+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011
Hi Qorax and others
I need your advice.
I landed in toronto last sept 2011 for two weeks and moved back to saudi arabia and currently moved to abu dhabi. I got my PR and SIN cards with in 30-45 days.
At POE-Toronto, I did not submitt any Good to follow list. Once I will relocate to canada the only stuff we will ship would be my daughter's used car seat/troley, her used sleeping cart with mattress, used clothes of hers', her used toys, used blankets,used books etc all common used stuff with no extra ordinary house stuff.
could you please tell me does all these common house holds require even goods to follow list declaration at first entry. I have seen people who bring electronic stuff, car, expessive home appliances, huge furnitures etc usually submitt goods to follow list which require large shipment/containers.
Even If I made a mistake, what can I do now??? during second and final entry in toronto can I request that I am going to submitt goods to follow list (which offcourse is reqd at first entry) and was confused with taking decision at that time?? mostly likely the shipment might come through quick service like fedex etc.
reply sooner
Minnesota

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Minnesota said:
Hi Qorax and others
I need your advice.
I landed in toronto last sept 2011 for two weeks and moved back to saudi arabia and currently moved to abu dhabi. I got my PR and SIN cards with in 30-45 days.
At POE-Toronto, I did not submitt any Good to follow list. Once I will relocate to canada the only stuff we will ship would be my daughter's used car seat/troley, her used sleeping cart with mattress, used clothes of hers', her used toys, used blankets,used books etc all common used stuff with no extra ordinary house stuff.
could you please tell me does all these common house holds require even goods to follow list declaration at first entry. I have seen people who bring electronic stuff, car, expessive home appliances, huge furnitures etc usually submitt goods to follow list which require large shipment/containers.
Even If I made a mistake, what can I do now??? during second and final entry in toronto can I request that I am going to submitt goods to follow list (which offcourse is reqd at first entry) and was confused with taking decision at that time?? mostly likely the shipment might come through quick service like fedex etc.
reply sooner
Minnesota
Those 'common used' stuff will not attract any attention. Be free to return w/out the B4.

Kazmemon

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Sep 2008
AOR Received.
Aug 2008
File Transfer...
30- June-2010
Med's Request
Jul 21 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 28 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -- 30th Nov 2011 PPR2 -- 19th Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th Jan 2012
LANDED..........
4th Mar-2012
Hi Captain,

You have been excellent with the guidance on all this b4 Form, Can we Add Prescribed Medicine to b4 List? with that matter are we allowed to take the prescribed medicine to Canada.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Kazmemon said:
Hi Captain,

You have been excellent with the guidance on all this b4 Form, Can we Add Prescribed Medicine to b4 List? with that matter are we allowed to take the prescribed medicine to Canada.

Thanks
Prescription drugs r permittted to be brought-in into Canada. U r required to carry the Medical Professional's Rx note as well as the Clinic's/Chemist's receipt though.

They aren't needed to be noted on the B4.

Qorax

gkhaira

Feb 28, 2011
Hi Qorax:

Please advise, I am landing in Canada from US tomorrow, basically I am from Canada and crossing border to complete the landing process. please advise, if I should carry passport size photo with me. I sent 4 photographs along with passport when requested for stamping.

Please advise,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gkhaira said:
Hi Qorax:

Please advise, I am landing in Canada from US tomorrow, basically I am from Canada and crossing border to complete the landing process. please advise, if I should carry passport size photo with me. I sent 4 photographs along with passport when requested for stamping.

Please advise,
Not required.
But it's a std procedure - while travelling u should carry a couple of pp-sized pics in ur wallet, for JIC needs.

knduteau

Mar 8, 2012
As far as the excel sheets go do we need to have those present when we land or are the general groups on the B4 Forms enough?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knduteau said:
As far as the excel sheets go do we need to have those present when we land or are the general groups on the B4 Forms enough?
If the space in B4 is enough for you to write all your belongings, you don't need to attach the excel sheets.

knduteau

Mar 8, 2012
One last question... I got my wedding ring appraised but the gemologist only stapled a picture to the appraisal report, he didn't sign and date it the pictures. Is his signature on the pictures required or will the report be ok?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knduteau said:
One last question... I got my wedding ring appraised but the gemologist only stapled a picture to the appraisal report, he didn't sign and date it the pictures. Is his signature on the pictures required or will the report be ok?
Better to contact CBSA (telephone or email) to get a precise answer.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
knduteau said:
Not required [if it's less than $50K].

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thanks for the information.... :D

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing in June 2012 end by grace of GOD
Hi Captain, ;D

Now I'm planning to land in Toronto soon in May 2012, I have a query regarding B4 Form....I have send a Shipment (Ocean) from Australia to Canada which contains 30kg of household products, plus sending another shipment (Ocean) from India of same weight and when coming along with my hubby I'm bringing two suitcase mostly used products.....So filling four individual copies of B4 form....for example

1st. B4 Form (details of australian shipment contain details) and attaching receipt of shipment company

2nd. B4 Form (details of Indian shipment contain details) and attaching receipt of shipment company

3rd. B4 Form (accompanying suitcase contain details) self suitcase while landing

4th. B4 Form (accompanying suitcase contain details) spouse suitcase while landing

and

5th. B4 Form - given details of those products which I want to import in Canada in future ....might be....

Please guide is this in right way????

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
australiatocanada said:
Hi Captain, ;D

Now I'm planning to land in Toronto soon in May 2012, I have a query regarding B4 Form....I have send a Shipment (Ocean) from Australia to Canada which contains 30kg of household products, plus sending another shipment (Ocean) from India of same weight and when coming along with my hubby I'm bringing two suitcase mostly used products.....So filling four individual copies of B4 form....for example

1st. B4 Form (details of australian shipment contain details) and attaching receipt of shipment company

2nd. B4 Form (details of Indian shipment contain details) and attaching receipt of shipment company

3rd. B4 Form (accompanying suitcase contain details) self suitcase while landing

4th. B4 Form (accompanying suitcase contain details) spouse suitcase while landing

and

5th. B4 Form - given details of those products which I want to import in Canada in future ....might be....

Please guide is this in right way????

I've never heard anyone making so many Goods Lists... No, in my opinion that's not the right way. U only make two (2) B4 forms - one for the GAL & one for the GTF, each in duplicate though.

Everytime a shipment arrives, or u personally bring ur goods in, while returning from trips, u just flash the same (pre-stamped) B4... and u r good.

As with the shipment... ur transporting agency will ask u to get the goods released from customs. U just visit the CBW and (as aforesaid) flash the pre-stamped B4 - and voilà!

Qorax