+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
I didn't take a break whatsoever. Can you please let me know whenever you get a response? So that I could estimate the processing time for my application as well.
I'm just stressing a lot lately because of all this.
Thanks for responding.

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
I didn't take a break whatsoever. Can you please let me know whenever you get a response? So that I could estimate the processing time for my application as well.
I'm just stressing a lot lately because of all this.
Thanks for responding.
I will. Also let me know if you get a response first. Thanks.

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks! All the best to you too.
HI there,

Im on the same situation. Applied February 4, 2019. File transferred February 13, 2019. Edmonton IRCC. Asked help from Member of Parliament here in Calgary to follow up on my behalf. CIC responded to them this.
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit.
  • A note on file added on February 13, 2019, indicates that the file was transferred to the Edmonton IRCC office for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • Because this is a complex case that has been referred, the usual processing time does not apply. It may take up to 9 months to finalize this application.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
HI there,

Im on the same situation. Applied February 4, 2019. File transferred February 13, 2019. Edmonton IRCC. Asked help from Member of Parliament here in Calgary to follow up on my behalf. CIC responded to them this.
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit.
  • A note on file added on February 13, 2019, indicates that the file was transferred to the Edmonton IRCC office for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • Because this is a complex case that has been referred, the usual processing time does not apply. It may take up to 9 months to finalize this application.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
Yeah, I spoke to a CIC agent and they said my application for a study permit extension could take up to 9 months as well. But you’ve already waited six months and you’ve got max 3 months or less to go so just think positive from here on out. If they’ve spent 6 months already on your case without denying it then I’d say your chances of approval are higher.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, I spoke to a CIC agent and they said my application for a study permit extension could take up to 9 months as well. But you’ve already waited six months and you’ve got max 3 months or less to go so just think positive from here on out. If they’ve spent 6 months already on your case without denying it then I’d say your chances of approval are higher.
When did your original SP expire ?

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
HI there,

Hi
Sorry for bothering
May I ask if it’s your first time applying a work permit in Canada or you’re applying a work permit extension?
i guess I will wait 8-9months as well before a decision made.
FYI : CPC- Edmonton is the new location of CPC- Vegreville (the ex visa office)
Let me know your updates.
Many thanks

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Hi
Sorry for bothering
May I ask if it’s your first time applying a work permit in Canada or you’re applying a work permit extension?
i guess I will wait 8-9months as well before a decision made.
FYI : CPC- Edmonton is the new location of CPC- Vegreville (the ex visa office)
Let me know your updates.
Many thanks
Hi,

I am applying for PGWP. I will keep you posted.

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
HI there,

Hey did you apply a work permit after study permit? Like an LMIA based work permit?

SHsc

Aug 16, 2019
HI there,

Did you get your work permit? And could you please share that why your file is complex?

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Did you get your work permit? And could you please share that why your file is complex?
Hi,

I did not get my working permit yet. I'm not sure why it is complex. No idea. I attached all the documents they needed. Took two-year course with no breaks, etc...

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

I did not get my working permit yet. I'm not sure why it is complex. No idea. I attached all the documents they needed. Took two-year course with no breaks, etc...

Request CAIPS notes.
Find out exactly what’s going on.

Reactions: Kashcal and bel