+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILE YOUR TAXES

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up that CIC also checks if taxes are filed and are current (Up-to-date). So if you haven't done so start now... Or if you have done some and not done the others start now...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up that CIC also checks if taxes are filed and are current (Up-to-date). So if you haven't done so start now... Or if you have done some and not done the others start now...
How do you know that ?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Hey Guys,

1st thing, there is many applicant took test in past months or so, no one posted that officer wanted to see tax return.. CIC may check only last 4 years relevant to residency period if want to.. not beyond that. Also for 2104 return can file until 30th April..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
DAN11 said:
Hey Guys,

also, CIC needs authorization to access your info from CRA and there is no consent box on application form.

If they send a RQ then NOA etc can be sent otherwise i think CIC can't access all this without consent.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
also, CIC needs authorization to access your info from CRA and there is no consent box on application form.

If they send a RQ then NOA etc can be sent otherwise i think CIC can't access all this without consent.
The authorization for CBSA record of entries I think is just deterrent to not try lying. Thats the reason specifically asking for it in the forms.
Do you really think they dont check your CRA returns? At interview the guy asked me how much I made the last year assessed and when I told him he ticked something somewhere in the forms like he already had that figure. I did not provide them NOA or T4s.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
era1521 said:
The authorization for CBSA record of entries I think is just deterrent to not try lying. Thats the reason specifically asking for it in the forms.
Do you really think they dont check your CRA returns? At interview the guy asked me how much I made the last year assessed and when I told him he ticked something somewhere in the forms like he already had that figure. I did not provide them NOA or T4s.
I am just making a guess. I suppose CIC can't access your records from other department without your consent. However who knows. Maybe they can.

Also about asking how much you made last year, during interview, the officer might have check marked the checklist. Unless you have seen what he has check marked, you might be purely guessing.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
DAN11 said:
Hey Guys,

I have suspected this for long time. This is also a probable reason why cic removed the requirement to submit work records from appln form in may 2014. Also this part of c24 was already half cooked and ready (my guess, again)

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
I am just making a guess. I suppose CIC can't access your records from other department without your consent. However who knows. Maybe they can.

Also about asking how much you made last year, during interview, the officer might have check marked the checklist. Unless you have seen what he has check marked, you might be purely guessing.
Its naive believing they wouldnt check without your consent.
CIC in Sydney have high level clearance, I bet they check everything.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
thecoolguysam said:

Yeah, no sunshine...

CIC can check anything, anywhere, anytime they want... They have the highest clearance level I would presume...
They could be watching you sleep if they wanted to...

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Why do people need to be told to file their taxes? If you are not filing taxes what are you doing in Canada?

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
GCMS now connected CIC to CBSA directly so they can check the border records for physical residency. The system is indirectly connected to police database for prohobition procidures. In the near future this system will connect to CRA too in order to check the required record that CIC need for the case processing.