+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention previous visa refusal

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
hi,

Need your help and advise on this, I have forgot to mention in my TRV application that I was refused US visit visa 11 years back, the refusal was due to travel history, what should I do now, the application was refused on a different passport.

thanks

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Wael_ar said:
hi,

Need your help and advise on this, I have forgot to mention in my TRV application that I was refused US visit visa 11 years back, the refusal was due to travel history, what should I do now, the application was refused on a different passport.

thanks
You have got yourself in a soup. You need to open a case specific inquiry and send this amendment as soon as possible. Sadly, there is a good chance you will be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Wael_ar said:
hi,

this ban will still be there even if I send the amendment?

thanks
If they see the amendment before they go through your case file, there is a chance - otherwise most likely not.

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
I was reading the forum and saw posts of members also forgetting this and they were granted a visa, not sure if this will be my case also, this was 11 years back, not sure if they will check this.

anyway, if there will be a ban, then I will have to look for another country to spend my vacation :D

thanks

Reactions: naaz12

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Not sure about that, but all the recent cases on this forum where people wrongly selected the "visa not refused" option were banned for 5 years, despite the amendment.

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
ohh I see, it seems they are a bit concerned on this part, anyway it is my mistake I need to live with its consequences, let us hope for the best.

thanks again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Wael_ar

Did you apply online or was it a paper submission?

The US and Canada share information about third-party nationals who apply for a visa/permit to either country. This is a serious matter. It does not matter if your US refusal was for an earlier passport. All your details are present on the database.

You must send a Case Specific Enquiry immediately.... to avoid the possibility of being banned for 5 years from entering Canada for misrepresentation.

if there will be a ban, then I will have to look for another country to spend my vacation
Apart from a possible 5-years ban from entering Canada.... you will be jeopardizing/lowering the chances of getting visas for any other country in the future.... because you will have to declare the ban + visa refusals whenever you apply.

You can still avoid a 5-years ban and its consequences if you inform the visa office about the mistake immediately

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
@Bryanna

it was a paper form, I am afraid if I send this form now, they will delay my application, as they have my passport ( submitted during the application at VFS) and will need it soon for another travel.

what do you think I should write in the letter.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mr. Optimistic said:
Is it not refusal in the last 10 years?
No, it is not for refusals in the last 10 years.

For this question about visa refusals/entry denied, the TRV Application Guide on the CIC website states: Check the box to indicate if you have ever:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wael_ar said:
it was a paper form, I am afraid if I send this form now, they will delay my application, as they have my passport ( submitted during the application at VFS) and will need it soon for another travel.

what do you think I should write in the letter.
I suggest that you inform the visa office immediately about the mistake..... it is better to have your travel plans delayed than to live with a 5-years ban and its consequences.... when you still have an opportunity to avoid it.

Not sure how prompt Case Specific Enquiries are in such matters.... we have seen a recent case, where someone informed the visa office well before Procedural Fairness letters were issued, and yet received 5-years ban.

IMO, you must immediately:
1. Send a Case Specific Enquiry giving details about your TRV application, the US B1/B2 refusal, your previous passport details, etc

2. Also, send the same information in an email, marked 'Urgent'.... to the email address of the visa office that's responsible for your TRV processing

3. Prepare a letter with the same details and give it to the VFS staff..... your Name, Passport Number, TRV application date, etc should be stated on the envelope.... marked 'Urgent'

You must mention that you misread Question 2 of the Background Information section.... that it was a genuine mistake on your part .... it was totally unintentional.

You must also state that you are informing the visa office about this mistake of your own accord.... and CIC has NOT contacted you nor requested you for this information

Cheers

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
I have sent a case specific enquiry, but I do not have the details of the US B1/B2 and my passport details, it was 11 years ago, I have forgot all the details , any way I sent the enquiry, and I will email them the same also.

thanks a lot for the advise.

Regards

Ozzi9

Jun 27, 2012
Hi. Wael_ar
Did cic contacted you back after you made inquiry bout refusal???
My application for pr under express enrty in under process for 5 months already and i also forgot to mention about us visit visa refusal. Now im also thinking to inform them through case based inquiry form.

Were you issued visa by cic??

Thanks
Wael_ar said:
I have sent a case specific enquiry, but I do not have the details of the US B1/B2 and my passport details, it was 11 years ago, I have forgot all the details , any way I sent the enquiry, and I will email them the same also.

thanks a lot for the advise.

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, he was issued a TRV after he contacted CIC to avoid the misrepresentation issue.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finally-got-the-trv-approved-t453619.0.html;msg5473649#msg5473649