+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

Kiki_G

Jun 27, 2022
Yes It was transferred to Edmonton office in December 2019 and then to Saskatoon office in November 2020 so it is now in Saskatoon office. When I was a student I thought I will go see my husband who is India after getting my work permit. But never knew that my work permit will take near about two years in process. It has been 3 years since I last saw my husband. Mine is stuck at eligibility review.
Hello, there! My file transferred to Edmonton ircc. I have been waiting for final decision almost 2 yrs, I've called the call center many times and their response is that I need to be patient to wait, but now my patience is almost running out, plus that during this period no one has contacted me; and I really do not what I can do right now. Can you please let me know what did you do to push your application processing? Did you find the MP of MB, if so, could you please tell me the MP's name?

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, there! My file transferred to Edmonton ircc. I have been waiting for final decision almost 2 yrs, I've called the call center many times and their response is that I need to be patient to wait, but now my patience is almost running out, plus that during this period no one has contacted me; and I really do not what I can do right now. Can you please let me know what did you do to push your application processing? Did you find the MP of MB, if so, could you please tell me the MP's name?
Hi, it depends which area you live in. Find mp according to your address and they will help you. My MP areas mp wouldn’t help unless you live in same area as I do. Even though my MP sent a lot of requests IRCC would not speed up the process and they won’t even provide all information like, why your application is stuck. Basically they would tell you that your application is in this office and being processed. That’s it. I got mine approved after almost 2 years.

Kiki_G

Jun 27, 2022
Hi, it depends which area you live in. Find mp according to your address and they will help you. My MP areas mp wouldn’t help unless you live in same area as I do. Even though my MP sent a lot of requests IRCC would not speed up the process and they won’t even provide all information like, why your application is stuck. Basically they would tell you that your application is in this office and being processed. That’s it. I got mine approved after almost 2 years.
Thank you for your reply. Do you think it would be helpful a little bit if I contact to the MP, or is there any way to contact Edmonton office? Do you think it would be better if I also applied for a change of office?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yes you can definitely give it a try. If your MP contact IRCC in that way IRCC might pay some attention to your application but again nothing in MP’s hand they can only send a inquiry on your behalf. I sent a lot of inquiries through MP in 2 years so I would say yes give it a try. You cannot apply to chnage the office It depends on IRCC in which office they want to process your application. They usually send complex cases to local office. Unfortunately we can only wait or another option is Mandamus.
What's your postal code?

I can tell you your MP's info.

Kiki_G

Jun 27, 2022
Yes you can definitely give it a try. If your MP contact IRCC in that way IRCC might pay some attention to your application but again nothing in MP’s hand they can only send a inquiry on your behalf. I sent a lot of inquiries through MP in 2 years so I would say yes give it a try. You cannot apply to chnage the office It depends on IRCC in which office they want to process your application. They usually send complex cases to local office. Unfortunately we can only wait or another option is Mandamus.
Did your case apply for transfer from Edmonton ircc to another office by yourself or mp?

Aug 1, 2022
File reapplied for september intake SDS FROM NORTH INDIA
Lodged on =23 MARCH 2022
MEDICAL UPDATED=30 MAY
NO UPDATE AFTER THAT
RAISED WEBFORM ALSO
PLEASE TELL ME WILL GET MY RESULT BEFORE CLASSES CLASSES GOING TO BE START ON 5 september.
Please help should i defer or not?

Manpreet040999

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hey guys,
New in this thread but in same boat as some of you guys.
I applied in august 2020, and file was transferred to etobicoke office in december 2020. Did anyone get any update after their file was transferred ?
Thanks.

Rahman1424

Aug 30, 2022
Hey guys,
New in this thread but in same boat as some of you guys.
I applied in august 2020, and file was transferred to etobicoke office in december 2020. Did anyone get any update after their file was transferred ?
Thanks.
Hi Manpreet !
i am in the same boat. I applied for study permit extension back in October 2021 and on December 2021 it got transferred to Etobicoke office. No update till then. Meanwhile, my study was finished and applied for PGWP on April 2022. same thing happen for this application as well. it got transferred to the same office. Its been 10 months I couldn't work. extremely frustrated and don't know what to do.
u got any update yet?

Manpreet040999

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Manpreet !
i am in the same boat. I applied for study permit extension back in October 2021 and on December 2021 it got transferred to Etobicoke office. No update till then. Meanwhile, my study was finished and applied for PGWP on April 2022. same thing happen for this application as well. it got transferred to the same office. Its been 10 months I couldn't work. extremely frustrated and don't know what to do.
u got any update yet?
No update man! I left hopes on it. But you can work as on applied status.

Reactions: Rahman1424

Rahman1424

Aug 30, 2022
No update man! I left hopes on it. But you can work as on applied status.
R u sure on that?
someone told me that when u apply for PGWP and dont hv valid study permit then u can't work. that's why I stopped working. My SIN number is also expired. I did not do any mistake. I applied for study permit extension 45 days prior to expiry date. then I applied for PGWP when I was waiting for a decision about my study permit extension. since December 2021 I m under implied status. went to MP office bt no help.
don't know what to do where to go. becoming a mental patient gradually. taking pills to stay normal.