+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
I've never heard anyone making so many Goods Lists... No, in my opinion that's not the right way. U only make two (2) B4 forms - one for the GAL & one for the GTF, each in duplicate though.

Everytime a shipment arrives, or u personally bring ur goods in, while returning from trips, u just flash the same (pre-stamped) B4... and u r good.

As with the shipment... ur transporting agency will ask u to get the goods released from customs. U just visit the CBW and (as aforesaid) flash the pre-stamped B4 - and voilà!

Qorax
I have hands-on experience of bring such large quantities of personal belongings :D

It's one B4 form per family and several pages in excel format stapled on the back of the B4 form. This was how I do it (one ocean shipment from Hong Kong to Canada; and another from China to Canada) and approved by CBSA. Submit this form when you lands.

Every time a shipment arrives at the port, the shipping company will notify you to make appointment with CBSA, provide the necessary documents and then you have to go to a local CBSA office with the pre-stamped B4 form to clear customs before your belongings can be deliver to your Canadian address.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
qorax said:
Those 'common used' stuff will not attract any attention. Be free to return w/out the B4.
qorax,
I have a question. Is there a limit for values yo can declared in b4 form? does it has to be the exact amount or value or you can just do estimate on the values.
thank you for your help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tyler_sam said:
qorax,
I have a question. Is there a limit for values yo can declared in b4 form? does it has to be the exact amount or value or you can just do estimate on the values.
thank you for your help.
Usually the CBSA accepts our self-valuations... However, for high-worth items they may want to see a Certified Valuer's report.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
Thank you very much...

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

I’m an Int’l student living in Canada for some time and intend to visit the US for couple of days and then do landing on my way back. I'm not buying anything from the US and I'll have a bank statement from Canadian bank that shows proof of fund. I have no items to follow and all my clothes, laptop that will accompany me were purchased originally from Canada. My question is, do I still have to fill form B4?
Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sharif11 said:
Dear Qorax,

I'm an Int'l student living in Canada for some time and intend to visit the US for couple of days and then do landing on my way back. I'm not buying anything from the US and I'll have a bank statement from Canadian bank that shows proof of fund. I have no items to follow and all my clothes, laptop that will accompany me were purchased originally from Canada. My question is, do I still have to fill form B4?
Thank you
If it's just a suitcase or two - u don't need the GAL-B4. However, if u have more - it's advisable to carry a list... One wouldn't know what holds in the BSOs mind.

Qorax

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
If it's just a suitcase or two - u don't need the GAL-B4. However, if u have more - it's advisable to carry a list... One wouldn't know what holds in the BSOs mind.

Qorax
Thanks qorax,

Only one small-sized check-in bag and 1 carry-on back bag, and that's it.

DR Who

Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Apr-2011
Doc's Request.
PER 18-May-2011
AOR Received.
RBVO 17-June
File Transfer...
In-Proc 16-July
Med's Request
19-Jul-2011
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2011, Med received in Ecas 9-Oct-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 29 Oct -2011/ PPR 2 on 7 Nov - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
29 May 2012
Dear Qorax,

First of all thank you for all the tips that you have provided that has helped numerous people like myself.

I want to ask you on how to list on GTF B4 form. The confusuion I have is on listing things likes cloths, crockery etc. I have a family of 4 and we are landing (god Willing) in June.

For example is it Ok to list cloths & Crockery as:

Personal cloths----------QTY 6 Suitcases-------Value CAD 2000
Crockery----------------QTY 5 Boxes-----------Value CAD 1500

Thank you and Regards,

Dr. Who

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DR Who said:
Dear Qorax,

First of all thank you for all the tips that you have provided that has helped numerous people like myself.

I want to ask you on how to list on GTF B4 form. The confusuion I have is on listing things likes cloths, crockery etc. I have a family of 4 and we are landing (god Willing) in June.

For example is it Ok to list cloths & Crockery as:

Personal cloths----------QTY 6 Suitcases-------Value CAD 2000
Crockery----------------QTY 5 Boxes-----------Value CAD 1500

Thank you and Regards,

Dr. Who
That's correct.

Benjita

Mar 7, 2012
Dear Masters, God bless you for your help to everybody
From the chat I understood that B4 format will not include money (only goods).
I understod that the money I transfer from my country to Canada after the landing as a consequence of selling my car and/or my appartment must be reported by year end in my tax report as "overseas income" and this money is not taxable (only the interests).
I understood that, if my family live in Canada and I live in my original country working and sending money, my salary must be reported in the yearly tax report as "running overseas income" and it is 100% taxable.
Please confirm me if my understood is correct.
The second question is how can I demonstrate that the money transfered is from my salary or from the sale of any current good I already have (e.g. Furniture that I will sale to friends and without invoices)
Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Benjita

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Benjita said:
Dear Masters, God bless you for your help to everybody
From the chat I understood that B4 format will not include money (only goods).
1)I understod that the money I transfer from my country to Canada after the landing as a consequence of selling my car and/or my appartment must be reported by year end in my tax report as "overseas income" and this money is not taxable (only the interests).
I understood that, if my family live in Canada and I live in my original country working and sending money, my salary must be reported in the yearly tax report as "running overseas income" and it is 100% taxable.
Please confirm me if my understood is correct.
2)The second question is how can I demonstrate that the money transfered is from my salary or from the sale of any current good I already have (e.g. Furniture that I will sale to friends and without invoices)
Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Benjita
1. Yes, u have understood well & correctly.
2. They don't care. If u invest it here - u'd report it's returns in the Tax Assessment. If u don't - FINTRAC will ask u.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012

lotus20

Apr 14, 2012
Dear Qorax,
I'm a little uncertain why i must list personal clothes etc in Form B4. Will this then mean i should list all contents of my vanity case also? Is this not embarassing?

Its easy to list quantity of items under the head of jewellery, household linen. But how does one list utensils and cutlery - 6 spoons, 1 wok, 3 pans etc????

Further, do i make a list of all my books by title or can i simply say 100 spiritual books, 50 academic books, 10 files of personal notes?

i hate all this form filling, altho you make it easier for us. What we all would have done without your help.....!!
Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lotus20 said:
Dear Qorax,
I'm a little uncertain why i must list personal clothes etc in Form B4. 1)Will this then mean i should list all contents of my vanity case also? Is this not embarassing?

Its easy to list quantity of items under the head of jewellery, household linen. 2)But how does one list utensils and cutlery - 6 spoons, 1 wok, 3 pans etc????

Further, do i make a 3)list of all my books by title or can i simply say 100 spiritual books, 50 academic books, 10 files of personal notes?

i hate all this form filling, altho you make it easier for us. What we all would have done without your help.....!!
Thanks.
1. Personal effects, approx qty, approx price of the total.
2. Major items - list each, General items - "Cooking Items/Accessories/Eqpt" - approx qty, approx price of the total.
3. Every title needs listing, in an excel sheet. The total being put in the B4.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qurox,

I got most of the required into related to B4/B4A forms but Still have below doubts and need your help.

1) Good to follow (GTW) list > How long this will be valid? Will it valid in multiple visits also? Can I visit to my home country after 2 years and brings the items mentioned in GTF. For example if bring some Jewel items in first visit (during landing) and rest I will bring (mention in GTW). I believe, its good to declare all the valuable items whether we carry or follow.

2) Do I need to use 'Settler' or 'FORMER RESIDENT' on B4 form as I was resident of Canada (2+ yrs and 2 yrs ago) ?

3) regarding Fund. I worked in Canada previously on WP and have $10K in Canadian bank. Also have job offer now and need to land using PR. Do I need to declare $10K for 'fund/money carrying' while landing?

4) Do we need to declare value of all the assets/properties (of Home country) while landing (in subsequent visits) to avoid tax?

Thanks,