+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello captain Qorax,

I know that for carrying goods we need to fill form b4. But is it possible that we dont take much luggage during first trip as we are planning to go for only 15 days or so initially???

And what if we plan to take goods on our 2nd trip? Do we need to fill B4 again??? or do we need to mention it in 'Goods to follow list' in our first trip?

Thanks a tonne !

Tia

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
tiarachel85 said:
Hello captain Qorax,
I know that for carrying goods we need to fill form b4. But is it possible that we dont take much luggage during first trip as we are planning to go for only 15 days or so initially???
And what if we plan to take goods on our 2nd trip? Do we need to fill B4 again??? or do we need to mention it in 'Goods to follow list' in our first trip?
Thanks a tonne !
Tia
Hi Tia
I conquer. :)
You have to fill the goods to follow list in the first landing itself.
You can include any number of items (with whatsoever the value)in the goods to follow list
rgds
Soby

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Hello captain Qorax,

Thanks a tonne !

Tia
Replied 2 u elsewhere 2. However, here it goes once more:

Tia,
U r obviously confused and all messed-up on this whole B4 thing.

Pls Note:
1. The B4s [both, the GTF & GAL] are required to be filed on your first arrival in Canada as a PR.
2. This is the only time u can get these 2 sets of forms stamped by a BSO@POE.
3. Upon ur subsequent entries u just flash them ur 'previously stamped' B4-'GTF' (Goods To Follow).
4. The B4-'GAL' (Goods Accompanying List) is only usable once, when u enter the 1st time.
5. The B4-'GTF' can be used multiple times, till eternity, upon every entry.
6. U can bring-in ur listed goods (in the GTF) in parts or in bundles or one time or two or many times.

Thus, if u r just coming for a few days/weeks, and do not intend to carry much, u 'only' list those 'few items' in the B4-GAL and doubly ensure that each & everything is pre-listed in the B4-GTF. Which u must get stamped during ur 1st entry.

Hope that clarifies...

Qorax

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
qorax said:
Replied 2 u elsewhere 2. However, here it goes once more:

Tia,
U r obviously confused and all messed-up on this whole B4 thing.

Pls Note:
1. The B4s [both, the GTF & GAL] are required to be filed on your first arrival in Canada as a PR.
2. This is the only time u can get these 2 sets of forms stamped by a BSO @ POE.
3. Upon ur subsequent entries u just flash them ur 'previously stamped' B4-'GTF' (Goods To Follow).
4. The B4-'GAL' (Goods Accompanying List) is only usable once, when u enter the 1st time.
5. The B4-'GTF' can be used multiple times, till eternity, upon every entry.
6. U can bring-in ur listed goods (in the GTF) in parts or in bundles or one time or two or many times.

Thus, if u r just coming for a few days/weeks, and do not intend to carry much, u 'only' list those 'few items' in the B4-GAL and doubly ensure that each & everything is pre-listed in the B4-GTF. Which u must get stamped during ur 1st entry.

Hope that clarifies...

Qorax
Thank you very much dear captain Qorax ! I was confusing

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi, Qorax,

I want to take my laptop der. but during reading the all other post on this website, now i am so much confused whether i will take or not.coz in my laptop autocad-2011 and revit architecture-2009 software and both are crack(Pirated) software. and also all hindi bolywood songs downloaded from online.

SO Please give right advice is it safe to take laptop with me ? whether they check all the software installed in my laptop? or not? or i will remove all this crack software from my laptop.

Please guide me.

thanks in advance.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, dipashah,

There is no problem you can bring your laptop. They won't check all installed software neither any laptop for this purpose.

Regards,

hmisabpk

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dipashah said:
Hi, Qorax,

I want to take my laptop der. but during reading the all other post on this website, now i am so much confused whether i will take or not.coz in my laptop autocad-2011 and revit architecture-2009 software and both are crack(Pirated) software. and also all hindi bolywood songs downloaded from online.

SO Please give right advice is it safe to take laptop with me ? whether they check all the software installed in my laptop? or not? or i will remove all this crack software from my laptop.

Please guide me.

thanks in advance.
-There's a 1 in 100 chance that ur notebook will be scrutinized. But not impossible.
-Canada has stringent Piracy & Lewd Content laws.
-Nearly every traveller carries his/her notebook/tablet while entering Canada [in fact any nation] nowadays.
-Few downloads from www.songs.pk will not mess u up.
-Hacked professional softwares r definitely not acceptable.
-But then, chances of detection is minuscule.
-Ur call !

Qorax

MiTSch

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
Belgrade, Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.2011. - received by CIO on 11.02.2011.
Doc's Request.
10.08.2011. - received by VO Vienna on 07.09.2011.
AOR Received.
PER 20.06.2011.
IELTS Request
Submitted with the initial application
File Transfer...
In process from 13.07.2011.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
25.08.2011. - received by VO London 07.09.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dear Qorax and other members,
could you please guide us - do we need to take a picture for all the jewelries we have - even if it's imitation jewelries or some small silver/gold pieces (each of them worth less than 50 cad)?

Thank you :)

Best wishes,
MiTSch

JonJenkins

Jan 10, 2012
I'm curious about items in a group listing (e.g., kitchen utensils, women's clothing, men clothing, children's clothing) under GTF.

I'm planning to bring my clothing back in multiple trips (what will fit in my suitcase). If I list clothing as GTF, will that be crossed off my GTF list the first time? Or will I be able to bring it back duty/tax free over three or four trips until I have it all in Canada?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MiTSch said:
Dear Qorax and other members,
could you please guide us - do we need to take a picture for all the jewelries we have - even if it's imitation jewelries or some small silver/gold pieces (each of them worth less than 50 cad)?

Thank you :)

Best wishes,
MiTSch
Replied 2 u elsewhere.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
JonJenkins said:
I'm curious about items in a group listing (e.g., kitchen utensils, women's clothing, men clothing, children's clothing) under GTF.

I'm planning to bring my clothing back in multiple trips (what will fit in my suitcase). If I list clothing as GTF, will that be crossed off my GTF list the first time? Or will I be able to bring it back duty/tax free over three or four trips until I have it all in Canada?
Nothing is "Xed Off" in the list anytime.

JonJenkins

Jan 10, 2012
Great, thank you very much. I've found this and other information in this thread that I haven't been able to turn up anywhere else.

FZZ

Feb 13, 2012
Hi, I have a quick question...

Is it just the jewelry we have to photograph? What about carpets (approx 1000 USD), or designer handbags (1000-2500 USD)?
Or should I just list them and price them without photoraphs?
And do you think it would be better to list them individually (according to brand and model), or lump them together under a category, say Handbags- X CAD and Carpets/Rugs- X CAD

Thank you... and esp for all your extremely precise and detailed posts... have really helped ALOT

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FZZ said:
Hi, I have a quick question...

Is it just the jewelry we have to photograph? What about carpets (approx 1000 USD), or designer handbags (1000-2500 USD)?
Or should I just list them and price them without photoraphs?
And do you think it would be better to list them individually (according to brand and model), or lump them together under a category, say Handbags- X CAD and Carpets/Rugs- X CAD

Thank you... and esp for all your extremely precise and detailed posts... have really helped ALOT
-Anything which is of high worth needs to be photographed.
-However, carpets & handbags might not be, unless they r bejewelled.

Qorax

jnadeem

May 25, 2010
I landed on 16-Feb at Toronto and I presented 2-sets of Form B4 (1- Things with us 2- Things to follow), 2 copies each. Everything was very smooth. No problem at all for us not declaring form B4 at our earlier visit, when we landed first time as immigrant and stayed only for 15 days, back in July 2010. I only needed to inform them that now I am coming with my family with intention of setteling down.
Answer from CBSA 'Welcome to Canada'.
Got all documents stamped at customs including Jewelry list and a CBSA form ' casual goods accounting document' alongwith my B4 form with list of good to follow. This form I need to present once I receive my cargo in next couple of weeks to get clerance. Infact my kids had fun at custom counter as the custom officer asked my kids to stamp the document one by one.

Still its good idea to declare your stuff at first landing. Thanks to qorax detailed information, which help me to prepare ourselves exactly how to prepare. It took us hardly 5-10 mintues at custom counter.