+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Reactions: snowflake2012

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Check, check and check again. The wording isn't clear so ensure you have read it, understood it and selected the correct answers.

The wording wasn't great for "what you you been doing" and I nearly submitted it with yes for self employed and working and no answer selected for education etc.

Remember, IRCC are known to return apps for small technicalities. Be careful and ensure you don't waste your time or money.

Good luck.
I almost made the same mistake with not answering anything about education and unemployment in that section ...

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi guyes just trying to confirm my understanding. For a person, who has lived in Canada for more than 183 days in 2017, is it correct to say "S/he is required to file tax" and "S/he has not filed it yet"?. Accordingly, can we translate this in Q12.b (CIT002E-2) as Tax Year - 2017, Required to file - Yes and Taxes filed - No.

If my understanding is worng, does that mean we should not mentioned anything about 2017 in Q. 12b

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guyes just trying to confirm my understanding. For a person, who has lived in Canada for more than 183 days in 2017, is it correct to say "S/he is required to file tax" and "S/he has not filed it yet"?. Accordingly, can we translate this in Q12.b (CIT002E-2) as Tax Year - 2017, Required to file - Yes and Taxes filed - No.

If my understanding is worng, does that mean we should not mentioned anything about 2017 in Q. 12b
Don't mention 2017 as the taxes aren't due yet. You start with 2016.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am posting this everywhere to advise people, maybe it is a bit too late:

Just a heads up:

If you signed your application on October 11th, make sure you were eligible to apply for Citizenship on October 10th (Under the old regulations). At the end of the form it clearly says: You must be eligible to apply for citizenship the day before you sign your application. Sooooooooooo BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need to fill the application using all upper cases format? and or does it matter?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Just a heads up:

If you signed your application on October 11th, make sure you were eligible to apply for Citizenship on October 10th (Under the old regulations). At the end of the form it clearly says: You must be eligible to apply for citizenship the day before you sign your application. Sooooooooooo BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most people here wouldn’t have that problem since they were all stuck at the non-functioning online calculator and having trouble paying the fees yesterday ...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Just a heads up:

Wrong - stop posting this !!!!

Reactions: rdutter

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
My only mistake is sending it through Canada Post Express
Yeah mine too. Apparently it will reach there Monday. But Im not too bummed out about it since my friend who works in CIC told me they just throw all the applications together and which ever ends up on top gets to be the 1st in line. So my application which will reach there on Monday might even get processed before someone whose application will arrive there today. Its all about chance and luck now.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I truly hope I am wrong!
You have literally made it up. It isn't stated anywhere that you need to be eligible under the old regs the day before. The only requirement is to have 1095 days of VALID residency the day before you submit your application & the IRCC residency calculator makes this determination.