+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention previous visa refusal

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
Hello Guys,

I am applying for my Visit Visa to Canada for winter vacation. I visited Canada in early 2017.
Me and my wife got rejection of Schengen Visa from Greece due to some documentation issues in 2018. We found 2 mistakes which may be the reason but not sure. My Question is, shall i mention this in my Visit Visa form of Canada. There is not stamp on the passport. Please guide.

Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I am applying for my Visit Visa to Canada for winter vacation. I visited Canada in early 2017.
Me and my wife got rejection of Schengen Visa from Greece due to some documentation issues in 2018. We found 2 mistakes which may be the reason but not sure. My Question is, shall i mention this in my Visit Visa form of Canada. There is not stamp on the passport. Please guide.

Thank you.
Yes - it's mandatory you mention all refusals. Failure to mention refusals is misrepresentation and may result in a 5 year ban from Canada. Even if your passport is not stamped, assume Canada can easily find out and access this information (it's shared between countries).

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
Yes - it's mandatory you mention all refusals. Failure to mention refusals is misrepresentation and may result in a 5 year ban from Canada. Even if your passport is not stamped, assume Canada can easily find out and access this information (it's shared between countries).
Thank you.

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
Thank you.
So just have to mention regarding the refusal of Schengan Visa? Do I need to attach the Refusal Letter.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Thank you.
So just have to mention regarding the refusal of Schengan Visa? Do I need to attach the Refusal Letter.
just state refusal country and officer was not satisfied and that is all you don't need to attach a refusal letter for it Good luck

Reactions: rizwanali

Narmel

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,
I got three us visa deniel and esta not approved. Can I still apply for eta and get approved? Please advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I got three us visa deniel and esta not approved. Can I still apply for eta and get approved? Please advice.
What passport do you hold? What was the reason for the US and ESTA visa refusals?

Narmel

Jan 2, 2019
What passport do you hold? What was the reason for the US and ESTA visa refusals?
British passport
Got 2 of mine us visa deniel with my previous travel document. Applied esta deniel with my british passport. I guess it was because I didn't declare the deniel on esta. So not authorised. I had to apply for us visa. Went there denied under 214 b just today. But I want to try canada for holiday instead.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
British passport
Got 2 of mine us visa deniel with my previous travel document. Applied esta deniel with my british passport. I guess it was because I didn't declare the deniel on esta. So not authorised. I had to apply for us visa. Went there denied under 214 b just today. But I want to try canada for holiday instead.
You certainly qualify to apply for an eTA. Make sure you declare all of your previous refusals.

If possible, wait a number of months before applying for the eTA since the US refusal is so recent.

Sador

Jan 21, 2018
Hi paul
I went through same scenario, Student visa refused in uk but decision overturned during the tribunal appeal on 2 occasion.
I frogot to disclose to cic as well and later informed them
Message me if you need help
Was your application successful?

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I am in similar boat. I had US B1 visa rejection 9 years ago but immediately reapplied after one week and got the same.

I travelled Canada in 2015 on TRV and in TRV app I did not mention about US visa rejection. Now I have applied for Canada PR and haven't mentioned the rejection in this PR app too. What should I do, should I explain it in a CSE?
Hi, Rahul, did you mentioned about your US visa rejection to IRCC and if yes, did you faced any problem or was lucky to receive PR

Tasfiaahmed

May 3, 2019
hi,
I applied for canada study permit back in nov2019 for jan intake but unfortunately my visa got refused because I forgot to mention about my previous visa refusal of Australia back in 2015. As I was a minor my parents filled up my form and in 2017 I got the Australian visa. So I totally for that I had a visa rejection. I just turned 18last year. So This time I applied for the study permit again for September intake mentioning my previous visa refusals and why I failed to mention it as it was a genuine mistake by me . My question is what are the chances of me getting the visa this time?