+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
I see. That’s quite unfortunate.

Nevertheless, there’s another thread that gives details regarding causes for delays in processing, if that will interest you. Basically, the more simple a history/profile is, they say, the less time it should take from AOR to a decision.

Also, watch out for your instructions to have biometrics taken...

Good luck!
Thanks again for your response. Will check that thread out.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Meron po ba kayong sample ng reference letter pag cruise job ung work experience?
Hi,

Just try to have your employer comply with IRCC’s required contents when they draft your COE. The details, along with others they need for other supporting documents, may be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Good luck!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi! Question for CPAs: Can we classify our work as NOC 1111 (A), even if we don't have the Canadian CPA designation? Or we can use this NOC as long as it fits our job description/work experience?
Hi,

The NOC you choose doesn’t depend on whether you have the designation in Canada.

What’s essential is that, in the employment details provided by your employer(s), you have in fact performed >50% of the duties listed under the NOC you are claiming points for.

So if you say you have 3 years of exp in NOC 1111 in the Philippines then as an accountant you have worked 3 years fulfilling NOC 1111 equiv duties in the Philippines. More than 50 percent of those.

And all skill types (0,A,B) have equal chances of getting ITA right? I currently work as a retail buyer (B)
Yes, it’s the CRS score that matters to get the ITA. (The next step is whether you can back up all the profile claims — and that leads to PPR).

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hello fellow pinoys.

Anu po ba ang way nu sa pagpakita ng proof of funds upon landing?
My idea ksi is to open an account in Canada while im here ksi merong program ang canadian banks pra sa new immigrants.
Last time na nag PDOS ako, tinanong ko ung speaker and she adviced me to just check sa local bank if may partnership with banks in Canada.
My account is actually in Metrobank.
What do u think is the best way?
Salamat.
Most convenient ang e-transfer (aka open Canadian account online from PH then bank-to-bank) pero yun din ang most expensive sa fees. Varies per bank, pero generally may service fee + percentage of amount transferred.

Another option is to open a Canadian dollar account in the Philippines (for example with BPI, CAD is available on certain branches only). Then when you're ready to immigrate, request for a "Canadian Dollar demand draft" para walang conversion. A demand draft is basically a cheque with your name on it. (Again, only certain BPI branches can do this, check your preferred bank.) The benefit is you only need to pay for the service fee, no forex fees, no percentages. The demand draft is a monetary instrument and accepted as proof of funds.

I've personally done the demand draft method through BPI head office in Makati (both account and draft request) since yun accessible sakin before.

In Canada, I opened an account with Scotiabank and deposited the cheque. Funds were cleared in around 2 weeks, which was expected. Theoretically, demand draft from any PH bank should work with any Canadian bank, but it would help confirming the "preferred" or partner of your PH bank. (Major banks are Scotiabank, RBC, TD Bank, BMO, CIBC)

You can also use USD as proof of funds, as long as you meet or exceed the required CAD forex equivalent. Major Canadian banks have USD accounts or you can do the conversion in Canada.

For practical purposes, prepare a significant amount of CAD in cash available to you for at least a few weeks while you wait for your e-transfer or cheque to clear.

Don't forget to prepare your PH customs declaration that you're bringing more than $10k USD equivalent out of the country. Minsan hinahanap, minsan hindi. No fees or taxes to pay naman. Ang problema pag hinanap (sa airport) at wala kayo handa, pwede nila confiscate yung funds nyo.

Reactions: Jommie and gailsc83

gailsc83

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

The NOC you choose doesn’t depend on whether you have the designation in Canada.

What’s essential is that, in the employment details provided by your employer(s), you have in fact performed >50% of the duties listed under the NOC you are claiming points for.

So if you say you have 3 years of exp in NOC 1111 in the Philippines then as an accountant you have worked 3 years fulfilling NOC 1111 equiv duties in the Philippines. More than 50 percent of those.

Yes, it’s the CRS score that matters to get the ITA. (The next step is whether you can back up all the profile claims — and that leads to PPR).

Thank you for the reply! I see, that's good to hear. Will it matter if we choose an NOC that is different from our educational background? Example, a person has a bachelor's in psychology but works as a branch manager for 3 years. (So in his/her EE profile, he chooses branch manager as his primary NOC.)

I'd also like to know, if we are to receive an ITA, the reference letter is enough for proof of work experience? It's up to us if we want to submit additional proof like salary slips, tax returns, bank history, and etc.?

I'm curious, are you a PR? How was your experience? :)

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I'm curious, are you a PR? How was your experience? :)
I'm still a PR hopeful just like you. My anxiety over prepping for post-ITA has just led me do so much research. :)

I'd also like to know, if we are to receive an ITA, the reference letter is enough for proof of work experience? It's up to us if we want to submit additional proof like salary slips, tax returns, bank history, and etc.?
The payslips, I think will be most useful as proof of the history for your funds.

With your COEs, it's more for establishing whether you do have the number of years performing more than 50% of the duties that skilled workers in Canada with the same NOC as yours do perform. Also, if you work the same amount of hours (35 hours or more, I think) that full time employees do in Canada.

Thank you for the reply! I see, that's good to hear. Will it matter if we choose an NOC that is different from our educational background? Example, a person has a bachelor's in psychology but works as a branch manager for 3 years. (So in his/her EE profile, he chooses branch manager as his primary NOC.)
For this one, I can easily cite the practical example that, in real life, many people DO NOT end up working in the fields of their undergrad training.

Again, in terms of NOC it's the equivalence and years of experience that matters for you to prove your entitlement to the points you got.

---

All my responses are from my interpretation of the requirements I have researched on so far. But they might lead you the right way... or let you figure to do more research.

Good luck!

k234

May 23, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
Meron po ba ditong December AOR FSW-O? Ano na pong Status ng sa inyo? Thanks.

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Meron po ba dito mga nagaantay pa rin PPR after AOR via Express Entry?

Please reply to this thread. Meron kami grupo sa Whatsapp na lahat after AOR at nagaantay ng PPR. Pwede po kayo sumali dun. Magtulungan po tayo.

Salamat!

Reactions: JMKS

k234

May 23, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
Meron po ba dito mga nagaantay pa rin PPR after AOR via Express Entry?

Please reply to this thread. Meron kami grupo sa Whatsapp na lahat after AOR at nagaantay ng PPR. Pwede po kayo sumali dun. Magtulungan po tayo.

Salamat!
pano po sumali?

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020

Jommie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Philippines
Most convenient ang e-transfer (aka open Canadian account online from PH then bank-to-bank) pero yun din ang most expensive sa fees. Varies per bank, pero generally may service fee + percentage of amount transferred.

Another option is to open a Canadian dollar account in the Philippines (for example with BPI, CAD is available on certain branches only). Then when you're ready to immigrate, request for a "Canadian Dollar demand draft" para walang conversion. A demand draft is basically a cheque with your name on it. (Again, only certain BPI branches can do this, check your preferred bank.) The benefit is you only need to pay for the service fee, no forex fees, no percentages. The demand draft is a monetary instrument and accepted as proof of funds.

I've personally done the demand draft method through BPI head office in Makati (both account and draft request) since yun accessible sakin before.

In Canada, I opened an account with Scotiabank and deposited the cheque. Funds were cleared in around 2 weeks, which was expected. Theoretically, demand draft from any PH bank should work with any Canadian bank, but it would help confirming the "preferred" or partner of your PH bank. (Major banks are Scotiabank, RBC, TD Bank, BMO, CIBC)

You can also use USD as proof of funds, as long as you meet or exceed the required CAD forex equivalent. Major Canadian banks have USD accounts or you can do the conversion in Canada.

For practical purposes, prepare a significant amount of CAD in cash available to you for at least a few weeks while you wait for your e-transfer or cheque to clear.

Don't forget to prepare your PH customs declaration that you're bringing more than $10k USD equivalent out of the country. Minsan hinahanap, minsan hindi. No fees or taxes to pay naman. Ang problema pag hinanap (sa airport) at wala kayo handa, pwede nila confiscate yung funds nyo.
Thank you mr. Arthur for the detailed response.

I actually asked my bank about the fees is around 4k if im not mistaken. Cguro un nlng na proseso ang gagamitin ko pra hindi na ako maglabas ng malaking amount to transfer to another bank.

Thank you. See u in canada!!!

grey tyrell

Dec 15, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My question lng ako is there anyone in here na experience na mataas score ng kunti from the draw nka receive agad ng LAA?

How long bago nila isend ang LAA?
Its been a month now wla pang nrreceived n Email kung anung following step.

Almost 1 yr n ung application and what I read is that after a year ggwa ulit ng bagong application.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

k234

May 23, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
Ako po. Recieved my visa last week of April. Preparing for my landing before the year ends.
Wow. buti ka pa :) Congrats and all the best!

Reactions: Jommie