Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with application
fsw4 said:
19 points equivalent to 2year post secondary diploma
Just to clarify: do we need an ECA report? What if i dont submit one? will my points not be counted?

aev

Jun 15, 2011
mga kabayans newbie po ako applying for fws..saan po ako una magpupunta at anong docs ang kailangan dalhin at prepare for application..

thanks in advance po..

franie

May 16, 2014
Bingka, you cannot claim for Education points if you are not submitting ECA. It is stated on the guidelines and checklist.

franie

May 16, 2014
Subash said:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what points will be granted for bachelor of science in nursing from the Philippines under FSW? Anybody got WES evaluation report?
Should be 21 because it is Bachelors Degree (4 years)?

According to the guide:
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer = 21 points

akosiempre

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
Subash said:
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I want to compare nursing degree of Nepal with Philippines. In Nepal,we have 3 yrs diploma in nursing after completion of schooling(10th grade excluding kindergarten) and 2 yrs. bachelor in nursing ,all together 15 yrs. of academic study in total. From your reply it gives me a clear indication that I will be able to get at least 19 points for my 2 yrs. bachelor in nursing. Do you think my assumption is correct?
to be sure, you can try the online assessment from wes. you'll see that the name of the school plays a big factor on the assessment. try it here: wes(dot)org/ca/evaluations/preliminary(dot)asp

sorry, i cant post hyperlinks yet.. just change the (dot) with .

hth

akosiempre

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
franie said:
Should be 21 because it is Bachelors Degree (4 years)?

According to the guide:
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer = 21 points
it depends on what school you got the degree. the school's name plays a big factor on the assessment.

gilmerfamily

Mar 10, 2014
Hello guys! I just want to ask how many months is the validity of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)? I got my Saudi PCC last April 27, 2014. Thanks! God bless us all! :)

franie

May 16, 2014
akosiempre said:
it depends on what school you got the degree. the school's name plays a big factor on the assessment.
ah really? may factor and school?
say you get have this 4-yr degree course sa di masyado kilalang school then same degree at 4-yrs din sa UP, you mean mas mataas yugn points sa UP kesa dun sa isang school?!

akosiempre

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
franie said:
say you get have this 4-yr degree course sa di masyado kilalang school then same degree at 4-yrs din sa UP, you mean mas mataas yugn points sa UP kesa dun sa isang school?!
yes indeed. try the online assessment and subukan mo iba ibahin ang school using the same course and you'll get different results.

ren2479

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 04/02/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
SLU 13/07/2015
Med's Request
15/07/2015
Med's Done....
21/07/2015
Interview........
waived; TRU 05/08/2015; 6th Line Update 08/09/2015
Passport Req..
DM 11/09/2015; PPR 12/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12October2015
Hello po mga kababayan, happy weekends. May tanong po sana ako sa proof of fund. Paano po kapag niloan mo lang talaga yong amount. Ok lang ba na di siya ideclare as part ng liabilities mo? Thanks in advance sa comments po....

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
franie said:
I think this is in part true. I got this initial assessment from WES, the one that costs $25 plus tax pa and accdg to their report, my 4 yr AB Communication Arts course from UST has the same equivalence in Canada. Tapos, ang hubby ko naman na 5 yrs BS ECE sa PUP, 2 years lang community college ang equivalence dito.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. We will be moving to Canada mid October and been looking for place to stay + school in the web and asked our niece in Manitoba to check them out. As she does not have children yet so would like to ask opinions of forumers. Usually bus is provided kung medyo malayo ang place nyo sa school (1.6km dun sa isang school website). Isa sa options namin, 600 meters away from the house so di covered ng school bus. Kung sa Pinas, "walkable" distance. Kaso, pag winter, kaya pa ba or sobrang challenge yun at di advisable?
I have 2 girls - 11 years old at 5.5. Thanks in advance for your inputs/advice.

batangenyo

Sep 30, 2014
silverfox said:
Hi barok, we're on the same boat pala. ;) Actually I have not received any call of which I knew of na from the embassy. But recently, I have received 3 calls from different people na nagpapakilalang they're from East West Bank daw, offering me a credit card. The first call was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, confirming my address, contact numbers and other details, and I was told that in 2 weeks time I would receive their pre-approved credit card. Then 2 days after that call, I got an email from CIC re: PPR. Last week, I received another call, from another EAst WEst Bank personnel naman, confirming my personal data/info. Then the following day, my ecas changed to DM. The 3rd call was only yesterday. TAga East West din daw, and offering me a credit card too. I told her that 2 persons have already called me about it, and in fact, I am already awaiting for the card. So, she verified from their system if indeed I have been issued a card, but to my surprise, there was none. So she instead asked for my details, and told me that in 3 days I would be getting an approval for the credit card. I really don't know if taga East West talaga sila or baka from the embassy na, that's why iniwasan ko na mapikon sa kakukulit nila. I read somewhere in this forum na people from the embassy daw has their own way of verifying the data and info that we submit to them, so posible talaga na magpanggap sila na somebody else, di ba? So, to end my "short story", to date wala pa akong natatanggap kahit ni isang East West credit card na sinabi nila. :D Meron ba dito sa forumers na may ganito ring experience? ;)

Sana dumating na yung passport natin with visa.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pachochay said:
Hello. We will be moving to Canada mid October and been looking for place to stay + school in the web and asked our niece in Manitoba to check them out. As she does not have children yet so would like to ask opinions of forumers. Usually bus is provided kung medyo malayo ang place nyo sa school (1.6km dun sa isang school website). Isa sa options namin, 600 meters away from the house so di covered ng school bus. Kung sa Pinas, "walkable" distance. Kaso, pag winter, kaya pa ba or sobrang challenge yun at di advisable?
I have 2 girls - 11 years old at 5.5. Thanks in advance for your inputs/advice.
600 meters away is fine as long as you guys have the proper boots and winter jacket when it's really cold and snowy.