+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses applying for Quebec

LEEVY

Nov 14, 2012
helo po.. pwedeng patulong about s application ng quebec csq question 9 anong code for nurse ksi college ung attendant ko nuon 4 years graduate ano pong answer dun? code? hdi ko maintndhna ung NURSING DCS-3years ba?

about ung no. 10 question ung 6 points ano pong sagot dn n code for nurses n 4 years graduate ng college hdi ksi ako university thanks po s mga sagot nyo.. merry xmas..

Sundstrand

Dec 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jz2011quebec said:
Isa po akong aircraft mechanic d2 s riyadh, nkisali lang po ako s thread n to hehehehe!
Aus yan aircraft mechanic

jerson22

Dec 30, 2012
Hello everyone! good day!

I am also a registered nurse here in the Philippines.

I have a concern when i apply the program and if ever it will be granted. can i easily find a job? I am not picky but when i search like for example to work as nurse assistant the minimum wage is C$10 per hour. i know it isn't that big but with that salary can it help me sustain my stay in quebec? is that enough just for the start? how much usually is the room for rent there? minimum meal allowance per day? or any misc. fees that i need to anticipate? most especially i do not have friends nor relatives there.

I hope someone can help me answer my question.

Thank you!

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
Hello po.

May mga tao pa ba dito sa thread?

By the way, I am a Registered Nurse working at the ICU here in Iloilo.

Experience: More than 1 year
IELTS: Academic L-8.5 S-8.0

A consultancy firm came here in Iloilo last time and they said I garnered 49 points based on my credentials.

But what worries me the most is the Interview in French. I have zero French knowledge and French lessons are only available in universities here.

If I only have 49 points, this means that I have to get the maximum score during the interview. Is this doable for someone who has no previous knowledge about the language?

Hope some can help me with this. :)

gamma_jb

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
ian89 said:
Hello po.

May mga tao pa ba dito sa thread?

By the way, I am a Registered Nurse working at the ICU here in Iloilo.

Experience: More than 1 year
IELTS: Academic L-8.5 S-8.0

A consultancy firm came here in Iloilo last time and they said I garnered 49 points based on my credentials.

But what worries me the most is the Interview in French. I have zero French knowledge and French lessons are only available in universities here.

If I only have 49 points, this means that I have to get the maximum score during the interview. Is this doable for someone who has no previous knowledge about the language?

Hope some can help me with this. :)
Hi ian,

you have to take a French Exam. Your score will be added to your points. It's also a prerequisite in submitting your docs.

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
gamma_jb said:
Hi ian,

you have to take a French Exam. Your score will be added to your points. It's also a prerequisite in submitting your docs.
I thought you can still submit your documents with a minimum score of 49 and just get the remaining 6 points during the interview. Am I correct?

French exams are only available in Cebu and Manila right? :(

Anyway, a few more months and I'll get an extra 2 points for my experience since I'll be turning 2 years.

gamma_jb

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
ian89 said:
I thought you can still submit your documents with a minimum score of 49 and just get the remaining 6 points during the interview. Am I correct?

French exams are only available in Cebu and Manila right? :(

Anyway, a few more months and I'll get an extra 2 points for my experience since I'll be turning 2 years.
Hi, here's the link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html
One really needs to show proof of French exam before submitting documents. You can study on your own and then either go to Manila or Cebu to take the exam.

aykikzzz

Jan 28, 2013
gamma_jb said:
Hi ian,

hi @ian89, im also from iloilo and currently applying for PR in quebec. . i always have 49 points and im not sure if i really need to take the french exam. i have a friend from iloilo rin na kumuha na xa ng french exam sa manila but she studied for 4months.

steven76ca

Feb 28, 2013
gamma_jb said:
Hi ian,

If a candidate has the necessary points without a French exam, its not true that they mandatorily need to submit a French exam test result along with the application. Alot of people think that this is the case but it simply isn't as long as you have enough points without a French exam result. The link provided by Gamma_jb clearly states that no points will be awarded for French during the pre-selection phase if no French exam is submitted. It doesn't state that the application will be rejected. For those of you that can read French, you may go and consult the Immigration Québec guide on point 3.3.4.1. You will see that it is not mandatory to submit this. The Selection section of the guide (4.3.1.2 and 4.3.2) that follows even has instructions for the Immigration Québec officer for people who have not submitted a French exam test result in the initial application. If these people come to the interview with a French language test, then the officer will take this in consideration. Also, if people indicate during the interview knowing French but have not originaly submitted language test results (but had enough pre-selection points), then the officer may ask them to pass a French test and submit the result within a certain time fram.

All in all, if you do not originally have enough points without a French test exam, do not submit an application. If you can not have enough points without French, you need to have the results with the initial application you are sending or else it will be rejected for lack of points. You can not send the application and indicate that the French results will follow in order to give you enough points. If you do have enough points for pre-selection (49 or 57) but not enough for selection (55 or 63), you can submit your application but you will need to learn the language and it is recommended that you do a test prior to the interview and bring the original results along with you. If you have enough points for selection without having a French exam result (55 or 63), then good for you. You will receive a CSQ with the mention "non-francophone" on it. You will only have an interview if they want to verify information or the authenticity of certain documents.

ROMMELSQI

Jun 6, 2011
French exams result must be provided before the interview, otherwise it MAY cancel the interview in a later date.

Good news for the Filipino Applicants, selection interview will be held in April in Alliance Francaise in Cebu.

Good luck to those who called in.

summer rose

Jan 31, 2013
Hello to all co Filipino applicants,

although it is true that french exam is not needed when you reached the required score it is advisable to have knowledge in french if you want to settle here in Quebec. im here in Quebec under work permit but I applied also as QSW and I was interviewed without French exam, it was a bit difficult since I only knew few words in french during the interview. although I reached the required score before interview they still ask me to provide french exam result during the interview proper. they gave me 60 days to comply with french and that made me pursue to study french online and was able to take the exam after a month of online study.

Now im done with medicals and waiting for RPRF, so I can only say with knowledge with french it would be your advantage. even you reach the score find time to study even online and if you can seat for an exam.

Goodluck to all.

ROMMELSQI

Jun 6, 2011
Yes it is not required to have a french exam result to be qualified if you have sufficient points, but if you want to claim points on French language you must provide them before the interview date. and all should put importance on speaking french, it is a big factor of being selected.

steven76ca

Feb 28, 2013
Thank you for your reply Summer Rose. This is what I've been saying all along in my post. If you meet the required minimum pre-qualification score (49 or 57) without French, you will go at the interview. If the officer finds that you have learned French, even a little bit, they can ask you to submit a French exam result to help boost your adaptability points. In the many months that it takes from the time the application is sent and the time you are scheduled for your interview, you have time to learn at least a basic level of the language.

jomsjoms03

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Hello po.
I found this thread just today.
I have read almost everything na. :eek:
Page 41 na ako. ;D

May tanong lang po ako,
If ever maissuehan ba ng CSQ:
1. Ilan years and validity nito?
2. Kelan pwede magfile ng permanent residence visa? No need ba ng maregister muna sa nursing regulatory body ng quebec? direstyo sa filing ng permanent residency?
3. If nakapagfile na ba sa canada pwede umalis? Since nagwowork din ako abroad, and I don't wanna lose my work now, okay naman nadin kasi ang sahod.
4. May nakakaalam po ba if anu ang mga requirements ng Board of Nursing ng Quebec? may IELTS required band score ba sila or/and French Language Assessment?

Pasensya napo if madami tanong,

Thanks so much.

:D :D :D