result comes in 24 hours almost in 99% of the cases even with the population here. I expect a country like Canada with a much lower population to guarantee results within 24 hours, reducing the quarantine to only a day. I understand the inflated costs.
Most PCR test results don't come in within 24 hours in Canada. A smaller country will have testing capacity and labs that are in line with their population size. There are delays because Canada is such a large country so sending samples to a centre where they can be processed takes time. 2-3 days is pretty standard although it is also dependent on where you live in Canada, whether it is the weekend, whether there is an existing backlog of tests being processed and the number of tests being processed that day. The more remote your location and the farther you are from a city where they can do testing the longer you'll need to wait. I am pretty sure I saw people from India posting that they only got their PCR results on the day they flew out. Could vary be where you live and the lab you use. There are many arriving from other countries who have not received their test results within the 72 hours or got them while at the airport.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Most PCR test results don't come in within 24 hours in Canada. A smaller country will have testing capacity and labs that are in line with their population size. There are delays because Canada is such a large country so sending samples to a centre where they can be processed takes time. 2-3 days is pretty standard although it is also dependent on where you live in Canada, whether it is the weekend, whether there is an existing backlog of tests being processed and the number of tests being processed that day. The more remote your location and the farther you are from a city where they can do testing the longer you'll need to wait. I am pretty sure I saw people from India posting that they only got their PCR results on the day they flew out. Could vary be where you live and the lab you use. There are many arriving from other countries who have not received their test results within the 72 hours or got them while at the airport.
Here we are talking about samples taken at airports of 4 major cities of Canada by private players who are going to charge good money for testing. Testing potential spreaders of new strain coming from a foreign land. I think they should get their priorities straight here.

rvsingh86

Dec 10, 2019
Ludhiana
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
So 1000-1100 CAD will be the cost of hotel stay for single....What will be the cost of covid tests...that cost also we have to consider...

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
So 1000-1100 CAD will be the cost of hotel stay for single....What will be the cost of covid tests...that cost also we have to consider...
This is something still missing. It was supposed to be included in the hotel stay but no one is mentioning this. On Toronto Pearson Airport website, they say the testing is free for incoming travellers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here we are talking about samples taken at airports of 4 major cities of Canada by private players who are going to charge good money for testing. Testing potential spreaders of new strain coming from a foreign land. I think they should get their priorities straight here.
2-3 days is considered a fast processing time throughout the world. Who knows what other samples are being processed by the lab at the same time. I don't think that other samples will be delayed to prioritize the quarantine hotel samples. Would assume the private lab only takes on a certain amount of testing and guarantees testing in 72 hours or less.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is something still missing. It was supposed to be included in the hotel stay but no one is mentioning this. On Toronto Pearson Airport website, they say the testing is free for incoming travellers.
Free test was only temporary while the province waited for the federal testing to start and is run by the province of Ontario. Hopefully they will update the website soon.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Free test was only temporary while the province waited for the federal testing to start and is run by the province of Ontario. Hopefully they will update the website soon.
Aah. To add to the confusion, no one has mentioned covid test costs yet. If thats added then, it will come to almost 2000 CAD for some hotels.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Costs seem to vary quite a lot more than that depending on the city and the hotel but it does look like costs are likely to be less than anticipated. Prices may be reevaluated once hotels have had a chance to evaluate real costs once people are actually staying in the hotels. This program seems to disorganized I can only imagine that the hotels may have overlooked something or the government may point out changes that need to be made.