+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Biometrics, do I really need to go outside Canada?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi! I hope yoy could me an advice. I just received my BIL and I am now in Canada for 2 weeks. I know you have been in this situation. I would like to know if what happened to your application since you did not give your biometrics before the deadline. Is your TRV biometric still valid for your PR application?
I am hoping for your response. Salamat
Hi. Per the agent that I talked to, the biometrics for my TRV is already okay and they will use it for my PR app. But, I would suggest that you cal the hotline and clarify things.
On your online account, under applicant information, is the data for your biometrics already filled up with the data from your previous biometric?

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Hi. Per the agent that I talked to, the biometrics for my TRV is already okay and they will use it for my PR app. But, I would suggest that you cal the hotline and clarify things.
On your online account, under applicant information, is the data for your biometrics already filled up with the data from your previous biometric?
Yes, I have a biometrics data(the one i provided for my TrV) in my applicant information.
Did your status in you account changed after you call the hotline? Did you also send letter through webform?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Yes, I have a biometrics data(the one i provided for my TrV) in my applicant information.
Did your status in you account changed after you call the hotline? Did you also send letter through webform?
No, in fact, in my online app, the status under biometrics says that 'we have not received your fingerprints......". I have read in some forums that they also have the same case and that their status only changed when there was already a decision made on their pr app.
I did send letter through webform but the only reply I got was that they will contact me if they need anything else from me.

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
No, in fact, in my online app, the status under biometrics says that 'we have not received your fingerprints......". I have read in some forums that they also have the same case and that their status only changed when there was already a decision made on their pr app.
I did send letter through webform but the only reply I got was that they will contact me if they need anything else from me.
I just talked to the agent, she said that I cant use my previous biometrics for my PR application. Instead she advised me reply to the immigration office regarding my concern.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The agent was wrong. Biometrics for a temporary residency app cannot be used again for a PR app.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Permanent residence applicants

You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
Well, in our case we repeatedly called the CIC callcentre and raised webforms and finally we got a response that the applicant is not required to give biometrics. It was a system glitch and that is why the request for biometrics was sent. You can try doing the same thing and wait for their response.
But at the end you should do what they ask you to do.

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Hi! Did you apply for PR within Canada or Outside Canada?
Outside Canada.
Just recently, I received another reply from IRCC regarding with my request for reconsideration but unfortunately I still required to for a biometrics. they based on what it is on my records.

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
Km
Outside Canada.
Just recently, I received another reply from IRCC regarding with my request for reconsideration but unfortunately I still required to for a biometrics. they based on what it is on my records.
Hi.. If you need to exit Canada for biometrics, which country do you plan to go? Can I go with you guys? Someone advised me that Mexico would be a better option.

dushyantk

Sep 11, 2019
Is it better to withdraw my application and reapply within Canada so it can be waived?
Nope, even if was waived, it would be so stupid to withdraw after reaching that point. But anyway, as per this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a
  • foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident