+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
If they can't get this 1-800 business to work before the weekend it would make sense to allow people to call the hotels directly to book. Honestly, why is any of this so hard for the government? You can build a website on Shopify in several hours. What makes any of this so hard?
In the official documentation, you will find this information:

Responsibilities and requirements

Basic infrastructure and functional requirements
  • Online registration, check-in and check-out procedures.
    • Travellers must use a third party centralized booking system to reserve and pre-pay their hotel stay.
COVID-19 mandatory hotel stopover: Hotel responsibilities - Canada.ca

Hope you all get this sorted before you travel, take care!

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
In the official documentation, you will find this information:

Responsibilities and requirements

Basic infrastructure and functional requirements
  • Online registration, check-in and check-out procedures.
    • Travellers must use a third party centralized booking system to reserve and pre-pay their hotel stay.
COVID-19 mandatory hotel stopover: Hotel responsibilities - Canada.ca

Hope you all get this sorted before you travel, take care!
I don't get what you mean by hopefully we all get this sorted out.

The link you posted are just the responsibilites from the hotel's side.

Reactions: studentfrompoland

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
This hotline is the heaviest bullshit I have ever witnessed. Not even the airline had such a long waiting time back in March 2020 when I cancelled my flight.
Now the hotline says "If your flight is not within the next 48 hours, please try to book a room at a later time". Completely messed up.
Lucky guys who already booked a room

Reactions: sidroy09

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Got Trough after 2+ hours waiting. Reserved a 3 night Hotel Stay at the Sheraton Getway Hotel at Toronto Airport. Total CAD 1,565.37 Tax included for two persons.

Just a Tip: If you are waiting in line you will notice that the waiting music goes away after a time. Don't Hang up! You are still in line and eventully an operator will talk to you, (It took me 2:30 hours)
Hey, may I ask for which date you booked? And did you ask specifically for the Sheraton? The Alt Hotel must have been cheaper, I'm assuming

sidharthav

Oct 4, 2020
Yes, it includes everything. You don't have to pay anything extra. The rates are much higher than if you book directly through the hotel or Expedia, etc! So they are including the extra "services" on the rate.
Prepaid or payment to be done during checkout?

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
I don't get what you mean by hopefully we all get this sorted out.

The link you posted are just the responsibilites from the hotel's side.
From how I understand it, that a traveler must be able to reserve and pre-pay for their stay because the hotels are mandated to have that functionality. But here you are having a hard time getting a hold of an agent through the hotline.

Also what I meant in "I hope you all get this sorted out" is that you can finally iron out this kink so you can proceed with your arrival. I didn't mean to sound rude if that's what came across. Sorry.

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
From how I understand it, that a traveler must be able to reserve and pre-pay for their stay because the hotels are mandated to have that functionality. But here you are having a hard time getting a hold of an agent through the hotline.

Also what I meant in "I hope you all get this sorted out" is that you can finally iron out this kink so you can proceed with your arrival. I didn't mean to sound rude if that's what came across. Sorry.
Oh, no, you didn't sound rude at all! I thought you mean we all need to get the hotel requirements sorted out, but I meant the hotel has to provide us with everything if we pay. All good, miscommunication! :D

ematos1285

Feb 19, 2021
Hey, may I ask for which date you booked? And did you ask specifically for the Sheraton? The Alt Hotel must have been cheaper, I'm assuming
March 1st. I wanted the Alt Hotel first but at the moment they did not have a rate for 2 persons. So I went for the Sheraton. I was not going to wait for 2+ hours again to see if the rate for 2 persons was available.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

neilwazzup

Mar 21, 2018
Please see video, specifically start in the 1 hour 5 minutes and 20 seconds. Someone asked why the booking was assigned to a phone service, you be the judge of their answer.

I understand that covid is really a serious matter, and their main goal is to reduce the chances of this worsening. However, making it harder to book the hotel rooms won't dissuade the people who really are intent on booking the expensive mandatory hotel fees. The people who were dissuaded to travel due to the expensive fees were already dissuaded, and would not book, even if the booking system were simplified (i.e., online booking). Consequently, I do not understand the need to make this harder than it has to be.

Last edited:

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Please see video, specifically start in the 1 hour 5 minutes and 20 seconds. Someone asked why the booking was assigned to a phone service, you be the judge of their answer.

I understand that covid is really a serious matter, and their main goal is to reduce the chances of this worsening. However, making it harder to book the hotel rooms won't dissuade the people who really are intent on booking the expensive mandatory hotel fees. The people who were dissuaded to travel due to the expensive fees were already dissuaded, and would not book, even if the booking system were simplified (i.e., online booking). Consequently, I do not understand the need to make this harder than it has to be.
Listen closely at 1:05:12 "... will make sure that the f***ing system is working* hahaha. Great lady translating!

But the real question regarding the phone booking system starts at 1:04:11 and not 1:05:20. Listen to his answer pahaha

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
  • 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
There has been a slight update and this phone number got added next to the 1-800 one. What does that mean collect oustide of NA? I don't get the collect part