+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to Local Office

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I came to know our file was transferred to local office.
I’m an inland sponsor.

Gckey says ‘eligibility under review’

Criminality still on going. Security completed.

In process on both sides on ecas

Can anyone guide me what could be the reason for transfer? Is it a good sign?

I also got an email from ircc mentioning everything going on smoothly.

So I’m very confused

Please guide

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I’m an inland sponsor.

So I’m very confused

Please guide

Thanks
Generally, it means that IRCC has concerns that need further investigation and/or an interview, so not a good thing.

I suggest you request GCMS notes.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally, it means that IRCC has concerns that need further investigation and/or an interview, so not a good thing.

I suggest you request GCMS notes.
Thanks. But why would they mention in their email that everything is okay and going smoothly?

This is what confusing me?!

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks. But why would they mention in their email that everything is okay and going smoothly?

Dont very too much.if there is no red flags yiu should be ok
There is nothing to worry about as long as you are on right track.
Order notes and be prepared
Good luck.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I’m an inland sponsor.

So I’m very confused

Please guide

Thanks
If the email said that your file was transferred for "further assessment" then you can expect delays. From what you're saying it doesn't sound like that's what you got.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the email said that your file was transferred for "further assessment" then you can expect delays. From what you're saying it doesn't sound like that's what you got.
No. I didn't get any email. Neither ecas nor mycic says anything about it. IRCC agent told me this.

Their email reply just said everything going smoothly and they have everything they need to make decision

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
When a file is sent to a local office it usually means there are concerns about the relationship or the admissibility of the applicant. At that point your application is not longer in the normal processing timeline.

Reactions: Jhegel

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
As it has been suggested in this thread and many other threads you have posted you are best to order your notes. No one on this forum can give you insight on your application and why things are happening. You should take what the call centre agents say with a grain of salt as they are known to give inaccurate or incomplete information. They are not visa officers and have little insight to the file. Do yourself a favour and order your notes

Reactions: Prasad001

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As it has been suggested in this thread and many other threads you have posted you are best to order your notes. No one on this forum can give you insight on your application and why things are happening. You should take what the call centre agents say with a grain of salt as they are known to give inaccurate or incomplete information. They are not visa officers and have little insight to the file. Do yourself a favour and order your notes
Already did last week

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When a file is sent to a local office it usually means there are concerns about the relationship or the admissibility of the applicant. At that point your application is not longer in the normal processing timeline.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

Taje it with a grain of salt. No one here can provide insight. Wait for your notes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

It's a form letter / standard reply.

Transfer to the local office pretty much always means that they are looking into your application more closely for some reason (typically this is related to concerns about the relationship) and this means you can expect additional information requests, possibly an interview and longer processing times since your application is now non-standard. As others have said, you need to order your GCMS notes to find out why your application was sent to the local office.

Reactions: adityabharadwaj999

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Transfer to the local office pretty much always means that they are looking into your application more closely for some reason (typically this is related to concerns about the relationship) and this means you can expect additional information requests, possibly an interview and longer processing times since your application is now non-standard. As others have said, you need to order your GCMS notes to find out why your application was sent to the local office.
THAnks. I already got additional docs request before. If they really have concerns on our relationship why they wouldn’t issue procedural fairness first?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Moreover ircc agents also told me everything seems to be in order.