+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

errespicio

Mar 28, 2018
Hi, newbie lang po. My husband and I are planning to start our Express entry application. mas okay po ba na mag bayad na lang ng agency or we can process our own po? Sb kasi nila may mga ways sila to increase our points aside sa IELTS. btw, we are currently working in Dubai. So ung agency na nakita namin is based dito.

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi, newbie lang po. My husband and I are planning to start our Express entry application. mas okay po ba na mag bayad na lang ng agency or we can process our own po? Sb kasi nila may mga ways sila to increase our points aside sa IELTS. btw, we are currently working in Dubai. So ung agency na nakita namin is based dito.
Kung sa tingin nyo po straightforward naman yung files/application nyo better mag self-apply nalang kayo. From what I have heard it will cost you around 8k-10k AED for agency. Andito naman na sa forum lahat ng information na kailangan niyo para maintindihan yung process ng EE.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Like job offer? They are fraud kapag sinabi nila yan. You can do it by yourself as long as you research diligently.

This forum is already a great help for us. Good luck.

errespicio

Mar 28, 2018
Kung sa tingin nyo po straightforward naman yung files/application nyo better mag self-apply nalang kayo. From what I have heard it will cost you around 8k-10k AED for agency. Andito naman na sa forum lahat ng information na kailangan niyo para maintindihan yung process ng EE.

They are asking for 8k aed. Medyo tempted ako tbh kasi 100% yung assurance daw na makukuhanan nila kami ng PR. Since member daw sila ng IRCC hindi nila sisirain yung name nila. But based sa pagkakaintindi ko to gain points, kami lang ang may capabilities to gain additional points at there's no way na makukuhanan nila kami.

errespicio

Mar 28, 2018
Like job offer? They are fraud kapag sinabi nila yan. You can do it by yourself as long as you research diligently.

This forum is already a great help for us. Good luck.

I appreciate those reponse I received. upon checking, lacking pa ko ng mga 40 points kahit maka kuha ako ng CIb9. Worth it b to try?

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
They are asking for 8k aed. Medyo tempted ako tbh kasi 100% yung assurance daw na makukuhanan nila kami ng PR. Since member daw sila ng IRCC hindi nila sisirain yung name nila. But based sa pagkakaintindi ko to gain points, kami lang ang may capabilities to gain additional points at there's no way na makukuhanan nila kami.
Well ang advantage lang ng agency atleast for me is yung process at paper works alam na nila. Pero besides that, they cannot speed up the process for you as well as give you 100% assurance na makakareceive kayo ng PR. Regarding sa points, there are ways to increase your points. Easiest way is IELTS, meron din PNP kung qualified or in demand yung NOC mo.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I appreciate those reponse I received. upon checking, lacking pa ko ng mga 40 points kahit maka kuha ako ng CIb9. Worth it b to try?
Yes. Creating a profile is free. Start gathering the required documents like ECA, then mag-review for IELTS. Read and practice is the key to gain high bands in IELTS. Good luck.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
This is true. You’ll only gain points through your own merits. I attended a seminar in a quite popular agency endorsed by a celebrity (nasa Youtube Ads na nga sila eh). I was also tempted to sign-up pero masyado silang pushy sa pagbabayad so I ditched them off. Then I saw this forum, which I am very thankful.

Another big disadvantage of going through an agency or consultancy is you will not have full control of your profile. You will always be at their mercy when you want to know the status of your application, so beware.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
My 2 cents: If you are dead set on applying and are willing to take the time to research online about express entry, I say go for it independently. It saved quite a bit for me and my husband.

But...

If you are the type of person who needs guidance and reassurance every step of the way you might be better off with an immigration consultancy... It will cost you a hefty sum tho. And beware of frauds as the others said.

Everything is online. If you are willing to research, kaya and fulfilling to do it alone.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Reactions: muggle84

muggle84

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, by any chance is there anybody landing in Calgary by April? I'm looking for new friends to connect with Canada.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
That "100% assurance" is a big red flag for me, no one is assured of a PR. :)

Good to check here too: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html

You'll save a lot by not using an agency, but if you're willing to pay for guidance, nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: angelistamaria

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Just wanted to share for those who are about to fly and are tying loose ends like myself:

SSS CONTRIBUTION AND BILATERAL AGREEMENT WITH CANADA
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/cpp-international/philippines.html
You might want to continue your SSS. If you contribute to both countries, due to the bilateral agreement, you can get pension once qualified, in both!
Hi again everyone! I quoted my own post above because I wanted to share an update about it. (If you want to read the whole and very very long post, just click on the up-arrow in the quotation)...

SSS has discontinued the auto-debit method of getting our contributions. We had initially wanted to pursue this method and leave about 3 years' worth of SSS contributions plus the minimum maintaining balance in our local bank accounts because (1) we will not need to rely on relatives here to pay our SSS for us--- spare them the hassle, and (2) the auto-debit activity will prevent bank account dormancy. However, since SSS has now adopted a new system of collection, our only remaining options were to have our relatives pay for us or remit from Canada (which of course entails fees and deductions). So we chose the former and our sister was thankfully willing to do the task regularly for us. On the matter of bank dormancy, we decided to still keep the pre-determined 3-year SSS + minimum maintaining and do online transfers to our sibling's account to prevent dormancy. We'll replenish the funds in our local bank every few years by wire-transfer to our own accounts, which also prevents dormancy.

Again, sorry for the long post. I like sharing things that I am learning. Kind of like the see one, do one, teach one approach... I do hope this helps and please share if you have any other ideas and tips!

Reactions: babyfreeverse

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for the tips and the sharing! Super helpful! Tagal ko na di nagbabayad ng sss eversince I left Pinas! Somehow you've convinced me to start again (yung SUV downpayment) haha!

Hi again everyone! I quoted my own post above because I wanted to share an update about it. (If you want to read the whole and very very long post, just click on the up-arrow in the quotation)...

SSS has discontinued the auto-debit method of getting our contributions. We had initially wanted to pursue this method and leave about 3 years' worth of SSS contributions plus the minimum maintaining balance in our local bank accounts because (1) we will not need to rely on relatives here to pay our SSS for us--- spare them the hassle, and (2) the auto-debit activity will prevent bank account dormancy. However, since SSS has now adopted a new system of collection, our only remaining options were to have our relatives pay for us or remit from Canada (which of course entails fees and deductions). So we chose the former and our sister was thankfully willing to do the task regularly for us. On the matter of bank dormancy, we decided to still keep the pre-determined 3-year SSS + minimum maintaining and do online transfers to our sibling's account to prevent dormancy. We'll replenish the funds in our local bank every few years by wire-transfer to our own accounts, which also prevents dormancy.

Again, sorry for the long post. I like sharing things that I am learning. Kind of like the see one, do one, teach one approach... I do hope this helps and please share if you have any other ideas and tips!

Reactions: angelistamaria

pollynew

Mar 11, 2016
Hello!

I am new to this thread. I just received my ITA. I was wondering if anyone of you submitted additional documents aside from the mandatory reference letter for proof of work experience? If yes, what documents are those?

Also, would CIC request for additional documents from me if I only submitted the reference letter? Thank you.

Reactions: markmark1983