+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Four months and processing has not yet started for pr application

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
After getting approved as a convention refugee i applied for PR at the start of June and today is 20 sept and my application processing has not yet started. I know a guy who's processing got started in under 2 months. What might be the reason for this. I did email them and got a response that they had my file but processing has started yet

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Current processing is about 19-20 months. You have a way to go yet. Try not to spend to much time dwelling on it, just know you have been accepted and you will get your PR. Otherwise you’ll make yourself crazy.

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
Thing is processing hasn't started yet and it's been 4 months this is the reason I am a little worried

tosinandtoyin

Sep 13, 2019
After getting approved as a convention refugee i applied for PR at the start of June and today is 20 sept and my application processing has not yet started. I know a guy who's processing got started in under 2 months. What might be the reason for this. I did email them and got a response that they had my file but processing has started yet
Please which email did you send an email to.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Thing is processing hasn't started yet and it's been 4 months this is the reason I am a little worried
Doesnt matter what time they start. It goes by queue. I had many people who applied after me, who got their application and medicals etc going before mine, but I still ended up with P.R before them.

So dont stress, they will get you in the approriate time.

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
don't worry about it, i applied on the 10th of May and didn't get it till 2 days ago, so you should be in the next month,

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
Doesnt matter what time they start. It goes by queue. I had many people who applied after me, who got their application and medicals etc going before mine, but I still ended up with P.R before them.

So dont stress, they will get you in the approriate time.
Oh great. Thank you