forgot to mention previous visa refusal

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello guys!!!

I got rejected for US visa back in 1998 and i was only 10 years old. I know i can mention that i got rejected but i do not remember the exact reason for refusal. Do i need to write the correct reason for refusal in details section? as far as i rem they jjust returned back the passport and didnt give any letter for rejection back then.

please hellPPPPPP!!!!

Hey did you find out your answer? I think you can request a record of the visa refusal from the US consulate that you applied from.

abdel65

Feb 14, 2017
hello everybody,

in 1990 I have been refused a visitor visa for CANADA
Now after 28 years, I am an USA Green Card holder and I plan to apply for eTA to visit CANADA

I want to mention this (very old) visa refusal in the my current eTA application,
but unfortunately I don't have any details about it.
The only info I m certain of is the year, it was in 1990.

What do you advise me here?
What do you think if I don't mention it because it is too old?
Thanks in advance.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
hello everybody,

Now after 28 years, I am an USA Green Card holder and I plan to apply for eTA to visit CANADA

I want to mention this (very old) visa refusal in the my current eTA application,

Thanks in advance.
I think you should definitely mention it.
And just write down the dates you were refused the visa .

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everybody,

Thanks in advance.
Yes you should mention about any refusal

zOk

May 8, 2018
i did the same mistake for trv visa application but at that time i am lucky and got trv.Now i applied for study permit but this time i corrected my previous mistake .How it impacts my current application?please help me
@Wael_ar

Did you apply online or was it a paper submission?

The US and Canada share information about third-party nationals who apply for a visa/permit to either country. This is a serious matter. It does not matter if your US refusal was for an earlier passport. All your details are present on the database.

You must send a Case Specific Enquiry immediately.... to avoid the possibility of being banned for 5 years from entering Canada for misrepresentation.

Apart from a possible 5-years ban from entering Canada.... you will be jeopardizing/lowering the chances of getting visas for any other country in the future.... because you will have to declare the ban + visa refusals whenever you apply.

You can still avoid a 5-years ban and its consequences if you inform the visa office about the mistake immediately

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i did the same mistake for trv visa application but at that time i am lucky and got trv.Now i applied for study permit but this time i corrected my previous mistake .How it impacts my current application?please help me
Hope you have included a separate explanation about not declaring the visa refusal in your TRV application due to genuine oversight

Reactions: Mpmp

zOk

May 8, 2018
Hope you have included a separate explanation about not declaring the visa refusal in your TRV application due to genuine oversight
No i just attached my previous refusal letter.Nothing mention about my previous mistake in SOP.Its been 7 week i didn't get any response from canadian embassy

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No i just attached my previous refusal letter.Nothing mention about my previous mistake in SOP.Its been 7 week i didn't get any response from canadian embassy
I recommend you send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form + an email to your local visa office.... with an explanation for not declaring the visa refusal in your TRV application. You would not want your current TRV to be cancelled or worse, to be considered as obtained by misrepresentation

zOk

May 8, 2018
I recommend you send a Case Specific Enquiry/web form + an email to your local visa office.... with an explanation for not declaring the visa refusal in your TRV application. You would not want your current TRV to be cancelled or worse, to be considered as obtained by misrepresentation
still they consider it misrepresentation?i have disclose my previous refusal in this application.i consult with my friends and they advised me to correct my mistake in your new application and don't make them notice by writing explaination. i got refusal from uk but later got visa from uk .Currently i am in uk .i did mistake because of lack concentration during filling form. Later i realized my mistake before i can do anything i got TRv approval within 3 days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
still they consider it misrepresentation?i have disclose my previous refusal in this application.i consult with my friends and they advised me to correct my mistake in your new application and don't make them notice by writing explaination. i got refusal from uk but later got visa from uk .Currently i am in uk .i did mistake because of lack concentration during filling form. Later i realized my mistake before i can do anything i got TRv approval within 3 days
I do recall a case where valid visas were cancelled some years later after IRCC realized that a previous visa refusal had not been declared.

You would want to declare your UK refusal by sending the CSE before IRCC takes a decision on your study permit and notices the mismatch in your applications

zOk

May 8, 2018
I do recall a case where valid visas were cancelled some years later after IRCC realized that a previous visa refusal had not been declared.

You would want to declare your UK refusal by sending the CSE before IRCC takes a decision on your study permit and notices the mismatch in your applications
i did email to visa office london but CSE is not working and showing me sending failed.i emailed to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca. any further suggestion?

zOk

May 8, 2018
There's no email address for the London visa office. You've sent a CSE so that would suffice
I also got reply previously from this email.when i used CSE and CSE now showing me sending failed.
i got reply from this email address as it says
Your enquiry has been received by the London visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. Film/Media crews travelling on short notice will receive a response within 5 days. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.