+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses applying for Quebec

12mitch

Jun 17, 2012
Hi! Almost 90% of the questions in my interview was in french. He asked me detailed questions about my job as RN, the process of becoming a registered nurse in quebec, salary of nurses in quebec, plans upon arriving, why I choose quebec, what my family thinks about my immigration plans. All of it was asked in french. I was interviewed 10minutes earlier than my scheduled time and last for more than an hour. The officer was a very kind man. He often supplied me with words in french so I could fully explain myself..hehe

shersta said:
Hi Yan18 and 12mitch, kamusta interview nyo? Please share your experience. :)

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Wow. Sounds great! Malapit na yan! Good luck to your application sa federal stage. Welcome to Montreal n a next time :)

12mitch

Jun 17, 2012
thanks so much solokru. Ang galing kasi ng interview guide mo. ;)

solokru said:
Wow. Sounds great! Malapit na yan! Good luck to your application sa federal stage. Welcome to Montreal n a next time :)

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
12mitch said:
thanks so much solokru. Ang galing kasi ng interview guide mo. ;)
I'm just glad applicants still find it useful. Hit me up when you guys are already here in Montreal.

pernov14

Nov 7, 2011
solokru said:
I'm just glad applicants still find it useful. Hit me up when you guys are already here in Montreal.
can i ask which agency you used for quebec?im planning to apply as QSW..Hope you reply..and did it took more than 2 years?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
^

Nope. I just applied on my own. It took about a year.

@blacksheep

On page seven of this thread.

pernov14

Nov 7, 2011
solokru said:
^

Nope. I just applied on my own. It took about a year.

@ blacksheep

On page seven of this thread.

thank you for the reply, :-* however I have another question I am eligible to sit my CRNE next feb 2013, but I my problem is I dont have an employer to help me get a temporary work permit, to complete my registration in Onatario, so I am entertaining the thought of getting PR through QSw instead. you think it is possible to get PR from Quebec and practice in Ontario?if not I should be registered as well in Quebec, I have not requested for the kit from OIIQ yet, but do they also require that all employers should send them the certificate of employment or only the last and recent one?thanks

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
QSW is like PNP. You're going to sign an agreement that you would need to reside in Quebec. You need to pay your taxes in Quebec and you need to reside in Quebec. I've heard from my cousin that some people who transferred to another province being denied and being deported back to the Philippines. I just don't know how soon they transferred. You need to essentially establish your residency in a province. Having your PR card and medicare registered to another province while you are a QSW would do you no good. If you're registering sa Ontario just wait for the FSW to open up. Mahirap humanap ng employer sa Ontario if you're planning to live in the Toronto area. There's a lot of nurses from Quebec and other provinces transferring to Toronto and there's a lot of reasons for that.

For the COE sa pinas you should have COE from all of your previous employers so that they can validate your experience. Good luck. I hope you figure out what you're gonna do soon.

Gaurav_OT

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012- CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
18-04-2012
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
June, 05/ 2013-RPRF request & paid, In process on July 29, 2013
Passport Req..
September 24/2013
VISA ISSUED...
October/23/2013 received pp from cpp-o
LANDED..........
October/26/2013 at Carway Border
12mitch said:
Hi! Almost 90% of the questions in my interview was in french. He asked me detailed questions about my job as RN, the process of becoming a registered nurse in quebec, salary of nurses in quebec, plans upon arriving, why I choose quebec, what my family thinks about my immigration plans. All of it was asked in french. I was interviewed 10minutes earlier than my scheduled time and last for more than an hour. The officer was a very kind man. He often supplied me with words in french so I could fully explain myself..hehe
good job...