+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fernendez said:
i applied in July 2007, and document was acknowledged in August 2007, i only did my medicals in August 2010 and i am waiting for them to request for my passport.
Good for you, Man! Lucky you.

Have you guys done received request for medicals?

Guy's have not received any documents update letter yet, Mate! Not to talk of Medicals.
From all indications, 2010 applicants cases are getting treated faster than ours.
Guy's, just forget about them and let things take their course naturally (That's what I have done anyway).
London CIC will, from the look of things, not be ready for the old applicants for a long time to come, as they seem to be looking for a strategy to
resolve the transfer of the burden of Islamabad on them. Surely, 2009 and 2010 applicants are treated with high priority. Their applications are easier to find than the dusty 2007 ones, hmm, isn't it!!

BobbyB

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who applied in Nov2007/AOR Nov2007 and are expecting update request letters from the CIC London, see here: Box standard answer
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/574136207/chc-london-2007-applicants/page/2

"couple of days ago, i sent an email to CIC London asking reason why even after 34 months i have no document request, below is the reply as it is.

Thank you for your enquiry.

The application was received on 5th November 2007.

The letter acknowledging receipt of the application for permanent residence explained that the processing times for the skilled worker category is 42-48 months. Your application is still within our standard processing times.

When an application is ready to be assessed by an immigration officer, we will sent a letter giving you 90 days to prepare and submit updated documentation in support of the application. Note that it is advisable to start gathering supporting documents before you receive this request to ensure there will be no delays to the submission. We regret that our office is unable to estimate when the letter requesting the updated documents might be sent.

You are not required to advise us of any changes to personal circumstances until this letter has been received, unless it relates to a change in contact details or appointment/cancellation of a paid representative.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant to the mailing address on file. It is important therefore that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We are unable to provide any further information at this time.

Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada "

Oh, I guess, that's very helpful!!

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing the information.

I had got the same response when I changed my address details and notified CHC London.

Lets hope for the best.

best regards

AOR - 22 NOV, 2007 and waiting for update letter ............................. :)

BobbyB said:
For those who applied in Nov2007/AOR Nov2007 and are expecting update request letters from the CIC London, see here: Box standard answer
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/574136207/chc-london-2007-applicants/page/2

"couple of days ago, i sent an email to CIC London asking reason why even after 34 months i have no document request, below is the reply as it is.

Thank you for your enquiry.

The application was received on 5th November 2007.

The letter acknowledging receipt of the application for permanent residence explained that the processing times for the skilled worker category is 42-48 months. Your application is still within our standard processing times.

When an application is ready to be assessed by an immigration officer, we will sent a letter giving you 90 days to prepare and submit updated documentation in support of the application. Note that it is advisable to start gathering supporting documents before you receive this request to ensure there will be no delays to the submission. We regret that our office is unable to estimate when the letter requesting the updated documents might be sent.

You are not required to advise us of any changes to personal circumstances until this letter has been received, unless it relates to a change in contact details or appointment/cancellation of a paid representative.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant to the mailing address on file. It is important therefore that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We are unable to provide any further information at this time.

Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada "

Oh, I guess, that's very helpful!!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People, I thought October was the expected/supposed Month for update letters? ???

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
People, I thought October was the expected/supposed Month for update letters? ???
I have feeling the update letter would come around DEC / JAN , lets see :D

cheers

AOR - 22 NOV, 2007

amr1001

Feb 6, 2010
i have application since DEC 2007.....but i submitted application under the new system and it was recently rejected:(....

my old application is still open....but you think the recent rejection will afftect the old one?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amr1001 said:
i have application since DEC 2007.....but i submitted application under the new system and it was recently rejected:(....

my old application is still open....but you think the recent rejection will afftect the old one?
No Mate, IMO, the old application will be processed according to the rules in place at the time of the old application and as long as you have not withdrawn it.
How long that will take, nobody knows. Only CIC London will be able to tell you.
Good Luck.

BobbyB

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
BobbyB said:
Hi BobbyB & all,

Got an update letter last wk requiring us to submit a new POF coz according to VO, property can not be included....
Hoping that this will be the last reqirement prior to our PPR...

Regards & goodluck to all of us :)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Oh Canada, it's not an update letter, perhaps it's additional docs request as you already have gone through document's processing stage. I hope they finalise your application soon mate. Good luck.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amr1001 said:
My Current status is "In Process", does the status change once they request additional document?
You are not the only one mate, mine has been like that from day one (36 Months now). I think they change it to "in process" the day they receive your application and send out an AOR and that is it. The "in process" for old applications is just to show you that we have received your application and nothing else, because without seeing any of your documents what are/would they be processing?

Even if they ask for your documents and your status remains "in process", it still implies we are processing and nothing else.
Just ignore the online status and keep on doing and sending what they request.

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
we can order caips as many times as we wish right? (wont jeopardize our case, yea?)
cuz i ordered my 3rd one so far, im a 2007 applicant
its been 41 months to date - awaiting meds.

thanks in advance

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianLove said:
we can order caips as many times as we wish right? (wont jeopardize our case, yea?)
cuz i ordered my 3rd one so far, im a 2007 applicant
its been 41 months to date - awaiting meds.

thanks in advance
First of all, Congratulations, as you are already nearing the finishing line. IMO, you may order CAIPS as many times as you want, since in your case their has been a lot of movements, but for somebody who has not received a single correspondence other than an AOR (no docs update letter), what use would getting the CAIPS for that applicant be? Could you please let us know?

Thanks.

BobbyB