+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

manoya

Sep 28, 2009
Edithz and Bonsai, Kung pwedeng Manila visa office ang ilagay nyo,mas ok siguro.It took us only 7 mos from initial application to visa,so mabilis talaga.Medyo na delay pa nga because they requested for a machine readable passport so I've no choice but to renew kahit 2011 pa expiry.Arexie,siguro what's more important is the completeness of the documents submitted,palagay ko walang bearing ang marital status kasi married ako pero mabilis din naman.June pala ang alis mo,kami naman April next year pa..Goodluck sa atin na paaalis pa lang.Good luck to all..God bless..

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Hi Manoya, We recently had our medicals done, approximately 3 weeks ago. So hopefully our passport request will be coming soon. I have one question though, does it really have to be the "MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT" that CIC-MANILA will be specifically requiring when they asked you to submitt your passport? Ours will be expiring on 2013, still the green one and not the brown one that recently came out. Can you provide the specific site stating that only machine readable passport are allowed/required nowadays when they request you to submitt your passport. I applied in Manila, so chances are baka ganun din ang gawin sa akin.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Hi! Reydon,

Readable passport is a must now. The old passport is only acceptable until the end of this year and if you want to travel anywhere in the world by 2010 you need to have your readable passport. Nagrenew na ako dito sa LA Embassy and it took them almost 2 months but few of my friends they said that they got it in a month. My suggestion to you is renew your passport now. Where did you do your medical?

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Thanks AlphaRomeo for that quick response. Dito ka rin pala sa L.A., We had our medicals kay Dr. Earla Quisido sa Temple in LA. We had a pleasant experience with them. Filipino sila, at ang isa pa, mabilis sila magprocess. We had our medicals last 10/16/09 and the results were sent on 10/22/09 sa Ottawa and ottawa received it on 10/27/09. I highly recommend na sa kanila ka magpamedical. Punta na lang ako sa Monday sa embassy to inquire, alam mo ba ang website nila?
Will be waiting for your reply.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Hi! Reydon,

This is the website, check mo muna para sure ko sa mga holidays schedule nila, www.philippineconsulatela.org. Advise ko sa iyo doon ka na magpapicture dahil we had a very bad experience. Yung dala namin photos ay nireject so double gastos pa tuloy kami. Sa Wilshire ang office nila and Narra Bank Bldg. Nag inquire ako yesterday sa mga DMP, natawagan ko din yang office ni Dr. Earla, so far the cheapest ay si Dr. Smith pero kung pinoy naman pala si Dr. Earla eh doon na rin siguro kami pupunta. Medyo matagal maghintay sa embassy, almost halfday kami so prepare yourself. Taga Glendale kami but I work here in downtown. Thanks sa info.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Hey, thank you much. BTW, ano nga pala ang NOC M? Ako RN dito ngayon sa L.A. Taga Long Beach kami. Balitaan kita updates sa application. Punta nga ako sa Monday sa embassy to renew our passports.
Salamat. Balitaan tayo.

meldzgs

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 31.2009
AOR Received.
feb 24,2010
File Transfer...
march 19, 2010
Med's Request
june 23,2010
Med's Done....
july 5-6, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
july 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sept 3, 2010 - HOPEFULLY
LANDED..........
Sept 27, 2010
dear reydon,

hi there! nurse ka rin? I am also a nurse. And filed my application to NS last october 2,2009. I took the ielts general training today and will be awaiting for my result next 2 weeks. I hope na sana i will get high marks from the exam.

I read in one of the forum here that manila is the second fastest visa center. New delhi is the number one.

anyway, good luck to us guys.

charme300

Nov 7, 2009
Hi there.. Im a new here and I am planning to apply to canada as fsw next month.. I am an RN here in the Philippines, after taking the board last Dec 2007, I had a job at 4 star a hotel as a front office staff, sometimes I would act as a hotel nurse. I resigned my job last june to work as a volunteer nurse in a hospital, since hospitals are not hiring staff nurses.

I am very confused now on how would they rate my experience points... can anyone help me please?

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charme,

as long as you have at least 1 year full time experience as a nurse then you can apply as an FSW using that job description. but sometimes it is not enough that your job is included in the 38 list. you can go to the CIC website to determine if you will be able to reach the required 67 points in order to apply. you will have to take into consideration your marital status, proficiency in english etc.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
reydon123 said:
Hi Manoya, We recently had our medicals done, approximately 3 weeks ago. So hopefully our passport request will be coming soon. I have one question though, does it really have to be the "MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT" that CIC-MANILA will be specifically requiring when they asked you to submitt your passport? Ours will be expiring on 2013, still the green one and not the brown one that recently came out. Can you provide the specific site stating that only machine readable passport are allowed/required nowadays when they request you to submitt your passport. I applied in Manila, so chances are baka ganun din ang gawin sa akin.
Hi Reydon,

Somone from Manila visa office who got the PPR, posted in one of the threads that the PPR letter he got from Manila visa office just recently specifically mentioned to submit machine readable passport.

But in London Visa office, MRP is not a must. As long as it has the validity of not less than one year during the time visa is to be stamped in the passport. I am in KSA and my local visa office is London and I have a consultant. And from my consultant I got informed that recently they have other clients who got visa stamped on non MRP.

...So I think passport requirements varies depending on the visa office. CIC guideline did not mention about MRP. It only mentioned about validity.

If your visa office is Manila, have your passport renewed ASAP...

manoya

Sep 28, 2009
reydon123 said:
Reydon 123,we received our ppr Sept.25 (dated Sept.15) and they specifically requested for a MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT.it was even written in bold letters.They even specified RED COLORED PASSPORT.Lalo akong naguluhan kasi maroon ang tingin ko sa MRP.Anyway,we received our visa Oct 21 tumagal nga because I still have to renew my passport.I don't know about other visa office since I applied in Manila.So for those waiting for ppr from manila cic,I think it's better to renew your green passports.good luck!

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi Manoya,

Filipino ako, nasa Australia as worker nasubmit ko na full docs ko dito sa cic Australia...Ikaw ba nung nareceived mo letter mo nagbago agad e-cas status kasi mine still received by the office since Oct 21 (from the date I received the letter from cic Australia). Tapos may nakalagay sa letter ko na unclassified..may idea ka ba dun?

meldzgs

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 31.2009
AOR Received.
feb 24,2010
File Transfer...
march 19, 2010
Med's Request
june 23,2010
Med's Done....
july 5-6, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
july 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sept 3, 2010 - HOPEFULLY
LANDED..........
Sept 27, 2010
guys,

i need your help. ano ba dapat ehh lagay sa schedule 1 yung sa personal history. I put in my application that i was a RN from 2005 up to present. Dapat ba talaga date which your application was received. i read in other forums that "to present" is not applicable. I am worried that my application will be send back to me.

pls help me guys.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
meldzgs said:
guys,

i need your help. ano ba dapat ehh lagay sa schedule 1 yung sa personal history. I put in my application that i was a RN from 2005 up to present. Dapat ba talaga date which your application was received. i read in other forums that "to present" is not applicable. I am worried that my application will be send back to me.

pls help me guys.
hi...i put to "PRESENT" in the personal history....