+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

Miles79

Nov 27, 2017
What is certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory in skilled trade? Where can I get this certificate as I'm outside of Canada? Is this the same with ECA?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi again, everyone!

Sharing again! For those still employed, you might want to look into your company's rewards programs before resigning to move to Canada.

I was able to redeem points from one of our employee rewards programs for gift cards that I could use in Canada. Instead of settling for stuff on the local arm (Lazada products) of the rewards, I was able to get two (2) reloadable Tim Horton gift cards with CAD 10 each in them and two moderate-value gift cards for Hudson's Bay and Home outfitters. The Tim's gift cards were great but it was the other gift cards that would make it easier for us to settle in-- I don't need to pack spoons or saucepans and stuff! Tipid pa when we land in Canada because that's less cash I need to shell out for kitchenware, linens, etc. Of course, I checked first if there are branches of Home Outfitters where we will be staying at.

Luckily, I am employed in large a multi-national company which has this program. I hope those whose employers' profiles are similar to mine will also look into this and take advantage of your rewards before leaving your job to go to Canada.

Kaya natin 'to, mga kabayan! Cheers!
A

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
What is certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory in skilled trade? Where can I get this certificate as I'm outside of Canada? Is this the same with ECA?
What NOC did you put in? Did you list a regulated trade/profession?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi everyone!

I have a question for those that landed via the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in Richmond, BC: after disembarking from the aircraft, what's next? Immigration/ Landing interview or getting your baggage?

Our onward/connecting flight to Edmonton (YEG) isnt until the next day.

Thanks in advance!

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
Generally if you can prove the hours and employment (aside from job desc), then should be fine. Doesn't really matter where the company HQ is based. Best case yung COE and/or letter from supervisor, but I've read somewhere you can provide a combination of proof. Note the required information for the reference letter, then focus on completing that per company.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
thank you @arthurmr ! For the letter of reference, is it okay na humingi na ako agad kahit wala pa akong ITA? Matagal kasi talaga mag reply yung employer ko from US so balak ko hihingi na ako in advance. Though baka magka-issue kasi if ever makakuha ako ng ITA, yung date ng letter from my employer is from months before pa.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
thank you @arthurmr ! For the letter of reference, is it okay na humingi na ako agad kahit wala pa akong ITA? Matagal kasi talaga mag reply yung employer ko from US so balak ko hihingi na ako in advance. Though baka magka-issue kasi if ever makakuha ako ng ITA, yung date ng letter from my employer is from months before pa.
What is your CRS? If you think matagal pa bago ka maka-receive ng ITA, I suggest request it a later time.

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
What is your CRS? If you think matagal pa bago ka maka-receive ng ITA, I suggest request it a later time.
hi @iamxty my crs is currently at 419, so feeling ko matagal pa ako makakakuha ng ITA. Thanks! It's better nga siguro to ask kapag nakakuha na ako para hindi magka issue.

Also, need rin ba ng ITR pag nagpasa?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
hi @iamxty my crs is currently at 419, so feeling ko matagal pa ako makakakuha ng ITA. Thanks! It's better nga siguro to ask kapag nakakuha na ako para hindi magka issue.

Also, need rin ba ng ITR pag nagpasa?
ITR is not required.

I submitted first 3 months and last 6 months as additional proof of employment, but this is also not required, if you deem that the reference letter is enough as proof. Anyway, CIC may request for additional documents if they needed more.

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
Hello, Mga Kababayan!

If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number,
I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded pre-arrival services program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

arbra

Jul 17, 2017
Hi All,
Me tanong po sana ako... Balak po sana namin mag land just to complete the PR process then balik naalng para completely mag move to Canada.
Sa 1st landing, kelangan ba dalhin na namin yung funds or pede kahit sa 2nd?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi All,
Me tanong po sana ako... Balak po sana namin mag land just to complete the PR process then balik naalng para completely mag move to Canada.
Hi!
You need proof of funds. If I am not mistaken, the primary applicant must show POF on landing. Whether you actually have the funds during your first landing may not be important (according to another group of internationals I am part of, all of those of who landed were not asked to show the funds themselves, just proof or were not even asked at all). If you plan to take it with you during your second landing [instead of your first (soft) landing], you need at least updated bank certificates to prove that you have these funds under your name.
Happy landing! Balitaan mo kami.
Angeli

Last edited:
Reactions: arbra

Eilresh

Mar 17, 2016
Hi All,
Hello, I finished my landing last week in Pearson Airport, POF was not asked, I brought a copy of updated bank statements just in case hanapin.

I proactively asked the officer about POF and told her that I'm not comfortable carrying cash during long flights and risk losing the money to theft and she said that it's not a problem as long as I can still access the money when I'm in Canada. Transferring the money online will do.

Although you must absolutely declare if you are carrying cash of $10,000 and above for customs purposes.

Last edited:

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Guys, meron ba ditong Accounting ang background? we have a temporary job opening for 6 months. let me know if you are interested. nasa Indeed din yung postings. we are located in GTA.

Reactions: babyfreeverse

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have a question for those that landed via the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in Richmond, BC: after disembarking from the aircraft, what's next? Immigration/ Landing interview or getting your baggage?

Our onward/connecting flight to Edmonton (YEG) isnt until the next day.

Thanks in advance!
Also landed at YVR. My experience was:
1. General immigration - prepare your passport and declaration (they have electronic kiosks there so you actually don't need the paper version). Say you're a new immigrant, you'll be instructed to get your checked in luggage then proceed to the separate immigration area
2. Get you luggage
3. Go to the separate immigration area - general check of landing docs including POF. Took me around 10-15 mins (+ lining up time). Then welcome to Canada!
4. Pass by customs if you have anything to declare, otherwise, you can proceed to go out into the arrival area.

Since I also had an overnight layover, I decided to go to Vancouver downtown for a few hours (accessible by train) then spent the night at the airport. A few restos at YVR are 24hrs. There are also paid luggage storage counters at YVR, I left my stuff there (before heading downtown) and claimed it the next morning before my domestic flight.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Yup, best practice is to have everything ready even before ITA para konti na lang aasikasuhin mo. A few months difference shouldn't matter, unless may significant change sa job description mo syempre. The sooner you complete the ITA, the sooner your papers get processed (aside from the ITA 90-day deadline). Generally if you're confident you can secure the docs within the 90-day deadline, then go lang.