solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
^

You mean registration as a nurse in Quebec? It can take up to 8 months for the OIIQ to assess and accept our credentials here in the Philippines (you can start this process while here in the country) and then another five months for us to take "bridging program" or two months of supervised training in a hospital before we can take the OIIQ and ODLF exam. However I think there are only certain months in which you can specifically enroll for the bridging program. So in paper you can finish the registration in less than 10 months but in reality it can really take a lot more of that depending on the time you have applied for registration, taking the nursing program for IENs and have taken and passed the OIIQ and ODLF exams.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
does anyone know how long it takes for the Canada office in Manila to process Quebec-Selected Workers the federal level (that is, once I already have my CSQ)?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Hi guys. Hope you're all doing great. I'd just like to ask if anyone has already started their registration to the OIIQ?

prias

Sep 26, 2011
Hi! I've been following this thread for quite sometime now and I wanna thank everyone 'cuz I've been learning a lot. :) :-*

I just want to clarify a few things; I hope you can help me. I am currently employed as a nurse and have been working for almost two years to date. I am actually on a predicament whether to wait for next year's FSW intake (as the cap for nurses had already been reached) OR take the Quebec route. My questions are as follows:

1. If I applied for QSW, is it mandatory that I have to apply also for eligibility at OIIQ?

2. Can I apply at OIIQ when in Montreal already? Or is it better I start while still waiting for CSQ?

3. Is it possible that I get the CSQ and eventually an immigrant visa, leave for and live in Quebec but not work as a nurse there?

Thanks in advance! :)

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
^

1. No.

2. You can choose to do either one but it would be best to apply while waiting for the CSQ, though that would be a risk since you have to shell out an extra 700 CAD for the application without having an assurance that you'll get to Quebec eventually.

3. Yes. That's actually what BIQ-HK inform prospective immigrants that you won't be assured of working as a nurse in Quebec.

Good luck!

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
Hello guys,

Thankfully I found this thread and I'm also learning. I have some questions though,

1st, I want to ask if my academic IELTS would be accepted? I read some posts and it says that they passed their GT IELTS. I am quite nervous since I just got the required score in IELTS last November.

2nd, 8.1 Are any of the diplomas entered under Question 8 Québec diplomas or their equivalent and found among these choices: About that message, I am a BSN graduate in the Philippines, I just have to choose others?

3rd, If I print the documents and forgot some info, can I just write those info using a pen?

4th, what points do I really need to have? I can see some with 49, and some with 55. In the website, it says 55.

5th, about sending original copies (TOR, Diploma, IELTS results, Certificate of Employment), do you need to have it authenticated (red-ribbon, notary) or not?

Thank you very much in advance

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
^

1. Dunno if academic IELTS would be appropriate since the general IELTS was the one that I took. You can submit it though and see what happens.

2. Yes. I think 8.1 pertains to the MRA between Quebec and France. We're not covered by that. Unless you've already been registered or had your degree assessed by a regulatory body (if your profession has one) in QUebec you can choose the third option.

3. Yes.

4. You should have 49 points in order to be eligible for the interview and get the 6 points during the interview for you to qualify for a CSQ. I don't know if you can get an interview if you've scored less that 49 but that's the required score as stated in the Immigration Quebec website.

5. You have to notarize the all the photocopies that you are going to send.

Good luck!

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
Thank you very much for your help kind sir. I will be sending my documents next week, hope they will accept my ACAD IELTS.

For clarification, Can I submit just photocopies and have it notarized or there are files that should be the original? THank you again

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ agent14 notarized photocopies are much better to sumbit as originals will not be returned. If they want to verify your documents... They will ask for it during your interview. Hope this help. It may be a little costly and on the brighter side at least you dont need to get another set pf originals.... Just my two cents. ;).

A.

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
I see, Thank you very much for your help A and Solokru. :D

If ever I have some more questions, I'll ask you guys. Again, Thanks

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magandang araw po... mag ask lng po ako... kung mag apply po quebec required po ba na mag aral ng french? or pwede na IELTS na lng ang isubmit?

thanks

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nursegio said:
good evening everyone! :) i am also planning to apply QSW that is why i am gathering infos. i have 59 pts sa assessment. do u think they will call me for a personal interview? Kasi sabi ng Enhance Visa consultancy, phone interview lang daw, totoo ba yun? I dont know who to believe.

san po pwede mag pa asses, para malamn kung ilan points? thanks

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,

nag online assesment po sa website ng quebec ito po yong result, pano ko po makikita yong points?
Your result

It seems that you meet the Québec selection criteria. You may now submit an official immigration application. If you apply as a worker, consult the section Application for Selection Certificate and appendices - Permanent workers. If you are applying as a self-employed worker, consult the section Application for Selection Certificate and appendices - Businesspeople , or contact us to have the form mailed to you. Processing fees are charged when you submit an official immigration application.

Practical advice
Submit your official immigration application as soon as possible. If you wait too long, Québec's selection criteria may have changed or the list of areas of training may have changed in the meantime. After you have submitted an Application for a Québec Selection Certificate, the final decision will be based on the list of areas of training in effect when the application is processed.

Useful information
It is important to inform you that the application processing time may vary at any time due to a number of factors (overall selection objectives by geographic pool and immigration category, volume of applications for a Québec Selection Certificate submitted from various territories, international context). For more detailed information, consult the section Processing Times for Immigration Applications on the Immigration Québec Web site.

Thank you for your interest in Québec.

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
Good day to all,

I got another question again, do I have to submit any proof of funds (aside from the self-sufficiency document) like bank accounts etc?

Thank you again