+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Biometrics, do I really need to go outside Canada?

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi there..... Submitting your letter of explanation through Web Form is the best action. DO NOT LEAVE CANADA FOR BIOMETRICS. The CIC representative had told me that this letter is triggered automatically to the applicant as a part of their progress flow, or could be a mistake. Just explain your situation well that although you are willing to do your Biometrics but there are reasons why you cannot leave Canada at the moment. They will look into it and you might not hear anything back from CIC (not in my case).

I agree with you that they are contradicting their statement. It is a transition as a CIC representative had told me when I called them for guidance. He advised me not to take stress because they are aware of this issue and so many people have facing trouble through this transition phase. Soon they will have Bometrics Collection Points in Canada for In-Canada applicants but they don't know when and until they do not have any service points the temporary Public Policy covers you. So take a deep breath and drop your stress!

Feel free to ask more questions!

Best Wishes!
Hi,

Thank you for responding. We have still not got any response for the web form we had raised. So waiting for that. Will definitely not leave the country for Biometrics until i hear from them.

kambohs

Sep 12, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for responding. We have still not got any response for the web form we had raised. So waiting for that. Will definitely not leave the country for Biometrics until i hear from them.
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife who is in canada on Student visa. She have received bio-metric request letter to get it done outside of Canada. This is very confusing and contradicting the information that is available in application guide "If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics". Does anyone knows what to do?

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife who is in canada on Student visa. She have received bio-metric request letter to get it done outside of Canada. This is very confusing and contradicting the information that is available in application guide "If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics". Does anyone knows what to do?
Well, in our case we repeatedly called the CIC callcentre and raised webforms and finally we got a response that the applicant is not required to give biometrics. It was a system glitch and that is why the request for biometrics was sent. You can try doing the same thing and wait for their response.
But at the end you should do what they ask you to do.

kambohs

Sep 12, 2014
Well, in our case we repeatedly called the CIC callcentre and raised webforms and finally we got a response that the applicant is not required to give biometrics. It was a system glitch and that is why the request for biometrics was sent. You can try doing the same thing and wait for their response.
But at the end you should do what they ask you to do.
Can you please elaborate. If possible can you please let me know that in the response from CIC, have they waived you for biometrics?

How long it took them to get back to you via web form? What did they say on phone?

Are you getting biometrics done? Or waived?

naipunya

Jul 3, 2019
Hi All,

i am the PR primary applicant of my express entry applicant residing in India and my husband is in canada on business visa. We have to submit our biometrics by july-27 but he will be travelling back to india by aug-28. Can someone help on the best approach to contact CIC to extend our biometrics submission deadline

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Can you please elaborate. If possible can you please let me know that in the response from CIC, have they waived you for biometrics?

How long it took them to get back to you via web form? What did they say on phone?

Are you getting biometrics done? Or waived?
As i said earlier CIC confirmed later after repeated follow ups that biometrics was not required and it was a system error in our particular case atleast. All this took around a month. However, request you to not go by my words. Please contact the CIC and check if biometrics is really required in you case and follow up with them.

kambohs

Sep 12, 2014
As i said earlier CIC confirmed later after repeated follow ups that biometrics was not required and it was a system error in our particular case atleast. All this took around a month. However, request you to not go by my words. Please contact the CIC and check if biometrics is really required in you case and follow up with them.
Thanks for the info my friend. Much appreciated.

borttbort

Apr 1, 2019
Hello friends, I would like to join the conversation and summarize what I have understood relative to our situation. I am Canadian citizen, my girlfriend is in Germany but has an IEC visa expiring on Aug 30th, 2019

- She does not need biometrics to enter the country because she has a valid visa. I am expecting her on Aug 15 or sooner
- We will get a marriage license right away and apply for permanent residency and an open work permit
- Open work permit takes a couple of weeks and PR application maybe 8 months
- During this time she will have implied status on her IEC visa and an open work permit
- CIC may ask her for biometrics but she will be unable to return to Canada if she leaves to get them
- We should submit questions, clarifications, explanations through the web form and by calling CIC as there is currently no way to accomplish the biometrics requirement while in Canada. Is that correct?

FYI, I have contacted the VAC office in Germany where she could get biometrics done but they will only do them for her as part of her application. She can not just get biometrics done and have them available for when needed similar to a criminal record check.

The system is currently a bit broken as they transition into wanting to have biometrics but not being able to provide a service to get them while in the country.

Thank you, please correct me if I have misunderstood anything.

B

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi there..... Submitting your letter of explanation through Web Form is the best action. DO NOT LEAVE CANADA FOR BIOMETRICS. The CIC representative had told me that this letter is triggered automatically to the applicant as a part of their progress flow, or could be a mistake. Just explain your situation well that although you are willing to do your Biometrics but there are reasons why you cannot leave Canada at the moment. They will look into it and you might not hear anything back from CIC (not in my case).

I agree with you that they are contradicting their statement. It is a transition as a CIC representative had told me when I called them for guidance. He advised me not to take stress because they are aware of this issue and so many people have facing trouble through this transition phase. Soon they will have Bometrics Collection Points in Canada for In-Canada applicants but they don't know when and until they do not have any service points the temporary Public Policy covers you. So take a deep breath and drop your stress!

Feel free to ask more questions!

Best Wishes!
Hi. What number did you use to call them? I have a pr app through express entry. I submitted my online app last july 5 when I was still in the Philippines. Now, i am already working here in Canada since August 1. I submitted a webform to change my address/country of residence last july 31, the same day that I arrived in Canda. I have not yet received any reply from them regarding my change of address. And then last August 6, I received a BIL. It's costly for me to go back to the Philippines just to have my biometrics and not to mention a little hard to ask for a leave of absence from work since I just started. Also, I am not sure if I can leave and enter Canada without any problem since I am here on a work visa although with multiple entry.

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am stuck in similar situations as described above. I am an Indian citizen and currently in Canada for work.

I got biometric request and need to go out of Canada for biometrics. I don't have US visa.

I am planning to go to Mexico since I don't require visa for Mexico as I have multiple entry Canada visa.

Just wanted to confirm if I can go to Canada VFS Mexico?

Thanks

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am stuck in similar situations as described above. I am an Indian citizen and currently in Canada for work.

I got biometric request and need to go out of Canada for biometrics. I don't have US visa.

I am planning to go to Mexico since I don't require visa for Mexico as I have multiple entry Canada visa.

Just wanted to confirm if I can go to Canada VFS Mexico?

Thanks
Hi. Are you already done with your biometrics?

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Hi. Are you already done with your biometrics?
Hi! Any update with regards to your biometric compliance.
I am also a Filipina. I already got my work visa and done with my PDOS and ready to go to Canada but after a week i got an email that my PR application is now on process. And received a request for biometric fee payment. I already sent the receipt and received an acknowledgement. My problem now is, I cant decide if I have to go or wait until the BIL came. But no idea if until when i should wait. Pls guide me. Salamat.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
I got biometric exemption since we are already in Canada.
Hi. Did they confirm through email that you are exempted from giving biometrics?
I emailed them regarding this and the only reply I got is that they are looking through it and that they will contact me if they need anything from me. My deadline has already passed (sept 6) and that under biometrics status, it says there that 'we have not received ypur fingerprints. Check your biometrics request beliw for details'. I am worried that my application might be denied because of this.

Last edited:

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi. Did they confirm through email that you are exempted from giving biometrics?
I emailed them regarding this and the only reply I got is that they are looking through it and that they will contact me if they need anything from me. My deadline has already passed (sept 6) andtl that under biometrics status, it says there that 'we have not received ypur fingerprints. Check your biometrics request beliw for details'. I am worried that my application might be denied because of this.
They confirmed over a call that I'm exempted.

Also my cic account is showing your action is required even today. They told me to ignore it