+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Do I even need to copy the empty pages of passport? I only sent the one with the details and the stamps

reunion

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-Oct-2013
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
Med's Request
22-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Passport Req..
June-18-2014
LANDED..........
July-17-2014
I only included photocopies of current/expired passport bio page.
Don't think I made any silly mistakes. I must have scoured over the application a minimum 5 times over. Read re-read and re-read the guides and checklists.

I found discrepancies though in the checklist and the guide:
  1. In particular, the checklist says nothing about submitting copy of PR card (or other IMM 5292 etc docs) but the guide does.
  2. The guide says to submit copies of all valid passports held while the checklist says submit copies of the biographical pages of passports. This is also an inconsistency since the former can be interpreted as copies of the full passport. When I called CIC they said to submit copies of the whole passport.
I only included photocopies of current/expired passport bio page. They didn't asked for original copies so why sent them?

Reactions: sns204 and jsm0085

CanadaApplication126

Aug 28, 2017
Don't think I made any silly mistakes. I must have scoured over the application a minimum 5 times over. Read re-read and re-read the guides and checklists.

1. In particular, the checklist says nothing about submitting copy of PR card (or other IMM 5292 etc docs) but the guide does.
  2. The guide says to submit copies of all valid passports held while the checklist says submit copies of the biographical pages of passports. This is also an inconsistency since the former can be interpreted as copies of the full passport. When I called CIC they said to submit copies of the whole passport.
Hello, could you guide me on what we exactly need to write for question 11, employment information- “ your physical location”? Column and name of contact and phone , email columns?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Copies of ‘all valid passports’ and ‘all pages of passports ‘are two different thing . Once again it shows the agent on the phone is not the best source of information - I remember just a few days ago someone claimed the agent told him the PC requirement would be reduced from 4 years to 3, which is now proven wrong, like we predicted

Reactions: jsm0085

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really dont want to send unnecessary paper work but if you were told copies of whole passport guess i will send it just in case
Send a copy of PR card or COPR but only send the bio pages from travel documents. They do not want your stamped pages.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, could you guide me on what we exactly need to write for question 11, employment information- “ your physical location”? Column and name of contact and phone , email columns?
The address of where you actually worked and ideally a senior mgr who can confirm your employment if needed.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check, check and check again. The wording isn't clear so ensure you have read it, understood it and selected the correct answers.

The wording wasn't great for "what you you been doing" and I nearly submitted it with yes for self employed and working and no answer selected for education etc.

Remember, IRCC are known to return apps for small technicalities. Be careful and ensure you don't waste your time or money.

Good luck.

Reactions: itsmyid

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Same here.. read over 3 times.. until I found what was going to be a mistake.

Question 13: declare other immigration/citizenship status (other than Canada). Almost forgot to indicate current citizenship (originating country). While a small discrepancy, could be a technicality for which they return the app.

Like all the others mentioned... read, re-read, re-read and check again before sending.

Reactions: jsm0085

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also - take a photocopy of your entire application package before submitting! So you have a point of reference!

Reactions: pclaa.ca

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I am sending out my application today, October 12, 2017, and I am REALLY WORRIED about my calculation. I put Temporary Resident status started October 12, 2012 which is the beginning of my eligibility period, however my study permit was issue in July 2012.... I really hope they understand that I just went with the ELIGIBILITY PERIOD and did not want to confuse things... I attached all copies of all of my permits though...

Reactions: snowflake2012

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sending out my application today, October 12, 2017, and I am REALLY WORRIED about my calculation. I put Temporary Resident status started October 12, 2012 which is the beginning of my eligibility period, however my study permit was issue in July 2012.... I really hope they understand that I just went with the ELIGIBILITY PERIOD and did not want to confuse things... I attached all copies of all of my permits though...
I think they'll be understanding of what you've done but assuming you mean on the app form - you still have time to Change it.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I think they'll be understanding of what you've done but assuming you mean on the app form - you still have time to Change it.
Yeah, on the application form I put the issue dates for my permits... + I provided photocopies of all relevant permits for the eligibility period...

Reactions: snowflake2012