+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention previous visa refusal

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
hi,
I applied for canada study permit back in nov2019 for jan intake but unfortunately my visa got refused because I forgot to mention about my previous visa refusal of Australia back in 2015. As I was a minor my parents filled up my form and in 2017 I got the Australian visa. So I totally for that I had a visa rejection. I just turned 18last year. So This time I applied for the study permit again for September intake mentioning my previous visa refusals and why I failed to mention it as it was a genuine mistake by me . My question is what are the chances of me getting the visa this time?
So you've been refused a Canadian visa before, along with an Australian visa, and you didn't mention either on a new Canadian visa application?

Tasfiaahmed

May 3, 2019
So you've been refused a Canadian visa before, along with an Australian visa, and you didn't mention either on a new Canadian visa application?
I was rejected on 2015 Australian tourist visa and on 2017 i went to visit aus as i got the visa again and previously I forgot to mention on my canadian application so i got the rejection but this time when I applied again I mentioned about the rejection and aswell as a letter of explanation that it was my honest mistake not thst I intentionally lied.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I was rejected on 2015 Australian tourist visa and on 2017 i went to visit aus as i got the visa again and previously I forgot to mention on my canadian application so i got the rejection but this time when I applied again I mentioned about the rejection and aswell as a letter of explanation that it was my honest mistake not thst I intentionally lied.
You can expect your application to be very carefully examined for any other errors. Honest mistake isn't an acceptable excuse when it comes to things like not telling IRCC about prior visa refusals.

If the visa officer is satisfied that everything else in your current application is very strong, you might get a visa. It depends on the other factors and whether the officer believes you.

You're sure you were only rejected the last time, and not banned for misrep?

Tasfiaahmed

May 3, 2019
You can expect your application to be very carefully examined for any other errors. Honest mistake isn't an acceptable excuse when it comes to things like not telling IRCC about prior visa refusals.

If the visa officer is satisfied that everything else in your current application is very strong, you might get a visa. It depends on the other factors and whether the officer believes you.

You're sure you were only rejected the last time, and not banned for misrep?
Yes just got the rejection letter only, not banned, I guess this could because I was a minor (15 yrs old) when I got the Australian visa rejection and last year I just turned 18 and applied for the visa. This time my application documents are more strong than previous time as I provided every necessary document. Honest mistake as in a sense that I was not aware of the rejection as my parents did the Australian application when I was a minor and as I visited Australian on 2016 I wasn’t aware that I had the rejection. And I assumed i had no rejection. I should have been more careful while making the application. This is how I explained it more briefly.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes just got the rejection letter only, not banned, I guess this could because I was a minor (15 yrs old) when I got the Australian visa rejection and last year I just turned 18 and applied for the visa. This time my application documents are more strong than previous time as I provided every necessary document. Honest mistake as in a sense that I was not aware of the rejection as my parents did the Australian application when I was a minor and as I visited Australian on 2016 I wasn’t aware that I had the rejection. And I assumed i had no rejection. I should have been more careful while making the application. This is how I explained it more briefly.
Yeah, then you should be OK. Nothing you can do about it anyway, just wait and see.

If everything is as you say, I don't think your previous refusal will count too heavily against you.

Reactions: Tasfiaahmed

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
Hello, my Visa was refused because they are not satisfied that my answer to question 2b of the background check was entirely truthful. when I checked the form, I realized that I forgot to mention that I was refused a USA visa 3 months earlier.

However, I was told that I am welcome to reapply if I feel that I can respond to the concerns and that I can demonstrate that my situation meets the requirements.

Please Will I be able to reapply? How can I mention that I forgot to state the information in my previous application?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If they did not say in the letter that you are banned, then you can reapply. You'll need to come up with a believable reason you forgot.

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
If they did not say in the letter that you are banned, then you can reapply. You'll need to come up with a believable reason you forgot.
Please can you help me with a reason? I cannot think of any because the agent handled the submission. I cannot make such mistake in all honesty

Tasfiaahmed

May 3, 2019
I have not applied for a US Visa since then.
My case was same but As I got the Australian visa afterwards I wrote that As I got the visa second time so I assumed I had no visa rejection. But I suggest you to write a letter by being honest that you didn’t lied but it totally skipped from your mind.

Donelv

Mar 23, 2019
My case was same but As I got the Australian visa afterwards I wrote that As I got the visa second time so I assumed I had no visa rejection. But I suggest you to write a letter by being honest that you didn’t lied but it totally skipped from your mind.
ok thanks

DreamPR

Jul 19, 2019
Hi everyone, my work visa renewal request was rejected due to old photo in Malaysia. However, my employer provided new photo and I got my visa renewed. I forget to mention this refusal in the application. What should I do now?

ntya

Jun 29, 2018
Thank you so much. Sure I will mention that and try to find those documents.
HI I read through your situation.. My friend is in a similar situation for her spouse. He came here on owp but they missed to declare us visa refusal in his owp application, and now they are submitting the pr application. She is planning to declare it now but in the loe should she mention that previously she missed to declare? Thanks

basit6006

Jan 28, 2020
HI I read through your situation.. My friend is in a similar situation for her spouse. He came here on owp but they missed to declare us visa refusal in his owp application, and now they are submitting the pr application. She is planning to declare it now but in the loe should she mention that previously she missed to declare? Thanks
Dear,
Did they declared in the pr application please Tell me I am in the same situation . your help would be great.

Thanks