+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention previous visa refusal

Dilema14

Aug 6, 2020
I applied a Canada Visitors Visa back in 2019 but did not mention my past 2 UK visa refusals. However, I was issued Canada visit visa for 5 years. I have not travelled to Canada as yet but now I am concerned that I may be considered inadmissible for misrepresentation. My case immigration timeline is below;
UK
2010- got UK study visa- Visa Issued
2010- Applied Study visa for change of sponsor- Visa refused due to missing documents, but my existing Study visa remained valid and I continued my stay in UK
2011- Again applied for change of sponsorship- Visa issued remained there till 2016 on valid visa
2016- Applied visit visa outside UK- Refused, Visa officer was not satisfied with my intention to return

USA
2015- Applied USA B1-B2 visa from within UK and was issued 5 years multiple visa- Have not travelled to USA

Canada
2019- Applied Visitors Visa along with my wife as main applicant- Visa issued [ In this visa application I did not disclose my past UK visa refusals ]

UK
2019- Applied UK visit visa- Visa Issued and I travelled to UK for 10 days and returned back within time.

I have never overstayed/barred by any country/Refused Entry or Deportation.

Now, I am worried that not mentioning past UK visa refusal might render me inadmissible in Canada for misrepresentation. What should I do to avoid such circumstances?
Is it worthwhile to contact CIC and inform my previous visa refusals voluntarily? If yes, then how?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
don't worry you will be fine. info sharing is with only USA and not with UK or any other country. u can simply hide any refusal but USA. they share land border hence USA shares biometrics with RCMP . bottomline u don't have to worry about anything you already have a visa just forget about everything else and maintain the same in future applications to Canada. some people might advise you otherwise just ignore them.
This is absolutely 100% incorrect. Standard information sharing is with the "5 Eyes" countries: US/UK/NZ/Australia/CA.

As you have the visa, the visa officer may have exercised discretion to not penalize you for your misrepresentation.

If you apply for PR in the future, or any visa longer than a tourist visa, and you do not declare your UK refusals, it will most likely come up and be a bigger issue.

Reactions: Buletruck

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
do u have any legit source to back up your theory. definitely you will never read any GCMS notes your advise is just speculation and there is a big gap between speculations and facts.
Yes, it does show up in GCMS notes under information sharing.

Naira_canada

Aug 13, 2021
Hi, I am in similar boat. I had US B1 visa rejection 9 years ago but immediately reapplied after one week and got the same.

I travelled Canada in 2015 on TRV and in TRV app I did not mention about US visa rejection. Now I have applied for Canada PR and haven't mentioned the rejection in this PR app too. What should I do, should I explain it in a CSE?
Hi, wanted to know what if you have informed them later so did they give you positive response to your application?

Idongesit

Aug 21, 2022
Hi paul
I went through same scenario, Student visa refused in uk but decision overturned during the tribunal appeal on 2 occasion.
I frogot to disclose to cic as well and later informed them
Message me if you need help
Hello,

I need help on this same issue. I forgot to mention that I have applied to enter Canada before.