+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded pre-arrival services program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Also landed at YVR. My experience was:
1. General immigration - prepare your passport and declaration (they have electronic kiosks there so you actually don't need the paper version). Say you're a new immigrant, you'll be instructed to get your checked in luggage then proceed to the separate immigration area
2. Get you luggage
3. Go to the separate immigration area - general check of landing docs including POF. Took me around 10-15 mins (+ lining up time). Then welcome to Canada!
4. Pass by customs if you have anything to declare, otherwise, you can proceed to go out into the arrival area.

Since I also had an overnight layover, I decided to go to Vancouver downtown for a few hours (accessible by train) then spent the night at the airport. A few restos at YVR are 24hrs. There are also paid luggage storage counters at YVR, I left my stuff there (before heading downtown) and claimed it the next morning before my domestic flight.
Thanks @arthurmr! We also have overnight layover so this helps a lot. We've gotten an inexpensive hotel booking so at least we don't have to bunk down in the airport and we can go around downtown. I was most worried about when we would get our luggage from the carousel/belt -- before or after the separate immigration area. You alleviated all my fears, hehe.

Last edited:
Reactions: arthurmr

Gherin530

Nov 4, 2017
Hello po. Lahat po ba ng malapit na sa ppr makakareceive agad ng pre arrival? In my case po kasi IP2 na ako last feb 27 pa pero til now wala pang PPR . May nabasa po kasi ako na pre arrival muna bago ppr?

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hello po. Lahat po ba ng malapit na sa ppr makakareceive agad ng pre arrival? In my case po kasi IP2 na ako last feb 27 pa pero til now wala pang PPR . May nabasa po kasi ako na pre arrival muna bago ppr?
If you mean yung pre-arrival na message na dadating sa EE account mo? Not necessarily. May mga nabasa din ako sa forum na di siya accurate na "step" before PPR. naka-6 months na ba yung application mo? Malapit na yan, IP2 na eh :)

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
If you mean yung pre-arrival na message na dadating sa EE account mo? Not necessarily. May mga nabasa din ako sa forum na di siya accurate na "step" before PPR. naka-6 months na ba yung application mo? Malapit na yan, IP2 na eh :)
Did you mean pre-arrival services? Those are free classroom sessions or correspondence/online services for you to start preparing for your arrival. I think they are all free. Lapit na yan. Good things to those who wait!

Gherin530

Nov 4, 2017
Wala pa naman pong 6 months.

Here's my timeline
Application received (Saskatchewan) october 27, 2017
Nomination january 20, 2018
ITA- january 25, 2018
AOR- january 31, 2018
IP1-feb 13, 2018
Med passed- feb 16, 2018
NA2- feb 17, 2018
IP2-feb 27, 2018

Until now wala pa pong ppr. Yung ibang mga ip2s nung feb 27 nakuha na nila. I don't know kung bakit antagal nung akin based sa ibang nakakuha na marerecieve agad yun ang pinakamatagal ay 20 days na
Anyone po na ganito din ang sitwasyon?

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Wala pa naman pong 6 months.

Here's my timeline
Application received (Saskatchewan) october 27, 2017
Nomination january 20, 2018
ITA- january 25, 2018
AOR- january 31, 2018
IP1-feb 13, 2018
Med passed- feb 16, 2018
NA2- feb 17, 2018
IP2-feb 27, 2018

Until now wala pa pong ppr. Yung ibang mga ip2s nung feb 27 nakuha na nila. I don't know kung bakit antagal nung akin based sa ibang nakakuha na marerecieve agad yun ang pinakamatagal ay 20 days na
Anyone po na ganito din ang sitwasyon?
Oh mabilis processing ng sayo. Sa manila ba ang visa office mo? Kasi minsan depende sa visa office, kung manila medyo mabagal. Mga mabibilis nung time ko SG saka HK. nacheck mo na ba yung tracker para makita mo kung ano trend ng mga nagpass around that time? PNP usually takes 6 months from ITA. Mas mabagal sa FSW (direct ITA) yung PNP applications for eAPR.

Gherin530

Nov 4, 2017
Wait ko pa yung response ng cic ottawa. Nag inquire ako dun kung saan prinaprocess yung file ko. Saka I also ordered notes. According sa gckey ko we are processing your background check after medicals passed so I assumed na ip2 na po ako. Nagtataka lang ako kasi masyado ng matagal to get the ppr

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Oh mabilis processing ng sayo. Sa manila ba ang visa office mo? Kasi minsan depende sa visa office, kung manila medyo mabagal. Mga mabibilis nung time ko SG saka HK. nacheck mo na ba yung tracker para makita mo kung ano trend ng mga nagpass around that time? PNP usually takes 6 months from ITA. Mas mabagal sa FSW (direct ITA) yung PNP applications for eAPR.
Not really. SG is next to London sa kabagalan. Last PPR for PNP from SGVO was 03-Jan, next was mine on 08-Mar. Ganyan sila kabagal. Kahit passport stamping, it takes them 3-5 weeks, whereas MVO takes less than 5 days. Well, mine is really not straightforward case pero mabagal talaga sila hehehe.

Last year, SGVO stopped processing PNP applications for 6 months, based from the tracker. They only resumed in Sep.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Wait ko pa yung response ng cic ottawa. Nag inquire ako dun kung saan prinaprocess yung file ko. Saka I also ordered notes. According sa gckey ko we are processing your background check after medicals passed so I assumed na ip2 na po ako. Nagtataka lang ako kasi masyado ng matagal to get the ppr
They did say notes is only applicable if you have exceeded the 6th month mark. You can see my timeline, PNP din ako. Took me 3 months from ITA to PPR tapos sa HKVO pa ako na isa sa pinakamabilis. Don't worry malapit lapit na yan, pinakamatagal from IP2 to PPR, months and months yan for sure. Buti nga hindi tayo nasasama sa security screening at hindi naman tayo galing sa bansa tulad ng Iran, etc.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
General feedback lang yung sa mga transitions, pero sa possible na di rin masunod. More or less yung 6 months pa rin yung overall.

bluesteel31

Apr 8, 2014
hi guys! i am from FSWP batch 2014, gusto ko lang icheck anong CRS na ba ang binibigyan nila these days ng invitation to apply? nung panahon kc namen basta naka 67pts ok na, but since EE na mjo lost na ako. hehe.. gusto ko din kasi makasunod yung kapatid ko dito(base sa CIC calculator may 425pts siya). Salamat sa mga sasagot.

Just a little advice according to experience, waiting game lang ang approval ng migration so habang nanjan pa kayo kung nasaan man kayo, ienjoy niyo muna. pagdating dito mamimiss niyo for sure yung mga taong kasama niyo and the cold (freaking cold weather) does not help. Good Luck sa lahat ng mga naghihintay.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
hi guys! i am from FSWP batch 2014, gusto ko lang icheck anong CRS na ba ang binibigyan nila these days ng invitation to apply? nung panahon kc namen basta naka 67pts ok na, but since EE na mjo lost na ako. hehe.. gusto ko din kasi makasunod yung kapatid ko dito(base sa CIC calculator may 425pts siya). Salamat sa mga sasagot.

Just a little advice according to experience, waiting game lang ang approval ng migration so habang nanjan pa kayo kung nasaan man kayo, ienjoy niyo muna. pagdating dito mamimiss niyo for sure yung mga taong kasama niyo and the cold (freaking cold weather) does not help. Good Luck sa lahat ng mga naghihintay.
Hi!
The last draw was March 14, 2018 where they issued 3,000 invitations, the lowest points were at 456. Right now, ang style kasi is they decide how many invitations to issue first (eg, 3,000- so the top ranking 3,000 will get an ITA). If marami kayo at the lowest rank (e.g. may 20 people na lowest sa top 3,000 have 456 points and they only need 5 more to fill the 3,000 quota), those with the earlier applications receive the ITA.

You can actually check here regularly for updates kung anung points na ang draws: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html

Good luck to your sibling! Sana makasunod siya sa inyo. Baka maka add kayo ng points via PN! Any practical advice on how we can battle the cold? Lapit na kasi kami mag fly to Edmonton ng husband ko... sub-zero pa rin minsan sa accuweather app yung temps and it's nearly April. Gosh!

Thanks,
A

bluesteel31

Apr 8, 2014
Hi!
The last draw was March 14, 2018 where they issued 3,000 invitations, the lowest points were at 456. Right now, ang style kasi is they decide how many invitations to issue first (eg, 3,000- so the top ranking 3,000 will get an ITA). If marami kayo at the lowest rank (e.g. may 20 people na lowest sa top 3,000 have 456 points and they only need 5 more to fill the 3,000 quota), those with the earlier applications receive the ITA.

You can actually check here regularly for updates kung anung points na ang draws: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html

Good luck to your sibling! Sana makasunod siya sa inyo. Baka maka add kayo ng points via PN! Any practical advice on how we can battle the cold? Lapit na kasi kami mag fly to Edmonton ng husband ko... sub-zero pa rin minsan sa accuweather app yung temps and it's nearly April. Gosh!

Thanks,
A
Wow antaas naman pala ng kelangan na CRS para ma invite. But I'll definitely check the link. THANKS Angel. Good luck din sa inyo ng hubby mo.

Here are a few tips:

Winter is a long and gruelling season! You NEED to check your weather app before going out para icheck kung may snow storm, freezing rain or fog. Lookout for the 'wind chill/feels like' and imatch dito ang OOTD. Don't underestimate the cold, it is always better to overdress rather than freeze out there dahil nagkulang suot mo. If possible, choose a car that has heated seats(uusok pa din bibig mo kahit nasa loob ka na ng car, pramis ganun kalamig!!). Most people stay indoors during winter, so pak na pak ang mga indoor activities/parties, books, tfc and netflix. But that's the time na pwede mo din maenjoy ang toboganing or skiing (if you love the open cold). You can also go to your nearest YMCA kung gusto mo mag swimming, basketball or mag gym. So basically just find things that you love to do like a hobby habang naghihintay ng spring/summer. And when summer comes puro backyard party na yan, visit parks, camping and mga rib fest. Make the most of it coz the warm weather doesn't last too long.