+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Hi
I got an update from my study permit extension which was submitted on Feb 11th

“This letter refers to your application for a Study permit.
Application: S**********
Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.”

The information letter definitely raised my concerns. I applied for study permit extension two months before my original permit expiry date.
My original permit was valid for four years unitl this year 6/30.
What will happen to my study permit extension next. I feel like file transferring to local CIC office is not a good sign.
I did remember I had a six months school break in 2017. Will this break impact negatively on my study permit extension?
I also ordered GCMS notes through my husband but it’s not coming.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
What was the outcome? Any updates, thanks.
I see you have posted different threads in this forum
Are you an immigration consultant or you just curious about different topics.
For privacy reason, I do not share my personal updates with this forum.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I have my relative visitor visa transferred to a local office, so wanted to check, what would be the timeline once a case gets transferred.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi

Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.”

The information letter definitely raised my concerns. I applied for study permit extension two months before my original permit expiry date.
What will happen to my study permit extension next. I feel like file transferring to local CIC office is not a good sign.
I did remember I had a six months school break in 2017. Will this break impact negatively on my study permit extension?

I believe if CIC needs further review of your app it gets sent to local offices .
I have seen people who took breaks etc have their files transferred to local office .

Let me know what happened to your application , I will be submitting for my extension soon :)

Last edited:

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
Hi

Hey. Please any update? Currently in the same situation.

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
When did you apply for extension ?
What’s your profile ?

Only then can someone advise you .
I applied on May 29th 2019 for a study permit extension and my eligibility is still “in progress”. I received a letter saying that my application was transferred to CPC Edmonton for further processing on July 5th.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied on May 29th 2019 for a study permit extension and my eligibility is still “in progress”. I received a letter saying that my application was transferred to CPC Edmonton for further processing on July 5th.
Did you go for a new program ?
Taking more time to finish current one ?

What’s your situation?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Taking more time.
For last 2 months extensions were approved in a month .
Even yesterday and today , 2 apps were approved which were from June 19 & 20.
Not sure why yours was transferred to local office .

Did you have a break in your studies ? How long was your course initially ?
How much extension have you asked ?

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
Hey,
Did you get any response from CIC yet?
I am in the same situation. Just wondering how long they will take to process it once its sent to CPC Edmonton for further processing.
Thanks

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
Hey,
Did you get any response from CIC yet?
I am in the same situation. Just wondering how long they will take to process it once its sent to CPC Edmonton for further processing.
Thanks
Not yet. That’s what I wanna find out too. When did you apply?

Presh—

Jul 26, 2019
I applied on April 12th and my file got transferred on July 24th
Wow and still no response. I thought the maximum processing time on their site would accommodate all unforeseen delays.
But do you think there were some inconsistencies in your studies or application?