+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Biometrics, do I really need to go outside Canada?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi! Any update with regards to your biometric compliance.
I am also a Filipina. I already got my work visa and done with my PDOS and ready to go to Canada but after a week i got an email that my PR application is now on process. And received a request for biometric fee payment. I already sent the receipt and received an acknowledgement. My problem now is, I cant decide if I have to go or wait until the BIL came. But no idea if until when i should wait. Pls guide me. Salamat.
Haven't done my biometrics yet and it's already past due (sept 6). I emailed ircc (webform) regarding this and they said that they will look into it and will email/contact me if they need anything else from me. I did say that I already submitted a biometric when I applied for my work visa. I'm worried that my pr app will get rejected because of the non submission of my biometrics. Although they say that applicants inside Canada is exempted from giving biometrics.
Through express entry ka ba? I paid the biometrics together with the application fees and I got the BIL a month after I submitted my documents online, eight days after I arrived in Canada.
Since you are still in the Philippines and kung pwde ka pa naman magwait ng another month para pumunta dito, I would suggest to wait for your BIL and do the biometrics para wala nang problema pa.
Kelan ka nagsubmit ng medical? Usually the day na magchange status yung medical mo into passed, yun din yung day na magsesend sila ng BIL.

Last edited:

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
They confirmed over a call that I'm exempted.

Also my cic account is showing your action is required even today. They told me to ignore it
I sure hope that will also be the case for me. It's a good thing they called you about it. I haven't received any update from them yet.

Do you have their number? Thanks.

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Haven't done my biometrics yet and it's already past due (sept 6). I emailed ircc (webform) regarding this and they said that they will look into it and will email/contact me if they need anything else from me. I did say that I already submitted a biometric when I applied for my work visa. I'm worried that my pr app will get rejected because of the non submission of my biometrics. Although they say that applicants inside Canada is exempted from giving biometrics.
Through express entry ka ba? I paid the biometrics together with the application fees and I got the BIL a month after I submitted my documents online, eight days after I arrived in Canada.
Since you are still in the Philippines and kung pwde ka pa naman magwait ng another month para pumunta dito, I would suggest to wait for your BIL and do the biometrics para wala nang problema pa.
Kelan ka nagsubmit ng medical? Usually the day na magchange status yung medical mo into passed, yun din yung day na magsesend sila ng BIL.
Provincial Nominee Class yung PR app by mail last Aug. 2, 2019. The AOR was Aug. 26 and that day also when the ircc requested me to pay my biometric. I paid and submitted the receipt right away. It was aknowledged last sept. 10. No update until now after the payment. No Medical Exam request yet.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Provincial Nominee Class yung PR app by mail last Aug. 2, 2019. The AOR was Aug. 26 and that day also when the ircc requested me to pay my biometric. I paid and submitted the receipt right away. It was aknowledged last sept. 10. No update until now after the payment. No Medical Exam request yet.
I really don't know much about provincial nominees application although I heard that it takes much longer to process than express entry application.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hello,

Have you received any update? And after call the number, what number should we press to meet a real person?
Yes, i called the hotline and someone called me back pn the same day.
Press 1 (for information on the processing of application...)
Press 1 (information on the status of application)
Press 2 (applied to become a permanent resident)
Press 2 (application number starts with e)
Enter application number
Enter year of birth
Press 1 (verify status of application)
Press 0 (speak to an agent)
Press 1 (callback option)
Key in your contact number

*I chose callback option since no agents were available at the time I called and I have to wait for 45 minutes for someone to become available.
An agent called me back after 30 minutes.
Per the agent, I didn't have to do another biometric since they already have my biometrics when I applied for my visa last March 2019.

Last edited:

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Yes, i called the hotline and someone called me back same day.
Press 1 (for information on the processing of application...)
Press 1 (information on the status of application)
Press 2 (applied to become a permanent resident)
Press 2 (application number starts with e)
Enter application number
Enter year of birth
Press 1 (verify status of application)
Press 0 (speak to an agent)
Press 1 (callback option)
Key in your contact number

*I chose callback option since no agents are available at the time I called and I will have to wait for 45 minutes for an agent to become available.
After more than 30 minutes, an agent called me back.
Per the agent, I didn't have to do another biometric since they already have my biometrics when I applied for my visa last March 2019.
Thanks so much for the info.
Which means that I dont have to wait for the request since they also had mine when i applied for TRV.
I thought for TRV app the validity is 10years but for PR app , we need to give the bio in every application. Very confusing.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Thanks so much for the info.
Which means that I dont have to wait for the request since they also had mine when i applied for TRV.
I thought for TRV app the validity is 10years but for PR app , we need to give the bio in every application. Very confusing.
At first she did say that I need to give my biometrics but when I said that I am already in Canada and that I had my biometrics for my work visa application, she checked my account and verified that I do not need to give my biometrics again.

Anh_Lam

Jul 21, 2019
At first she did say that I need to give my biometrics but when I said that I am already in Canada and that I had my biometrics for my work visa application, she checked my account and verified that I do not need to give my biometrics again.
Hi,
Then your account in CIC system has changed accordingly? Did she send you any confirmation email? As in my account, it still states that Your action is required

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
Then your account in CIC system has changed accordingly? Did she send you any confirmation email? As in my account, it still states that Your action is required
No email confirmation, verbal lang. Same pa rin yung account ko sa online, it still states that your action is required. Per others who were in the same situation, ganun daw talaga yung message sa account nila, nagchange lang daw nung approved na pr app nila. Sa applicant information ko, under biometrics, nakalagay yung information nang dati kong biometrics such as biometric number and date of biometrics.

LeoLeo

Oct 29, 2019
Similar situation for me: I got a letter asking me to leave Canada in order to get photo&finger scans. Ridiculously, the deadline coincided with the work permit extension waiting time. It took 115 days just to update the WP, and it arrived a day before biometrics deadline. Meanwhile I called multiple times and talked to agents. here is the summary of the info I collected.
a. Yes, you have to leave the country for biometrics if you are asked so.
b. They cannot provide this service in the country as do not have currently enough facilities. (bzzz). They agreed that it is irrational to ask people to leave Canada and come back just for biometrics when there are dozens of such offices in any Canadian major city, not mentioning the Police. And yes, they agreed that it is absurd to ask people to seek a Canadian immigration service which they cannot provide themselves here in Canada.
c. When you leave Canada, make sure that in the landing country you book in advance an appointment with Canadian VAC to be sure that eventually your data collection will be done timely. DO not rely on border agency.
d. On the US border sometimes officers reject to take biometrics as 'they do not have enough training yet'.
e. Canadian Air companies made a deal with the government and now will make more money from immigrants. This last point is a joke, buddies.

So, I sent 2 letters explaining my current situation with biometrics collection deadline and WP extension. So far has not got any news from the IRCC. The agent on phone said I have to wait until the officer makes decision.

Also, I went to Canada place, hoping to get some more information. I discovered there a huge hall with a display mentioning IRCC office. They were only to security guys who told me that this office is mostly empty. TO my question how to get touch with people working here, they said I have to make an appointment and then they will organize an appointment with few weeks. Huge office, nice building, nice security and no single f0cking worker to perform tasks for which she/he is paid. Dream job!

Will keep you update.

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
I really don't know much about provincial nominees application although I heard that it takes much longer to process than express entry application.
Hi! I hope yoy could me an advice. I just received my BIL and I am now in Canada for 2 weeks. I know you have been in this situation. I would like to know if what happened to your application since you did not give your biometrics before the deadline. Is your TRV biometric still valid for your PR application?
I am hoping for your response. Salamat