file has been transferred to local CIC office

Rafa84

Aug 16, 2019
Hello Everyone
Got my Passport request today
Here is my timeline
CAQ Approved : 11 mai 2019
LMIA apprroved : 18 mai 2019
Work permit application under the GTS stream online as Czech republic resident : 11 June 2019
Application transfered to Edmonton Visa Office : 21 June 2019
Passport Request : 27 August 2019
Best of luck for everyone

spectatorXXII

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Canada
HI there,
Im on the same situation. Applied February 4, 2019. File transferred February 13, 2019. Edmonton IRCC. Asked help from Member of Parliament here in Calgary to follow up on my behalf. CIC responded to them this.
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit.
  • A note on file added on February 13, 2019, indicates that the file was transferred to the Edmonton IRCC office for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • Because this is a complex case that has been referred, the usual processing time does not apply. It may take up to 9 months to finalize this application.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
You applied PGWP and you have been told the maximum processing time for your case is 9 months? I guess you are under implied status?

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hi there,
Are there any updates on your work permit?
Also, Can you indicate me which type of WP is it?
Thanks

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
I believe if CIC needs further review of your app it gets sent to local offices .
I have seen people who took breaks etc have their files transferred to local office .

Let me know what happened to your application , I will be submitting for my extension soon :)
Anyone

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Still waiting for their response. Being exactly 11 months. Nothing so far.
Hi there,

What exactly are you applying for? mine is PGWP and its almost 10 months processing. file transferred to Edmonton office.