+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to Local Office

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Generally this means IRCC has concerns about the relationship. There's a good chance an interview for the applicant will be required. I would collect additional and more current proof to support that your relationship is genuine.
I know the fact that relationship interviews are not friendly but we're not scared from that, we were hoping to get aip but looks like it is going to take longer. We also got an email from them back in June saying that they have sufficient evidence to support our relationship and no need to send more, I will be surprised if we have relationship interview after this email.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
My file also transferred to the local office for further processing. I take its not a good sign....
When ur file were transferred to local visa office? Also, share your timeline.

I am seeing almost everyone who is adding their spouse in between the application are getting their file transferred to local visa office. Nothing to worry about but jgs gonna take long time, I guess.
My own plus about 3-4 ppl i know got the their file transferred to Irrc-winnipeg, and that office is painfully slow. I guess winnipeg takes 6-7 months just to assign your file to an officer.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Generally this means IRCC has concerns about the relationship. There's a good chance an interview for the applicant will be required. I would collect additional and more current proof to support that your relationship is genuine.
Not really! Almost everyone I know from Winnipeg ( 3--4 ppl) who added their spouse in between the application got their file transferred to Winnipeg. I guess this is now new protocol that ircc have in place.
Local visa offices calls these applications * A complex type* application.
Nothing to do with genuineness of relationship.

In my case my file was almost in last stage. Like both my spouse and mine eligibility passed. Criminality passed. Medical passed. BIL done for spouse, all in central office and just last month they transferred it to Winnipeg.

Winnipeg says it's in queue to be assigned to an officer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not really! Almost everyone I know from Winnipeg ( 3--4 ppl) who added their spouse in between the application got their file transferred to Winnipeg. I guess this is now new protocol that ircc have in place.
Local visa offices calls these applications * A complex type* application.
Nothing to do with genuineness of relationship.

In my case my file was almost in last stage. Like both my spouse and mine eligibility passed. Criminality passed. Medical passed. BIL done for spouse, all in central office and just last month they transferred it to Winnipeg.

Winnipeg says it's in queue to be assigned to an officer.
You are posting in the Family Class section of the forum. This is where Canadian citizens and PRs are sponsoring their family members.
It is COMPLETELY different than an
economic app.

A transfer to a local office in a sponsorship app means issues likely requiring an interview.

Don't post in other sections of the forum that you aren't familiar with.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
You are posting in the Family Class section of the forum. This is where Canadian citizens and PRs are sponsoring their family members.
It is COMPLETELY different than an
economic app.

A transfer to a local office in a sponsorship app means issues likely requiring an interview.

Don't post in other sections of the forum that you aren't familiar with.
My bad. Sorry

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Inland common law appilcation
I applied on 13 may 2019
Medical done july 2019
Open work permit approved sep 2019
AIP. Mid Oct 2019
And on 21 oct I received email thar my file is transferring to calgary (which is my local office)
For further assessment and they make ask for additional documentation ,clarification or interview

now i am very tensed
Everything was going well untill i got this email

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
When a file is sent to a local office it usually means there are concerns about the relationship or the admissibility of the applicant. At that point your application is not longer in the normal processing timeline.
You mean there is a chance to get rejection than normal cases?? Mine is also sent to local office!!

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Inland common law appilcation
I applied on 13 may 2019
Medical done july 2019
Open work permit approved sep 2019
AIP. Mid Oct 2019
And on 21 oct I received email thar my file is transferring to calgary (which is my local office)
For further assessment and they make ask for additional documentation ,clarification or interview

now i am very tensed
Everything was going well untill i got this email
Did u get an email saying that your file transferred to local office?! Mine the agent told me other than that I didn't get any email regarding my file transfer!!
Could u explain plz!!

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Did u get an email saying that your file transferred to local office?! Mine the agent told me other than that I didn't get any email regarding my file transfer!!
Could u explain plz!!
Yes i got an email on oct 2019
That my file is transfer to local office for further assessment
I am april 2019 applicant

Kobby75

Oct 15, 2019
On June 10,i received email that my file has been transferred to Edmonton ircc for further assessment....... Til now not nothing from them......
I am Oct 9aor..2018.. Inland file... With 3 dependants kids from Ghana...
We have completed our medicals, biometric, police certificate, etc
We are getting to 20th month now...
Am feeling horrible right now......

Kobby75

Oct 15, 2019
Please I desperately wanna know if anybody files was sent to Edmonton or Calgary for further assessment and what was the outcome after a long wait....