+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
pacificislander said:
1. Payslips are not required pero if you have them then better. Ang nakalagay sa instruction is "upload reference letter and pay stubs if you have them." At yes kailangan naka state ang annual salary sa reference letter. COE are called reference letter sa immigration. Kung hindi annual then monthly salary is ok.

2. Kailangan may job description dahil ito ang magiging basis ng immigration officer kung ayon sa nominated NOC mo ang previous job mo. Tip is to make the job description reflecting your NOC pero DO NOT EVER copy-paste the words in the job description stated in the NOC list.

3. Usually Immediate supervisor ang pipirma or HR. Just make sure na nakalagay lahat ng contact details.
Hi, pacificislander!

Thank you po sa answers sa questions.

Ok lang po ba na dalawa ang reference letter na isubmit if ever? yung other page po is yung job description and yung salary lang? Kasi po as I mentioned po dun sa post ko, yung usual content lang po ang meron ako. I need pa po na all pages should have the company details po ano?

Thank you po ulit!

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmaple said:
Hi, pacificislander!

Thank you po sa answers sa questions.

Ok lang po ba na dalawa ang reference letter na isubmit if ever? yung other page po is yung job description and yung salary lang? Kasi po as I mentioned po dun sa post ko, yung usual content lang po ang meron ako. I need pa po na all pages should have the company details po ano?

Thank you po ulit!
As much as possible sana isang reference letter lang per employer with all the details na required. Yun kasi ang requirement sa instruction. Pero kung hindi talaga pwede, i ready mo na lang yung mga documents at yung letter of explanation why you are uploading another document. I recommend na manghingi ka na lang ng another letter with all the details para uniform lang at para hindi ka na kailangan mag explain sa immigration officer.

Chinchan

Oct 23, 2016
Hello everyone, I just have a question regarding job experience. Is remote full time(30hrs/wk) job experience counted as a job experience? I'm a graphic designer and my employer that I work for 30hrs/wk is from the USA (I'm not). My work is completely remote. My salary is just wired through paypal. Does this count as job experience?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinchan said:
Hello everyone, I just have a question regarding job experience. Is remote full time(30hrs/wk) job experience counted as a job experience? I'm a graphic designer and my employer that I work for 30hrs/wk is from the USA (I'm not). My work is completely remote. My salary is just wired through paypal. Does this count as job experience?
“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.

Chinchan

Oct 23, 2016
pacificislander said:
“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.
Yeah, I know, I was asking if my job experience would be considered as job experience since it's remote. Never been to the office, since I'm in the Philippines and the company's in the US. Considered po ba yun?

century1963

Mar 15, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinchan said:
It is not considered as work experience.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Chinchan said:
Yeah, I know, I was asking if my job experience would be considered as job experience since it's remote. Never been to the office, since I'm in the Philippines and the company's in the US. Considered po ba yun?
Can your employer provide a certificate of employment? If so, that should be OK to declare + your PayPal history + bank accounts, etc.

If you're working as a contractor, it's also possible to declare it as work experience by providing receipts, contracts, etc.

Chinchan

Oct 23, 2016
bellaluna said:
Can your employer provide a certificate of employment? If so, that should be OK to declare + your PayPal history + bank accounts, etc.

If you're working as a contractor, it's also possible to declare it as work experience by providing receipts, contracts, etc.
Thank you, I think I can provide all of that except the bank account since it's directly wired to my paypal not my bank account. So, even if I show my account, the employer's name wouldn't be there. Would that suffice? Do you reckon?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinchan said:
Thank you, I think I can provide all of that except the bank account since it's directly wired to my paypal not my bank account. So, even if I show my account, the employer's name wouldn't be there. Would that suffice? Do you reckon?
Just an opinion. In the express entry, you will be asked to upload the reference letter with the requirements such as job description, working hours, salary, benefits and pay stubs if you have them. In the event that you can not provide any of those, then you can upload a "letter of explanation" along with the supporting documents explaining why you are uploading such documents in lieu of the requirements. The challenge here is to provide as much evidence of your work and convince the immigration officer for the work that you are claiming. I think if you will not be uploading the required documents, it is for the immigration officer to decide if he will accept your claims or not. I suggest if you can gather the reference letter needed the better. To answer your question "are my document sufficient" is for the IRCC to decide. :)

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
pacificislander said:
As much as possible sana isang reference letter lang per employer with all the details na required. Yun kasi ang requirement sa instruction. Pero kung hindi talaga pwede, i ready mo na lang yung mga documents at yung letter of explanation why you are uploading another document. I recommend na manghingi ka na lang ng another letter with all the details para uniform lang at para hindi ka na kailangan mag explain sa immigration officer.
thank you, pacificislander! You're answers will help my applictaion. :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Chinchan said:
Yeah, your PayPal history is fine, but you have to show bank accounts in any case. I'd suggest showing your entire history from when you were first hired by your employer, even if it's overkill, just to show that this was a job that you were really earning from.

Chinchan

Oct 23, 2016
Thank you for your thoughts everyone! :) :)

One tiny bit of question, I'm thinking of pursuing a masters degree. And it looks like I can do it while also being fully employed since my work is remote. Under Express Entry, will my work experience count even if that experience was done while I'm also a full time student? Because I heard work experience while enrolled in an educational institution doesn't count under Canadian Experience. But since express entry is different from Canadian Experience, would it count? What do you guys think?

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
NEXT STOP CANADA: Helping New Immigrants Find out About Life in Canada

Hello, Kababayans!

I am a Filipina who immigrated from Singapore to Canada in 2015. I know the concerns a new immigrant needs to settle before coming here. I am currently volunteering for YMCA of Greater Toronto. If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada. We would be more than happy to answer your questions and help you integrate successfully to Canadian society.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

Hope you'll find this helpful and we hope to hear from you soon!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Chinchan said:
Thank you for your thoughts everyone! :) :)

One tiny bit of question, I'm thinking of pursuing a masters degree. And it looks like I can do it while also being fully employed since my work is remote. Under Express Entry, will my work experience count even if that experience was done while I'm also a full time student? Because I heard work experience while enrolled in an educational institution doesn't count under Canadian Experience. But since express entry is different from Canadian Experience, would it count? What do you guys think?
To clarify and correct your use of terms, Canadian Experience Class is also under Express Entry. CEC and FSW are eligibility criteria, EE is selection order: they control two separate things but in parallel.

The work experience during full-time studies is only relevant to CEC and Canadian work experience.

So your remote work, which is foreign (outside of Canada), while taking your masters can be counted for FSW, which you are eligible for.