+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention previous visa refusal

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am in the same boat where I was refused a study permit as a minor, then came to Canada on a study permit. I now have a PGWP and have gotten my ITA. I had completely forgotten to disclose this refusal. Could you please provide any advice on how I should phrase this to IRCC. I had no intention of misrepresentation.

Any help would be appreciated.
You can follow the advice already posted on this thread

Nodi

Jul 3, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. I have already got ITA without mentioning those two issues. But I will write it down in Personal history sections. Unfortunately, I don't have those papers or documents to highlight that matter. Also, once you are in the UK you will get the resident card instead of getting the stamp on passport! I will check my old documents whether do I get those documents or not!

Now my main concern if I mention that in my personal history, will it affect my PR application decision? Because I didn't mention that during the extension of work permit three times!
Please help!
Can u pls tell me did u declare visa refusal in PR or not.

Harry211184

Oct 24, 2018
Hi I everyone
I have applied UK tier4 visa in 2010 they refused it .. then I applied agian that time college got black listed, I withdrawal my file. Q is now I want to apply Trv application .. how can I answer the Q in imm5257 form , Is it necessary to mention about refusal? Because I did not remember exact reason of refusal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I everyone
I have applied UK tier4 visa in 2010 they refused it .. then I applied agian that time college got black listed, I withdrawal my file. Q is now I want to apply Trv application .. how can I answer the Q in imm5257 form , Is it necessary to mention about refusal? Because I did not remember exact reason of refusal
Yes - it's mandatory that you mention the refusal. If you don't remember the reason, then you should say that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is it okay that .. I dont remember the reason of refusal
You would need to state your passport details for your UK visa refusals + the dates/months when you were refused.

You must declare your UK student visa refusal/blacklisting also because like you, many students were given the option to either switch to recognized UK colleges or to return to their home countries

Harry211184

Oct 24, 2018
You would need to state your passport details for your UK visa refusals + the dates/months when you were refused.

You must declare your UK student visa refusal/blacklisting also because like you, many students were given the option to either switch to recognized UK colleges or to return to their home countries
I remember only year 2010 ... But don't know month date etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I remember only year 2010 ... But don't know month date etc
1. Do you have copies of the refusal letters?

2. It is not advisable to guess the refusal reasons.

3. Any email communication with VFS.... or the appointment scheduled for submitting your application? This could help you to get the application submission date

Zee sahib

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
  1. me start with appreciating you with alot of good work you are doing.alot of prayers for you.i need your advice.plz help me reagrding my sister situation.she got refused in july a visit visa which i applied for her and my mother.my mother got the visa but sister got refused.we applied through a consultant and i applied for her caips notes after you told me to do so.and the notes are saying that she is financially not strong and host is financially not strong which is me and she does not have enough ties to her home country. It happened because consultant did not provide everything i provided.
    I am very well sattle in canada.i bought house this year too.have a small business .my sister too now have a better job and a vice principal of a high school.she has gym membership is well.and she is getting married too in june.she is engaged.
    Can we provide marriage hall booking with deposit reciept?and even her wedding card?
    What can done to make a stronger application because we r thinking to reapply for her in January or February next year so before she gets married she can visit us.my mom got visa but have not travelled yet beacuse she can't travel alone because she never travel alone and medically she need help.
    Can we give that reason too that she is accompanying my mother because of her health condition and provide doctor letter confirming that?
    From my side i can provide my buisness papers.
    My NOC.my buisness and personal bank statement.
    My sister have saving bonds and bank balance around 10 thousand dollars.
    She can provide six months salary slips and job letter confirmation of salary and that she will have job when she returns.
    Her gym membership
    Marriage hall booking and deposit reciept
    Plz let ne what else can be done to make her application stronger? I will really appreciate that.thanks and hoping to hear from u soon.

Zee sahib

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
  1. Hi all the experience members i need your advice.plz help me reagrding my sister situation.she got refused in july a visit visa which i applied for her and my mother.my mother got the visa but sister got refused.we applied through a consultant and i applied for her caips notes after you told me to do so.and the notes are saying that she is financially not strong and host is financially not strong which is me and she does not have enough ties to her home country. It happened because consultant did not provide everything i provided.
    I am very well sattle in canada.i bought house this year too.have a small business .my sister too now have a better job and a vice principal of a high school.she has gym membership is well.and she is getting married too in june.she is engaged.
    Can we provide marriage hall booking with deposit reciept?and even her wedding card?
    What can done to make a stronger application because we r thinking to reapply for her in January or February next year so before she gets married she can visit us.my mom got visa but have not travelled yet beacuse she can't travel alone because she never travel alone and medically she need help.
    Can we give that reason too that she is accompanying my mother because of her health condition and provide doctor letter confirming that?
    From my side i can provide my buisness papers.
    My NOC.my buisness and personal bank statement.
    My sister have saving bonds and bank balance around 10 thousand dollars.
    She can provide six months salary slips and job letter confirmation of salary and that she will have job when she returns.
    Her gym membership
    Marriage hall booking and deposit reciept
    Plz let ne what else can be done to make her application stronger? I will really appreciate that.thanks

Mekev

Nov 12, 2018
Hey folks,

I'm a Master's Student in Germany. I applied for a Visitor's visa to Canada yesterday via online. I wrote in the form I was refused a Canada study visa but I forgot to include that I was refused a New Zealand Visa. When I noticed this, I immediately raised a CSE and emailed the visa processing offices in Vienna, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Munich same day notifying them to take notice that I was refused a New Zealand Visa.

In the CSE and mail to Vienna, I also informed them about my first work experience (which wasn't listed in my application because of the inadequate column in the application form).

I got a mail this morning that my application has been updated.

Please advice me.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey folks,

I'm a Master's Student in Germany. I applied for a Visitor's visa to Canada yesterday via online. I wrote in the form I was refused a Canada study visa but I forgot to include that I was refused a New Zealand Visa. When I noticed this, I immediately raised a CSE and emailed the visa processing offices in Vienna, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Munich same day notifying them to take notice that I was refused a New Zealand Visa.
There's only one visa office for applications from Germany: Vienna visa office. Here:
General: viennimmigration@international.gc.ca

Hope you're not referring to VFS/VACs in Berlin and Dusseldorf. They cannot help.

In the CSE and mail to Vienna, I also informed them about my first work experience (which wasn't listed in my application because of the inadequate column in the application form).
You've done the right thing

Mekev

Nov 12, 2018
There's only one visa office for applications from Germany: Vienna visa office. Here:
General: viennimmigration@international.gc.ca

Hope you're not referring to VFS/VACs in Berlin and Dusseldorf. They cannot help.

You've done the right thing
Many thanks. I sent it to the Canadian Embassies in Vienna, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Munich. I even made a general CSE and later made a CSE specifically for the Vienna office.

Yes it is the Canadian Embassy in Vienna that handles visa application from Germany.

I got a mail today in the morning hour around 7.27 am that my application has been updated.

Just this afternoon, the status of my online application changed from

"Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

- to -

"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements ".

I am following the progress.

Thanks to members of the forum for the insightful contributions

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Many thanks. I got a mail today in the morning hour around 7.27 am that my application has been updated.

Just this afternoon, the status of my online application changed from

"Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

- to -

"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements ".

I am following the progress.

Thanks to members of the forum for the insightful contributions
You will get a decision in a day or two

Good luck for your TRV