+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Found this online, mukhang ibang document pa yan (which I don't have) for insurance purposes, at least based on this site: https://pinoy-canada.com/how-to-get-lto-certificate-and-a-discount-on-insurance-premiums/

Yung sa DFA is the driving history part. Yung claim stub from LTO lang ang ippresent mo na document. Then payment, verify info, etc. In the end, DFA magbibigay nung LTO certification with DFA certification (aka red ribbon).

LTO cert looks something like this: https://pinoy-canada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/abstract.png
DFA naman: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uO7vlsjisdw/VpuFj7XMqmI/AAAAAAAAAB4/uuh0iP3KIG4/1453008518999.jpg

@arthurmr, yep, I have the LTO cert. Regarding dun sa DFA not sure kung ok na yung ako na mismo magdadala dun and request for authentication...
based dun sa website:

https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/authentication

May 2 procedures:

So I think, I will go with the Individually Filed Documents since I have the LTO cert already.
I will give it a try and see...ang gulo lol....

Mark

Reactions: arthurmr

nicooooo

Jan 4, 2018
@arthurmr

The post on the site says:

"LTO Certification is a document that can show the history of your driving experience in the Philippines. This is required when you try to apply for a Foreign Drivers License. The certification can only be procured at LTO Head Office, Quezon City. Only those with active or valid drivers license will be able to get one."

Not good news for applicants from Mindanao. I hope this has already changed since this was posted last July 2016. :)

Reactions: arthurmr

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
For those po na nakapagland na, we’ll be doing a soft landing on March. Questions lang po about pof. since we are not yet planning to settle, we dont plan to bring all our funds. Acceptable po ba na bank statements ang proof of funds? I’ve read na tinatanong dw magkano ang funds na dala mo upon landing. If acceptable ang bank statements, how to answer this question if we are only bringin in few thousands?

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
For those po na nakapagland na, we’ll be doing a soft landing on March. Questions lang po about pof. since we are not yet planning to settle, we dont plan to bring all our funds. Acceptable po ba na bank statements ang proof of funds? I’ve read na tinatanong dw magkano ang funds na dala mo upon landing. If acceptable ang bank statements, how to answer this question if we are only bringin in few thousands?
Soft landing, meaning you'll leave again? Hmm I think as far as the IRCC is concerned, a landing is a landing, so only monetary instruments are accepted. A bank statement is not as such. W/o the funds, possible ma-deny kayo ng entry.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hello, may nag landing na ba and needed to show birth certificates, marriage cert? Kasi birth cert and marriage cert naming mag asawa NSO pa. PSA na pala ngayon, di ko alam kung magiging problema ba yun.

Thanks sa makakasagot.

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi all. Nag-ask na ako dito before regarding my expiring IELTS results (June 17, 2018) and someone recommended to re-take it before it expires. However, I received an NOI from Ontario earlier this month but I don't know whether I should go and apply. I plan to schedule another IELTS exam around May, may impact ba ito sa OINP application ko if ever? Is it going to be as simple as updating my EE profile with my new test scores? My current CRS is 436. Iniisip ko baka may effect siya sa application kung bumaba ang IELTS scores ko. =/

Another option I'm looking at is, hayaan ko na lang yung NOI. and just wait for future draws baka mapili pa ang 436... para di na gumastos ng $1500 for OINP hehe. What do you think?

Sorry ang daming tanong hehe.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi all. Nag-ask na ako dito before regarding my expiring IELTS results (June 17, 2018) and someone recommended to re-take it before it expires. However, I received an NOI from Ontario earlier this month but I don't know whether I should go and apply. I plan to schedule another IELTS exam around May, may impact ba ito sa OINP application ko if ever? Is it going to be as simple as updating my EE profile with my new test scores? My current CRS is 436. Iniisip ko baka may effect siya sa application kung bumaba ang IELTS scores ko. =/

Another option I'm looking at is, hayaan ko na lang yung NOI. and just wait for future draws baka mapili pa ang 436... para di na gumastos ng $1500 for OINP hehe. What do you think?

It shouldnt affect your application but you have to make sure ielts is valid always kasi kahit sa application ng oinp magsusubmit ka din ng ielts. After approval from oinp, kelangan valid ang ee profile mo for ita. Pag nag expire ielts mo, deactivated na ee profile. The only time na pwede expired ielts is after you submit your eAPR.

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
It shouldnt affect your application but you have to make sure ielts is valid always kasi kahit sa application ng oinp magsusubmit ka din ng ielts. After approval from oinp, kelangan valid ang ee profile mo for ita. Pag nag expire ielts mo, deactivated na ee profile. The only time na pwede expired ielts is after you submit your eAPR.
Ah sige sige. Thank you!

Reactions: babyfreeverse

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017

Re: oinp or not, that is really up to you. Meron ako batchmate na 432 ata, nag OINP siya pero mas natagalan kasi talagang mas matagal ang oinp lagi nagrarant na dapat nag antay siya. I don't know how many months you'll need to wait for direct ITA though. Kung di ka masyado nagmamadali (age factor) better ata mag antay. Pero kung mababawasan ka na ng 5 or 11 pts (40+) due to age, suggest ko mag oinp ka na kasi 600pts yun additional. 100% guaranteed ang ita after approval ng oinp.

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
I’ll lose 6pts this May because of age. Yikes. Parang that even makes it harder to get a direct ITA haha. Decisions, decisions...

Pero thank you babyfreeverse for your inputs. Really appreciate it.

Reactions: babyfreeverse

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi, all!

Just wanted to share for those who are about to fly and are tying loose ends like myself:

LTO RED RIBBON CERTIFICATE
I read this blog (http://kulasangeles.com/getting-a-dfa-certified-lto-certification-red-ribbon) and was also advised by our friend whom we will be staying with in Alberta that it is worth it to get your LTO red ribbon certificate. This was also mentioned in our PDOS session. Granted, you should try to shake off bad (*ahem* Metro Manila *ahem*) driving habits by taking the abbreviated driving courses when you get there, but at least you won't need a licensed driver with you when you do start driving.

Here's our experience:
We went to the LTO main office in East Avenue. Parking inside the compound was difficult so we parked outside. We went straight to window 10 and the staff immediately knew what to do. After a small hiccup at the cashier (below), everything proceeded smoothly and we were given our claim stubs and claim schedule at the DFA office.

The only hiccup was the ñ in our name. My husband wrote the ñ on his form, which was not recognized by their system. We decided to drop it altogether as it does not show on your Canadian COPR anyway. To avoid any problems, follow the name as it says on your driver's license. If it needs correction, it will take additional steps.

We then went to the DFA main office in Aseana on the date we were set to claim it. Unfortunately, we wasted precious time here because, after we dropped our claim stubs in the window 19 drop box and waited to be called, in the end, they told us the system was down and to return two days later. Sheesh. I would advise to call if you are short of time. When we did return to DFA Aseana, it was a good thing my husband checked our certificates and realized his certificate was not signed. It was returned immediately to the issuing DFA agent for signing.

SSS CONTRIBUTION AND BILATERAL AGREEMENT WITH CANADA
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/cpp-international/philippines.html
You might want to continue your SSS. If you contribute to both countries, due to the bilateral agreement, you can get pension once qualified, in both!

Here's our experience:
If there's one thing I can say about the SSS main office staff, it's that they are extremely helpful. My husband and I decided to continue our SSS contribution as "voluntary members". On the same day we went to the LTO main office in East Avenue, we also walked to the SSS main office. We asked to be directed to the International Affairs office. The staff there were extremely helpful, going as far as to check our prior contributions and print us copies of brochures and maps/locations of where SSS payments are accepted in Alberta.

If you decide to continue your SSS, here are your options:
1. have family members who remain in the Philippines pay it for you (have them tick the 'overseas' status on the payment forms)
2. pay from abroad using accredited agencies
3. auto-debit from your remaining Philippine bank account

In the end, we decided on the option #3. We were directed to another office where we were provided forms. These SSS forms were to be written in triplicate, signed and verified by the bank branch where your account is domiciled (e.g. where you opened the account). In our case, my husband and I will render our last days of work less than an month before flying to Canada. Since our companies would give the contributions of our final month here, we were given the option of emailing a scanned copy of the bank branch-verified (and signed) SSS form. Meaning, SSS would only start deducting from our local bank accounts when we've already left our jobs and are actually already in Canada. We plan to keep funding the accounts by wire-transferring to it ourselves, thereby taking out the hassle for relatives in the Philippines.

Since we qualify for pension at age 60 per SSS and age 65 in Canada, when you do file for pension at age 65 in Canada, Service Canada will allegedly help with your SSS claims too. You can "retroactively" get pension from the years prior. :) Heard a rumor that someone did this and "back pension" was enough for a fully loaded SUV down payment.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post.
A

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Hi, all!

Just wanted to share for those who are about to fly and are tying loose ends like myself:

LTO RED RIBBON CERTIFICATE
I read this blog (http://kulasangeles.com/getting-a-dfa-certified-lto-certification-red-ribbon) and was also advised by our friend whom we will be staying with in Alberta that it is worth it to get your LTO red ribbon certificate. This was also mentioned in our PDOS session. Granted, you should try to shake off bad (*ahem* Metro Manila *ahem*) driving habits by taking the abbreviated driving courses when you get there, but at least you won't need a licensed driver with you when you do start driving.

Here's our experience:
We went to the LTO main office in East Avenue. Parking inside the compound was difficult so we parked outside. We went straight to window 10 and the staff immediately knew what to do. After a small hiccup at the cashier (below), everything proceeded smoothly and we were given our claim stubs and claim schedule at the DFA office.

The only hiccup was the ñ in our name. My husband wrote the ñ on his form, which was not recognized by their system. We decided to drop it altogether as it does not show on your Canadian COPR anyway. To avoid any problems, follow the name as it says on your driver's license. If it needs correction, it will take additional steps.

We then went to the DFA main office in Aseana on the date we were set to claim it. Unfortunately, we wasted precious time here because, after we dropped our claim stubs in the window 19 drop box and waited to be called, in the end, they told us the system was down and to return two days later. Sheesh. I would advise to call if you are short of time. When we did return to DFA Aseana, it was a good thing my husband checked our certificates and realized his certificate was not signed. It was returned immediately to the issuing DFA agent for signing.

SSS CONTRIBUTION AND BILATERAL AGREEMENT WITH CANADA
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/cpp-international/philippines.html
You might want to continue your SSS. If you contribute to both countries, due to the bilateral agreement, you can get pension once qualified, in both!

Here's our experience:
If there's one thing I can say about the SSS main office staff, it's that they are extremely helpful. My husband and I decided to continue our SSS contribution as "voluntary members". On the same day we went to the LTO main office in East Avenue, we also walked to the SSS main office. We asked to be directed to the International Affairs office. The staff there were extremely helpful, going as far as to check our prior contributions and print us copies of brochures and maps/locations of where SSS payments are accepted in Alberta.

If you decide to continue your SSS, here are your options:
1. have family members who remain in the Philippines pay it for you (have them tick the 'overseas' status on the payment forms)
2. pay from abroad using accredited agencies
3. auto-debit from your remaining Philippine bank account

In the end, we decided on the option #3. We were directed to another office where we were provided forms. These SSS forms were to be written in triplicate, signed and verified by the bank branch where your account is domiciled (e.g. where you opened the account). In our case, my husband and I will render our last days of work less than an month before flying to Canada. Since our companies would give the contributions of our final month here, we were given the option of emailing a scanned copy of the bank branch-verified (and signed) SSS form. Meaning, SSS would only start deducting from our local bank accounts when we've already left our jobs and are actually already in Canada. We plan to keep funding the accounts by wire-transferring to it ourselves, thereby taking out the hassle for relatives in the Philippines.

Since we qualify for pension at age 60 per SSS and age 65 in Canada, when you do file for pension at age 65 in Canada, Service Canada will allegedly help with your SSS claims too. You can "retroactively" get pension from the years prior. :) Heard a rumor that someone did this and "back pension" was enough for a fully loaded SUV down payment.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post.
A

thanks...when did you processed your LTO? My representative processed it for me, and was given the LTO certificate as well as certitficate of apprehension. I wonder if we just go straight to DFA and bring those documents to be authenticated or ? Ang gulo ha ha ha. Pero we will try, kasi dun sa website may two methods to authenticate:

INDIVIDUALLY FILED DOCUMENTS

Application

1. Proceed to the Authentication Information counter and get a queuing number.
  1. Fill out the application form from Sections A to C.
  1. Present valid ID and accomplished application form with documents for authentication upon submission to the Processing Window.
  1. Pay appropriate Authentication Fee to the Cashier.
Processing Type
Authentication Fee (Amount in Philippine Peso)

Releasing Timeframe (No. of days before Release)

Regular PHP 100 / document After 4 working days
Expedite
PHP 200 / document After 1 working day
  1. Bring official receipt and claim the authenticated document on the indicated release schedule.

Claiming of Authenticated Documents

1. Drop official receipt at the Releasing Drop Box (Door 19) and wait for your name to be called.
  1. Present valid ID and/or Special Power of Attorney (SPA) at the Releasing Window when called.
  1. Receive authenticated document.
  1. Double check the information of the Authenticated Document before leaving the DFA premises.

Eto naman yung through partner agencies, which I believe are using claim stubs:

PARTNER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES (PGA) FORWARDED DOCUMENTS (CLAIM STUB)

LIST OF PARTNER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
  • Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
  • Department of Education (DEPED)
  • Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
  • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
  • Department of Health (DOH)
  • Land Transportation Office (LTO)
  • National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
  • Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)
  • State Universities
CLAIMING OF PGA FORWARDED DOCUMENTS

1. Drop the claim stub at the Releasing Drop Box (Door 19) for the release of PGA document/s and wait for your name to be called.
  1. Present valid ID and/or Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and receive the PGA document/s at the Releasing Window.
  1. Pay the corresponding fees (Php 100/document) at the Cashier.
  1. Return document/s and official receipt at the Releasing Window (Window 14) and wait for your name to be called.
  1. Present your duplicate copy of receipt and receive the Authenticated document at the Releasing Window.
  1. Double check the information of the Authenticated Document before leaving the DFA premises.

Note:

• All PGA documents except those forwarded by CHED-NCR are transmitted directly to DFA – Office of Consular Affairs, Aseana Business Park, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue corner Bradco Avenue, Barangay Tambo, Parañaque City.
  • CHED-NCR forwarded documents are transmitted to DFA NCR Northeast, Ali Mall Government Center, Level 2, Ali Mall Cubao, Quezon City.

bjar

Aug 6, 2017
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
IELTS Request
25-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
Hi mga kabayan. I know my question has been answered already in other forums. But i would appreciate if you'll post the link here. Hehe

I will be landing this March 4 na, and i will be bringing with me some pasalubong like dried fish, noodles, canned goods and coffee. My question is will i be allowed to bring those granted that its my first entry in Canada

Secondly, i have already prepared my things and docs but i am anxious baka may nakalimutan ak0ng iprepare. Can somebody kindly post a link here for additional reference? Thank you po.

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Hi mga kabayan. I know my question has been answered already in other forums. But i would appreciate if you'll post the link here. Hehe

I will be landing this March 4 na, and i will be bringing with me some pasalubong like dried fish, noodles, canned goods and coffee. My question is will i be allowed to bring those granted that its my first entry in Canada

Secondly, i have already prepared my things and docs but i am anxious baka may nakalimutan ak0ng iprepare. Can somebody kindly post a link here for additional reference? Thank you po.
My friend advised me not to bring any foods lalo na if if new immigrant. Not sure how true is that :) Napapanood ko na din sa Borders (National Geographic) yung mga lagi naqu question sa food and they need to pay the penalty.....

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH departure:
- peso for terminal fee and travel tax
- customs declaration for funds (although for some reason, di na ito chineck at all.)

Canada arrival:
- landing papers (COPR, photos)
- customs declaration list
- monetary declaration
- ready support docs, Canadian address (for PR card) and destination (consistent location if you're PNP)

Reactions: markmark1983