+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I hope I'm not too early but here in Warsaw, Poland it's already 10:20am and in Toronto it's 04:20am, BUT it's the 18th February and you all know what it means. We can now book the famous mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine for travels after 22nd February.
I was hoping to find a link on where and how to book the government designated hotel for the famous 3 day quarantine there since I will travel on 4th March. But I haven't found anything yet.

If anyone has found a link on where to book the hotel, please provide it down here. And you can also share your booking experience and the prices here. Good luck to us all!

Many thanks!

Reactions: skye and Robrobrob

ehvargas

Jun 27, 2017
I will travel next Sunday, february 21th from Colombia. The flight is sopposed to arrive in Toronto at 11:38 pm the same day. I am not sure if I will have to book the three day hotel.

Reactions: Ppun and andrews17

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Lot of people have sued the federal government regarding these rules because there is no transparency in these plans and they're just trying to milk out money from students to uplift their economy.
This is a ridiculous comment. No one sues the federal government successfully. It's just noise that people make to get press and express discontent.

The government is not trying to milk money out of students. They are trying to stop variants from spreading which would ultimately impact the start of term in September and further re-opening measures. Yeah, it sucks but at least you can still come if you want to.

Reactions: YVR123 and Ppun

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Lot of people have sued the federal government regarding these rules because there is no transparency in these plans and they're just trying to milk out money from students to uplift their economy.
Canadian government is trying to limit travel. They have clearly mentioned on their website "Its not the time to travel".
Hotel quarantine is nothing but to discourage everyone from travelling in and out of Canada.
That is why they have also allowed PGWP to online studies and suggested students to either postpone or cancel their planned trip.

I don't understand why everyone don't look into the full picture before spreading 1 specific information. We have to support Canadian Gov. either by not travelling or by following restrictions. Not everyone is doing 14 day quarantine and instead start roaming outside before end of 14 days.
I did 14 day quarantine twice and no official came to visit to check my status. They just called twice over weekends to confirm.

So we should also support whosoever is in Gov. and medical professionals by at least following the instructions. I know students will find hard to pay for Hotel but then don't travel. We can't have everything by our own way.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Canadian government is trying to limit travel. They have clearly mentioned on their website "Its not the time to travel".
Hotel quarantine is nothing but to discourage everyone from travelling in and out of Canada.
That is why they have also allowed PGWP to online studies and suggested students to either postpone or cancel their planned trip.

I don't understand why everyone don't look into the full picture before spreading 1 specific information. We have to support Canadian Gov. either by not travelling or by following restrictions. Not everyone is doing 14 day quarantine and instead start roaming outside before end of 14 days.
I did 14 day quarantine twice and no official came to visit to check my status. They just called twice over weekends to confirm.

So we should also support whosoever is in Gov. and medical professionals by at least following the instructions. I know students will find hard to pay for Hotel but then don't travel. We can't have everything by our own way.
3 day 2000$ will be still there even if it's fall 2021.

Roaming outside before 14 days is not a good idea and might not always work out as one is tracked on ArriveCan. Depends on the provincial quarantine rules.

Reactions: Ppun and sidroy09

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
3 day 2000$ will be still there even if it's fall 2021.

Roaming outside before 14 days is not a good idea and might not always work out as one is tracked on ArriveCan. Depends on the provincial quarantine rules.
First, it is up to $2000. So it is quite possible that you end up paying around $700-800. But again, we have do our part. If not comfortable with that then simply don't travel.

Second, tracking through ArriveCAN is not allowed and one can always go out leaving the phone at home.
My teammate mentioned about his neighbors in Mississauga not following the 14 day rules. There are multiple such cases in Peel (Brampton / Mississauga) area. How can we control that?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
First, it is up to $2000. So it is quite possible that you end up paying around $700-800. But again, we have do our part. If not comfortable with that then simply don't travel.

Second, tracking through ArriveCAN is not allowed and one can always go out leaving the phone at home.
My teammate mentioned about his neighbors in Mississauga not following the 14 day rules. There are multiple such cases in Peel (Brampton / Mississauga) area. How can we control that?
Heard about it too but I would rather stay in during those 14 days as these are the crucial days where one could catch the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: sidroy09

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Well there is a thing called transparency and this is where everything falls apart. A hotel which generally costs 200 CAD (Including breakfast and other amenities) will now cost 600 CAD. How the heck you can justify this price. I don't blindly support anyone without looking at the facts.